March Local weather, In like a Lion....II

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

My feet are cold. Going outside will only make it worse. Good news though! The Sterling Silver Rose I ordered came today! Which reminds me. Trois, what was the name of that yellow & red rose of yours? I need to order one.

John

p. s., Pati, feeling sorry for myself has become an art form.

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

LOL!
Pati

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

This isn't weather oriented at all, can someone point me toward the post of the guy on the ladder in the back of a truck changing a light bulb. Wanted to show to someone.
/;-)~ ~Blooms

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Blooms, wasn't that in Cincinnati during the 60s while a riot was going on, and they left the guy hanging on the pole for an while? How did your Apricot tree fare?

John, that rose is a Rio Samba. Mine is already blooming and is growing even with the cold weather.

trois

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

What kind of seeds did you plant John? It's still raining, but when it lets up, I pull weeds. they fly out of the ground.
Trois, that warm/cold deal is sorta like you can root cuttings in water, but drown the same plant by overwatering.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

It is strange. We overwater everything and most of them thrive. I think a constant level is adapted to by plants. Iris are the exception for us.

trois

Some of the best Iris growers in the world were in my family and I can't pay one to grow for me.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Poke weed, butterfly weed (perennial) and, dwarf sweet peas so.far. (Yes, poke weed!)

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

Well, cold here, but 60s tomorrow, will be muddy afte they say 10 inches of snow. When it dries up, I will be planting peas and potatoes. Inside I have started watermelons, cantaloupe, Scarlet Falx, Red Zinnias, Picotte Cosmos, German Chamomile, 3 heirloom beets, 2 cabbages (1 heirloom), 12 other herbs, Peppers, Arkansas Traveler Tomatoes. Someone has asked me to start their Hawaiian Tomatoes for them. Ican't wait to look at the package and see if it is an heirloom and which one.

All that planting and I am still cold. Will plant more melons tomorrow. had to order more supplies LOL

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

39 this morning. It's supposed to get better. We brought in a lot of young tenders.

Huntsville, AL(Zone 7b)

imway2.. Wish you could come here in the spring. I pick all the poke I can handle and mow the rest,(in my yard), never thought about planting it, (but then again I planted chili petines last week), be glad to send you poke seeds in the fall. We have it coming up all over our farm. Plant some along your fence line or somewhere that you can let it fruit out , if you've got any birds,in a couple of years you won't have to plant again. Also,34 here and sleeting.. I'll sure be glad when the spring gets here Sunday so it'll warm up!.

67°, 90% high of 75°, Steady rain. NWS weather alert radio has been beeping all morning. Thunderstorm/tornado warnings coming across Lake Okeechobee heading for us.

Yesterday we were under a tornado watch, the storm went north of us and the tornado crossed I-95 about Daytona Beach. Hope we miss it again today! The container plants who have a steady diet of hose water are loving the rain!
Pati

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

35F after a low of 29 with CLEAR skies. Promises to be a fine day! Light freeze was no big deal. Will be 72 manana.

Top of the morning to each of you.
An old Irish Blessing;
"May you be halfway to Heaven before the devil knows your dead!"
LOL.lol

Grey, 54*, dew point 54, low 47, foggy, high 59*. Looks like Pati might be on the very south side of a storm I'm on the north edge of.
Stupid alright! Just grey, not gray, that's brighter.
Sidney

Sugar, my fraternal grandmother's family came from County Cork, so we should be wearing Orange...if we dared!! LOL

Tornado waning off now, just severe thunderstorm warning. I was watching the radar loop on Underground Weather and saw the red twist fade as it left the lake boundry headed for us. Neat stuff!!
Still hear lots of long thundering.
Pati

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

G'mornin', Sugar. Watch the skies, Pati!

Thanks John. I'll have to let the weatherman watch the skies, I'm busy watching my "blue roof" tarp and hopeing it's still water tight! So far, so good.
Pati

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Pati, I'm wearintg orange myself today, no green LOL.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Your gonna get pinched, darius. Duh, I get it. Thats the plan!

Depends on where the "pincher" is going to pinch the "pinchee". *giggle*

HAIL DARIUS, fellow Orangeman!!!

Pati

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

SUNNY SKIES here.

My family is all in green today, and we are flying our leprechaun windsock. Very Irish here... And a beautiful, albeit breezy day. Almost no sign of snow. Except the poor snowman, he has lost a lot of weight on this diet of warmer temps. Still jacket weather though. And it is almost ALWAYS cold on Eater morning, warms up after church it seems.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Always does after a firey sermon. Which depends on what you did Saturday night!

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

Here is our snowman, before and after. The snow was wet enough that we actually ROLLED the balls up that big with little packing...

Thumbnail by TamaraFaye
Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

Today... ANdrew is trying to put his nose back in. All of his face fell out. he is almost skeletal LOL

Thumbnail by TamaraFaye
Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Its a lost cause, Andrew. Mr. Snowman is done for!

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

2.4 Earthquake 32 miles N of Amarillo near Canadian Riverbed at 1:20 this afternoon, a friend near there felt it...but her baby slept through it!

Edired to add another station says it was 3.1 on the Rictor scale, but my friend says it didn't quite feel like a three to her.

She says they called it the "Great St. Patty's Day Earthquake!" on the news. My what they will do to get you to watch! Of course, I am on the computer, and on the phone with her: I pretty much don't watch the news or weather. It's more fun to be with you guys :-D

This message was edited Mar 17, 2005 7:32 PM

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Most people don't feel quakes of that magnitude unless they are right on top of it. :-P

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

She is within a few miles of the fault line,and always feels them. I guess you can tell, since she knows how what size feels like.

As for the snowman, Samuel reports that his head fell off just before supper time! But maybe we will have more snow soon!

Snowy winter, plentiful harvest.
~Native American folk saying

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

54 after low of 44, dp36, windy (S), forcast 72. :-) No rain. :-( 70s next few days :-D and :-P

I just hhad a post cybergated, meet me at
http://aoeu.davesgarden.com/forums/t/492128/
Sidney

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.