July Sky, Wet or Dry? #3 Daily Weather

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

I had heard this too and here I am in Chicago of all places. Hope you get your camera out and take some sunset pictures.
We are go to a greek resturaunt for dinner in about an hour, it's 95º.
Here is the view from our 20th floor room at the Hyatt.
sidney

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

One of the best meals I've ever had was a lamb stew at a Greek restaurant!

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

It's 6:30pm, slightly overcast, 80º and I have the windows open. (No AC here.) Even at that, and with a fan running next to me, sweat is covering my chest in a fine sheen.

Savannah, MO(Zone 5b)

100s' to our north, 100s' to our south, 100s' to our east, and 100s' to our west.
It's just plain hot and humid here in northwest Missouri.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Hi 97, lo 73, dp 66, clr, s14.

The appetizers were fantastic, the entries were not. Had a terrific time and was very grateful to be there.
sidney

Arroyo Grande, CA

I was looking at the weather site and the temps year-round. We never have more than a 20 degree spread. Right now it is usually in the fiftes at night and 70 in late afternoon. In the winter it dips into the low forties and 60s during the day. Some days if it is really foggy there is less than a 10 degree spread.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Lo 77, dp 70, cloudy (TS Gert) this am.

Arroyo Grande, CA

Heavy fog this morning.

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

UV Index: 2 Low
Wind: From WNW at 3 mph
Humidity: 74%
Pressure: 30.08 in.
Dew Point: 76°F
Visibility: 10.0 miles
Sunny. Heat index near 105F. High near 95F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

84°, 74%, DP75, Heat Index 92° Projected high 91°, Heat Index 105°

Just in from the first watering of the containers. No rain forecast *sigh*
Pati

Savannah, MO(Zone 5b)

Northwestern Missouri: COOLER TEMPS ARE ON THE WAY!!!!
Today it remains hot , humid and we are getting hot winds out of the south.
Rain expected as the front drops in around Tuesday. Hope others get some temporary heat relief too.

Well, the windy city is calm and cooler today. A bit of rain is here and we are all thankful.
Three of us in a room and two of us having Hot flashes. LOL
My roomies inform me I babble in my sleep.
oh well, hope I didn't devulge any of my gardening secrets.
sidney

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

WHOA! I just made a BIG mistake and looked at my local weather forecast online. It's 90º here (in town) right now and supposed to be 95º tomorrow! It just NEVER gets that hot here in the mountains, and without any AC I guess I will be very misearble tomorrow. I'm misearble enough here today although it's just 84º here by the creek in the shade.

The only good news for tomorrow is that I have a class from 4-6 in an air conditioned building. Maybe I'll go into town early and use the computers at the library, which is also air-conditioned.

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Beautiful day in Pa. 92 degrees and dp 71. Feels like the dog days of summer. We had an outstanding thunderstorm in the middle of the night that gave a very local inch of rain. YEA!

More beans to pick tomorrow. (Very early tomorrow)

southwestern, IA(Zone 5a)

Finally a break in the heat! It's been in the upper 90's to over 100 for weeks now with next to no rain. I think the last time I checked today it was actually up to 97. About 6:00pm a storm/cold front rolled in bringing some fairly severe storms but i'll take it! Hopefully the storms don't become too severe, there have been reports of hail and a few wall clouds but no tornados thankfully. A decent forcast up until the weekend anyway, I will take the added humidity in exchange for the 100's anyday!
They are saying only a high of 74 for tomorrow which is lower than it has been overnight...lol It will probablly feel cold! I love the midwest and the drastic changes in the weather in a matter of no time. I'm so happy to see the rain I really want to run out there and dance around. : )

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

97 today w/ a Heat Index of 115
AND we came home from work at 5 PM to a Brown Out!

86 w/ a H/I of 100 now at 9 PM.

Same tomorow. (Though I'm hoping at least the power stays on! lol)

Ric

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

We are suppose to get Jos' cold front tuesday night w/ chance of t-storms wednesday. Very unusual for fronts to make this far south in July and this will be the second one. Can hardly wait! Thanks, Jos.

