michigan forum

Humansville, MO(Zone 6a)

I know how much that area has grown in the last 35 yrs. but it's hard for me to think of that traffic out there to have that big of pile up We played basketball with rockford and we were booth class d schools I came through there several years ago going to belding and i couldn't find 44 even. seen a sign that said rockford and relized that i'd miss my turn and came into town to find out where i was and there new high school was setting across the street had a hard time with the size that is what i get for staying away for 30 yrs.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

dave they said on the news that it was a total white out that came up really fast
and it only takes one guy to hit the breaks on slippery roads, we have had lots of melting and refreezing. It can make driving crazy-black ice is very dangerous.

One of those squall (sp)things that come and go..but snow to beat the band for a short time

I SAW A ROBIN TODAY!!!!

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

You saw a robin? Wow, it's early for that guy to be back home.

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

Hey, we've been working on sending those robins your way for at least a month now! Gald they're finally making it up there!

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

I ran a bunch off the other day!

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Never saw this thread before,
didn't know Dave had a Cool Climate Forum already...

Went there... Hafta ask, if it's colder climate forum you want howcum you not using it. Could always start state specific threads.

JUST A THOUGHT... have felt a little seperated from the Texas Forum don't want to get lost in seperate forums.

No point in throwing snow - never get here. LOL My mtns have a plenty just 30 miles away. ~Blooms

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

(John, we'd better watch out for flying snowballs!)

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

I saw and heard "ONE" goose the other day. I was getting out of my car in the parking lot at work when I heard him. I looked up at him and just shook my head. There's a reason for the Silly Goose saying. This one proves it. Why he came back so quickly is beyond me, and I'm assuming he didn't come back alone. We are going to be hit with more cold yet.

We are just getting the cold and wind. Not much snow. I'd gladly welcome the snow. I'm afraid I've lost many plants due to the dryness of the ground and the cold winds.

Allen Park, MI(Zone 6a)

Saw my first robin on Wed this week. Got 2" snow overnight he's going to have a hard time finding worms :). Springs on its way (I hope).

Paul

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

no robins here yet- I expect to see a polar bear in the back yard- it is filled with so much snow and another 3 inches on the way today. Why don't Alberta Clippers stay in Alberta???

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Just another Texan adding support for a forum for you guys. If I ever moved to your region, I probably wouldn't know how to grow a thing! Terre_'s comment about growing seasons really made me stop and think ... good point.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Well heck Blooms, Texas is like a whole nother country. You like to travel don't you? No reason to feel separated from the Texas Forum. You are more than welcome there. You come visit, ya' heah?

Brown City, MI(Zone 5a)

I use to trust the first Robin siting to be a true sign of spring, but not anymore.

We've had a flock of Robins on our property since January.

Either they never left, or they are one large flock of lost birds ...............

East Lansing, MI(Zone 5a)

It is an old myth that robins fly south for the winter! The most recent snowfalls have been melting much faster than january snow. Today a used my own car like a greenhouse. I t was so sunny this afternoon that with winds only light and variable. I carefully placed my newly potted seedlings inside of the car on the dashboard. The temps here fluctuated between 60's and 70's. I placed a sheer fabric over the outside glass to filter the intense sun coming through the windshield. So far I've germinated Limelight 4 o'clock, lettuce leaf basil, nolana paradoxa,and Sonora Gloriosa Daisy. I rooted 5-6 cuttings of Persian Shield.This propagation has been quite an achievement for this time of year.
I have no fancy greenhouse nor warm consistant weather to increase my chances for maximizing my sucesses. But I keep on plugging away. I will
always have my dreams. Yes I do have my own personal visions for a better
more beautiful world. The local vandals will always wreck something in my garden. But the fact that I have my own dream... I know where I am going.
I have a place to go. Right now I have people that I have become attatched to that need me . I am a wanderer but I know where I belong. I could probably live well in any part of the country. Right now I am making lemonade with the lemons thrown my way.

This message was edited Mar 11, 2005 11:19 PM

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

........., :-)

Your persistence has been rewarded.

http://davesgarden.com/forums/f/region_mi/

dave

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

HUGE THANKZ DAVE!

Scotts, MI(Zone 5b)

Deann, I was just scrolling through the older messages and saw a pic of your Shepards, they are awesome. They remind me of my two from many years ago, they were called Tanya and Trooper. We used to breed them and sell the pups and of course always keep one, but they were awesome. Now we have two Shih-tzu's. What a difference, eh? So how have you been, haven't seen you online lately?

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Fancee.....I am online every day, at least 2 times a day....I am always on first thing in the morning anywhere from 6am to 9am and then again in late afternoon around 6pm....I always have AIM on, just send a message through AIM....during those times....But for the most part during the day I am outside trying to finish up in the garden...

Deann

Scotts, MI(Zone 5b)

Hello everyone, where is everybody, no post since June and here it is the end of July. Is everyone outside trimming back bloomed perennials and weeding. With all this heat we have had I am sure behind on mine. Can't seem to catch up or keep up. Happy blooming and weeding to all my Michigan friends and newcomers. :-)

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Francee.......that is exactly what I have been doing, however, I just go out in the mornings now early, until 11 am...then just stay in most of the day. At night around 7:30 pm, I weed the pumpkins. We have a pretty huge plot of them going this year, at least a couple of acres of them.....See you around...

Deann

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

pssss we are in the michigan forum when not in the garden-this thread was a request to get our forum! :)

Scotts, MI(Zone 5b)

So if this is not the Michigan Forum where is it please?

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

this link will get you the main michigan forum

Mt. Pleasant, MI(Zone 5a)

Dori..... You know the look I have on my face right now DON'T YOU? I thought THIS was the Michigan forum. If this isn't it, then what IS it???? I just don't GET all this stuff. I'd be happy if someone either re-did this site IN ENGLISH or someone would come to my house and SPLANE!

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

Come on now we need some action on here...

Loretta...

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

This is one topic in the Michigan forum. If you wish to see all of the topics in the Michigan forum you can click on this link.

Hope this helps 'splane' things a little better. :)

Brenda

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

Thanks I already know that,but there still is not too much going on..Maybe once we get the colder weather there will be,hopefuly...
I used to live in Garden City,my husband had a auto parts store there for years...

Loretta...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.