Secret Houseplant Trade?

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Ladies,

I'm back but it's going to take me a couple of days to catch up on my chores. Wouldn't you know DH has food poisoning... I've been holding his head while he was toilet hugging and rubbing his back to try to help him get to sleep... he is such a good person.

But I'll be back fat and sassy soon.

Judy

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

HOly cow Judy, you 've got the plants don't you LOL, I just looked at your web site, their beutiful, And darn it , I just love begonias too. I do have to remember, i'm clearing out things and not bringing things in > Which is so hard for me.

kathy_ann

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

BUT they can handle abuse!!! Trust me or they would not be here.
lol lol lol

Woonsocket, RI(Zone 6b)

I have green wandering jew, sweedish ivy, arrowhead plant, and lipstick plant cuttings to trade. What do you have to offer?

Fruitport, MI(Zone 5a)

I have many varieties of begonias - Lots of Rex, anglewing, Dragon wing, large cane type, trailing, fancy leaf, miniture varieties, and others. I have three large goldfish plants that I can start cuttings. I also have many african violets - two different variegated types. have other varieties of plants as well. I would like to do a trade. I have been collecting begonias so looking for varieties that I dont have. I have heard of a bronze colored anglewing. Anyone have this one to share or other varieties? I also like anything unusual.

Mandeville, LA(Zone 9a)

Hi all. I am a new member here at Dave's Garden. I have Nematanthus "Christmas Holly", N. "Black Gold" and N. "Tropicana". I would love to trade for other goldfish plants. I am particularly looking for "Dugny" and/or "Lemon-Lime". I also have Hoya polyneura and Hoya pubicalyx. I would like to have the Shooting Star Hoya which I think is H. multiflora. I also have Walking Iris (not a houseplant but I've got lots of it), a huge Monstra and a huge Bird's Nest Fern. I don't know how you would propogate the fern but I'm willing to share.

Utica, MI(Zone 6b)

I just found this thread....is this trade still happening?

The Heart of Texas, TX(Zone 8b)

hiya scoobysuey,
It never really formed as a group trade and was started because many folks either don't want "common house plants" in trade for their garden plants or a lot of us just want to trade house plants.
If you have any house plants up for trade just post to this thread and if someone is interested they will post a reply here, too.
It's a great place for beginners to start trading too.

I made several trades here and was very happy.

Soooo whatch got up for trade???

MsC

Utica, MI(Zone 6b)

the only things I have are borros tail, angel wing begonia, I have some basic green spiders, which i am sure nobody wants.....aloe, which again, sure nobody wants...........and thats about the extent of it......but if anyone has interest in those or even maybe for postage? sorry but i am quite new at the houseplant thing.......I really would enjoy to broaden my horizins with some stuff i dont have.....oh yeah, have a verigated pothos, again nobody wants probably.......I will include a pic of the AWB for you to see......the only unusual thing i have.....

Thumbnail by houseplntjunkie

Hiya Scooby,
I'd love to trade for a cutting of your begonia..I don't have that one.

I'll send you my info in a email on DG .

Glad you posted:)

MsC

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

I have alsobia cygnet to trade for other blooming houseplants. These are small well rooted little plants. They look best with three planted to a pot, so the trade will be for three plants. Lou

Lou,
What are you looking for in trade for your Alsobia plantlets?

MsC

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

Flowering houseplants-easy to grow if possible. What do you have? Lou

Lou,
I'll send you a list of some possibles late this afternoon.

Thanks!
MsC

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi all,
I have some house plants I would like to trade Sansevieria trifasciata birds nest., This plant is no longer available.

This message was edited Nov 8, 2005 12:14 PM

Thumbnail by rose318
in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I also have a Sansevieria trifasciata snake plant .

Thumbnail by rose318
in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

One split leaf philodendron plant. The one for trade is slightly smaller than the one pictured.

Thumbnail by rose318
in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I also have few epiphyllum cuttings. Night blooming Queen of the night ( white),
Red unknown name, and showboat. Here is the picture Showboat bloom. I only have a few cuttings available. I will also have a couple Large bromeliads available, but I need to take pictures of them in the morning. I don't know their names.
**** I am looking for African violets , philodendrons, hoyas, epiphyllums ,and other plant on my trade list. ****
Thanks, Patti

This message was edited Aug 21, 2005 10:55 AM

Thumbnail by rose318

Patti I'd like to see your bromeliads.
I'll have more AV's to trade...lol

MsC :)

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

MsC,
I can post pictures in the morning.. I have two different types. Here is the description of one of them It is green with pink tips. I have two of this next one (green with this big pink bloom coming out of the center). It is not open yet. As I think about it, that probably describes a number of bromeliads. LOL Silly me.
Patti

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I also have Tradescantia zebrina ( Aka wandering jew ) , and I have Asiatic dayflower blue flower( pictured).Bridal veil Tradescantia ( small white flower that looks like babies breathe) also have a very small leaf green wandering jew too.