Hi 97, lo 78, dp 67, mstly clr.

Arroyo Grande, CA

Never cleared, fog all day, but it was clear just a few miles away. Heavy fog again tonight.

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Sky's so clear I stood in the middle of the street and watched the space shuttle climb!!!!! When the sun hit it at an angle it looked like you could read the writing on the side.
Pati

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Oh, Pati, how cool!

Here in Houston: Temperature 85 °F (29 °C), Dew Point 75 °F (24 °C), Humidity 72%, Pressure 30.02 in (1016.5 mb), Heat Index 93 °F (34 °C)

The highs are going to be in the mid-90's, lows in the mid 70's. Normal weather down here. :-)

Pati, so neat for you to watch the shuttle from there. It's 81º, showers expected and almost tolerable outside.
We put a $10. deposit on seat to ride a boat up and down the river tonight.
I am not looking forward to getting drenched. Maybe we can get a rain check.
sidney

This message was edited Jul 26, 2005 2:52 PM

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Looks like it will be in the mid 90's this week. That's pretty typical. The excess humidity is gone. It is probably back to being in the mid 60s by dawn, but I'm not up early enough to check. It will be like this (90s/60s, sunny) well into September, so I won't bore you with a daily report until something changes, and it will at some point. We're under our quota for days over 110F.

Arroyo Grande, CA

Still overcast, though it will likely clear in a little while.

Savannah, MO(Zone 5b)

Northwestern Missouri: COOLER TEMPS ARE HERE!!!!!!
Some showers off and on and a gorgeous 69 degrees this afternoon.
It has been in the 90's for days so this is so nice.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

87o here today; humidity 55%, DP 68o

Gorgeous day for lift-off!

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

High 94 degrees, relative humidity 109 degrees. Picked beans and dug and transplanted daylilies for two hours this AM. Checked the coleus cuttings - it is so humid they didn't even wilt - just sitting there growing roots.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Hi 99, lo 77, dp 69, cldy, se11. A cold front should pass thru w/in minutes+. I can hardly wait!

Arroyo Grande, CA

Cleared for a few hours and then the fog came back in this afternoon early.

Starkville, MS

Hey - its one o'clock and only 92.5 here - must be one of those "Canadian Yankee Clipper" fronts moving through!

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Its cold here! Lo of 68 this am and its still 68 at 1pm! 1.80" of rain last night!! dp 64, cldy, n3.

Starkville, MS

imway2 - I'm heading your way!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll see if I can bring some rain with me if you still need some. I'm not overflowing, but have enough to trade for some of that coolness.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

So happy for you John! Ü

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

94 degrees, dewpoint 73. Got the grass cut, weeds wacked and tomatoes picked between 7-9 AM. Can't work in this heat/humidity. Guess I'll just have to eat ice cream.

The local corn fields are singing!

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

We've had a nice, gentle rain falling today and the air's fresh and cool. It's quite nice. :) A couple days ago, a really windy thunderstorm blew through, hammering my veggie garden. I didn't have stuff staked as well as I should have, and my tomatillo plant was split right down the middle. Figured I didn't ahve anything to lose, so I tried first-aid. So far, nothing looks wilted up top. Hope the postman doesn't mind. ;)

Thumbnail by gardenwife

Just wondering - why do people love summer so much when it appears that the weather really isn't all that great in most places? Is it that being too hot is better (less worse?) than being too cold? Is it just a carry-over from when we were in school and had summer off?

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Well, I guess it's the fact that things are green and growing, you can swim, all of that. I'm more tolerant of heat this year than I am of cold...Kinda dreading winter, to tell ya the truth.

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

I like winter more than summer...but then it's been years since I've lived anyplace that go really cold. I don't think either Alabama or SE TX count as cold during the winter. I love being able to make a fire, put on a big pot of soup and sit and read by the fire...course if it was up to me I'd also keep my Christmas tree up from first to last frost.

Arroyo Grande, CA

Fog is good, I keep telling myself. Overcast all day today but not cold and the fog is pretty high. Might clear for a few hours.

If you don't want all that fog, send some this way.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.