Secret Houseplant Trade?

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Do you have a pic of the goldfish plant, I don't think I have seen one before. of if so didn't know what it was. We definately need to a spring houseplant round robin or something.

Anyone have a begonia rex leaf, I want to try growing it. I am intersetd in any leaf cuttings to try my luck at rooting.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

What a great idea!!! I'll have to get specifics but "cliff notes" version - is I have: 4 types of hoyas, 4 African Violets (including 2 mini's 1 pink/1purple), 5 types of jade, couple different aloes, various "other" succulents i.e. rat tail, burrows tail etc. standard Ficus and a mini-ficus...mercy - just ask and I'll be happy to let you know if I have it. I'm always looking for unique succulents of any kind and Hoyas.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh, but I'm looking for a new Ficus! This time I'll treat it better, I promise.... And I've been looking for what we used to call Wandering Jew, I do remember it was veriagated. And I told someone somewhere I'd like her fern, and another person I'd like her spider baby. How are we going to ship all these things? Oh, yeah..... 'carefully!'

xxxxxxxxx,
Carrie

Carrie,
KimGaither posted a thread on how she ships plants and I have found it to be an excellent method! Here's a link to the post:
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/502752/
I've learned from experience that plastic touching the foliage will cause it to rot, so be sure when you ship them to avoid that.
RG

Edited to say: I like the new ClingWrap stuff that sticks to itself for wrapping around the paper towels on the roots.

This message was edited Nov 11, 2005 5:17 PM

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Carrie have some spider babies and wandering jew, dmail me if interested.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.