This message was edited Aug 21, 2005 11:09 AM

This message was edited Nov 8, 2005 12:15 PM

Thumbnail by rose318

Patti post the pics tomorrow the one with pink tips sounds like it's MINE...lol The other one I probable have .It sounds like an Achmea Silver Vase plant .

Nightie~ night

MsC

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

MsC,
I will surely post them tomorrow. Nightie - night to you too.
Patti

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Here are the pictures of bromeliad. Pink tips( I don't know the real name). This plant is spoken for.

This message was edited Nov 8, 2005 12:17 PM

Thumbnail by rose318
in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Here is the other bromelaids . Unknown name .There are a couple babies forming also.

Thumbnail by rose318
in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I also found ( two types) Mother of Thousands, Mexican Hat Plant
Bryophyllum daigremontianum ,and Mother of thousand , and Chandelier Plant, Mother of Thousands (Bryophyllum delagoense) Arrowhead vining pothos, and Marble potho, Prickly pear,Kalanchoe blossfeldiana, I also have pictures of all of them. Just let me know if you want to see them.

This message was edited Aug 21, 2005 11:03 AM

St. Paul, MN(Zone 4a)

Does anyone want a Euphorbia tirucalli ? I have a well rooted plant which I am not fond of. It is maybe about 8 inches. I bought it as "Sticks afire" or some such name and it was sort of blushed in color when I purchased it but now it is light green in color. It is several years old but I haven't been nice to it and it deserves a better home. It is healthy though and has spent the summer outside.

I could throw in a Stapelia gettleffii (unrooted but easy to root) cutting. Stapelia gettleffii gets a large cool looking flower that is stinky. It is a great plant for kids. I got it from Logees a couple of years ago. http://www.logees.com/prodinfo.asp?number=S7540-2

Trade for some sort of plant cutting that makes a nice hanging plant - nothing fancy just something I don't have.

OK compost pile it is. I am not going to drag in one more thing to nurse over the winter I don't particularly like.

This message was edited Aug 22, 2005 11:14 AM

OK I couldn't do it. I made it as far as the compost pile and it just looks too healthy. I guess it has one thing going for it I probably can do just about any amount of neglect to it (and I have) and it isn't going to die. Who owns who?

This message was edited Aug 22, 2005 3:25 PM

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi, do you still have cuttings of that Stapellia G. ? I am just getting into succulents and cacti, and would love a cutting, what would you like? My tradelist needs to be updated, but ask, I may have it, just not on there. I find it difficult to do on there for some reason.
Thanks, and if not, thanks anyway!!! :)
Ruby

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

I want in it too.I have tropicals rooted for trade for house plant cuttings if anyone is interested.Would love anything colorful or that flowers.I would even stoop to begging some cuttings for postage.lol.Thanks,Jody

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi Rose318, do you still have any of the Queen of the Night cuttings??? I am new to them, but would love to try growing them, what are you looking for? I have brugs, Frosty pink, and other plants, just let me know and thanks!
Rose_petalzz

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Rose_petalzz check your D Mail.
Patti

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Anyone interested in a end of year trade. I have some clippings of the following:

Purple/Green Wandering Jew
Green Wandering Jew
Baby Jew "Basket Plant"
Creeping Charlie
Green Spider Plants
Varigated Spider Plants
Marble Queen Pothos
Golden Pothos
Mother in law Tongue
Rubber Tree
Ficus Tree
all pretty common houseplants.

snboyken, I'd absolutely love a secret houseplant trade. I've never done a Round Robin, so I don't have a clue how to start one, but if you'd be willing to post it on the Round Robin board and handle getting it started, you can count me in right off the bat! I have some actual plants, and a few clippings I could contribute to the swap.

Edited to say: Or post to this board, or however one gets one of those things started... :o) I wasnt' trying to tell you how to do it. :o) I just don't want to start it 'cause I don't know how. I'm on one robin, but it hasn't been shipped out yet, so I don't even know what to expect.

This message was edited Nov 3, 2005 3:01 PM

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Hey, "y'all", up here in the frozen North I have brought all my houseplants in for their purgatory period. (They either die and get composted or they live, and go to heaven, i.e. the patio for another summer! lol) I'm definitely interested in a houseplant trade after I take inventory and get some rooting hormone! I like things that creep, twist, or cascade. (Clear as mud, that's me!)

xxx Carrie

Let me know when you're ready, Carrie. If it's not too cold we'll see what we can work out.

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

carrie, i would love the see your inventory list when you get it ready. Thanks Raingazer for the trade.

Rockford, IL(Zone 5a)

I'm rooting my goldfish plants, so I hope I'll have some ready to trade soon.....

Linda

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Keep me in mind when you have some ready. Thanks.

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

snboyken,

I would really love to get the Green Spider Plant, Baby Jew "Basket Plant"and Mother in law Tongue. Is there anything inparticular your looking for or if you will accept shipping for those. Please let me know

Char

Linda, please let me know when your goldfish plants are ready. Hopefully we could work out a trade.
RG

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.