July Sky, Wet or Dry? #3 Daily Weather

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Thought # 2 might be getting a little heavy for us dial-ups.
Nothing but possible pop-up storms expected here.
Hi 90º, Lo 80º.
Sunny!
sidney

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Thanks Sugar. Trying to get my nerve up to brave the heat and water my kids.
Pati

Me too, need to plant. Will check Almanac first.
sidney

Starkville, MS

This is how you deal with this weather! (yes, there are two cats in this pic.)

Thumbnail by tgif
So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

My cat loves to sleep in paper bags.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Mine, too!!

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

We have seldom been without the sound of thunder since last Wednesday. We are under a flash flood watch now. Cool and cloudy. Great weather. Finally getting May weather.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Radar is showing some bands from Emily in your area. You are so lucky! Oops, maybe you don't want more rain.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Let it rain. I won't complain.

John, I have come up with the perfect low maintenance ground cover. It is called: unmowedgrass.
The stuff has grown a foot since the rain started and it's still too wet to mow.

This message was edited Jul 19, 2005 2:22 PM

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

I forgot the pic I just took.

Thumbnail by trois
Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Well yeah, just call it a wildscape prairie. Put a sign up saying it is and, it is! :-)

Santa Barbara County, CA(Zone 9a)

It's overcast and 55°F (13°C). Am about to go grab a sweater!

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

No one can see it anyway except us. We have started many vines under that grass that will overcome the grass by next year, I hope.

Once had a doxie that was trapped face first in a brown paper sack just big enough for him to get over half way into.
I still laugh to tears when I think of this .
sidney

sidney, I came home from the movies to find my dachshund had crawled into my sweater on the bed, all the way down into one arm... and was trapped. She managed to jump off the bed still trapped in the arm to greet me. LOL.

Yep Ludwig too. LOL

Arroyo Grande, CA

Clear here tonight and quite pleasant but the fog will be in before long and it will be foggy in the morning

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Good Morning! First too much rain, then NO rain! All my squash plants are dying! It was 96 here yesterday. I decided no more motorcycles until it gets below 90! It is unbelievable yet my little one STILL wants to go outside! Children are crazy! My air conditioner can't keep up in the afternoons!

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

We have foggy, foggy dew. Temp was 68 degrees this AM. First it was that low in a long time. When the fog lifted the air was drier than the last few days. Perfect weather to pick green beans. Sufficient soil moisture and a blue and white sky - can't beat it with a stick.

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

se_eds, I don't know if you were referencing the old song, "The Foggy, Foggy Dew", but it sure did trigger some old, happy memories for me! *sigh*

"And the many, many times that I held her in my arms
Just to keep her from the foggy, foggy, dew."

Pati

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

Triangle Forecast....

Today......Partly cloudy with a 30 percent coverage of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 90's. Heat index near 103. Winds southeasterly 3-14 mph.

UV Index: 5 Moderate
Humidity: 76%
Pressure: 30.06 in.
Dew Point: 76°F
Visibility: 10.0 miles

Who needs a sauna when all I have to do is go sit on the back porch. DP (darling puppy) won't even stay outside! She runs out does a flying tinkle as she's sailing over the to tall grass that we can't cut because of the rain and races back inside.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

20% chance of thunderstorms today. That makes me laugh. In the 18 years I have lived here, I have seen one summer thunderstorm. They are calling for it to get to about 102F. (BTW, air conditioner is fixed. Yay!)

Current official condtions at Van Nuys (8:51AM).
82 °F / 28 °C
Partly Cloudy
Heat Index: 83 °F / 28 °C
Humidity: 52%
Dew Point: 63 °F / 17 °C
Wind: 4 mph / 6 km/h

Yay, Kelli (for the AC)!!!

BTW, My Godfather lived in Van Nuys before he died several years ago. I never got out there.

This message was edited Jul 20, 2005 2:20 PM

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

hot, hot, hot, clear , sunny & (did I mention?) hot

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

How hot is it?

91º. Sunny and 50% humidity in Jax!
How are you doing Trois?
sidney

Anyone who has never been to Van Nuys hasn't missed much, IMO, though I'm sure thousands of people over the years have lived fulfilling lives there.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Temperature 88 °F (31 °C); Dew Point 75 °F (24 °C); Humidity 66%; Pressure 30.00 in (1016 mb); Wind Speed 13 MPH; Heat Index 97 °F (36 °C)

Occasional rumbles of thunder. My DH rather likes the look of the long grass and weeds in the back yard, too. LOL

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

I used to drive through Van Nuys on the way to work for years, as I worked in North Hollywood. I lived in Sylmar, up pretty high because we could see most of the San Fernando Valley at night. They used to test Rocket engines in Conoga Park, that were easily heard all over the area.
Thunder, brief hard rain, 87, watery looking sun. Perfect!

This message was edited Jul 20, 2005 3:11 PM

DH and I used to work at the company that made the rocket engines. They still test once in a while, but not the really big ones. Those are sent to Mississippi.

southeast, NE

July 20, 2005 - 3:54 p.m.
Lincoln, Nebraska - just hit this mark:

100 °F / 38 °C
Clear
Heat Index: 108 °F / 42 °C
Humidity: 38%
Dew Point: 70 °F / 21 °C
Wind: 18 mph / 30 km/h from the SSW

IT'S HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Sorry!

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

What I wouldn't give for only 38% humidity!

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Comparing % humidity is practically meaningless. A better measure for comparison is dew point temperature. :-)

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Your'e not from around here, are you John?

38% humidity here means we have a Norther blowing with cool, dry air. Otherwise it is coming off the Gulf, and is muggy.

This message was edited Jul 20, 2005 5:23 PM

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

So?

Arroyo Grande, CA

Clear right now, but fog will be in this evening and then again in the morning. It was clear along the ocean, but the fog was hanging about a mile offshore, getting ready to come in. When it is hot inland, fog gets very fierce. I guess haven't been here long enough to develop a panopoly of words to describe the various kinds of fog.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Chuck, I lived in Los Osos one year and Morro Bay another while attending Cal Poly. Remember the fog very well! Also, the heat waves around Sept.- Oct. Very pleasant area.

Hi 95, lo 73, dp 68, pc, s9, current temp. 86.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

At 8:45pm CST it's
21°C.........................69.8F

WIND E 13 km/h
GUSTS
RELATIVE HUMIDITY 53%
DEWPOINT 11°C
PRESSURE 101.75 kPa

Perfect week for shingling our roof.......next weeks supposed to be in the 90's.
Poor men started the south side at 7:00 am and will finish it around 10:00 pm tonight.

Arroyo Grande, CA

It is foggier in Arroyo Grande than San Luis Obispo, but not as foggy as Los Osos or Morro Bay. I go into work along the coast and it is often clear here and foggy in Pismo and then clear in San Luis Obispo. Right now, the fog is about a half mile away, but I am not sure it will make it in this evening. No fog=warm weather. Best months of the year as mentioned above by imway2dumb are September and October. Fire risk is greatest then, humidity drops, hot winds blowing down canyons called Santa Anas are a recipe for disaster. We have our own minature Waldo Tunnel called Ontario Grade where the fog boils over the pass. It is very beautiful when the sun shines through it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.