What do you look like? ( Second Edition )

Danbury, NH(Zone 5b)

Hi
waldrade, I got your seeds today, thank you very much.

Bilyn

N.C. Mts., NC(Zone 6b)

Evert, you are a handsome young man. Where did you get that tan?

NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

Ah hah .. Jes plum honored to 'see' the face behind those serenely beautiful snow shots you've posted !!

And a mitey steller young feller you are! ... Glad to lay an 'eye' on you Evert !!

- Magpye

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

:) Hahah

From Africa ;D

Taylor, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks for the comments on my pics!

Waldrade, I really *dig* your pic!

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

bump

Abbottstown, PA(Zone 6a)

Here is a pic of hubb and I again,, not much changed from the first time I posted.
vicki

Thumbnail by vwetzel

Here i go
TAH DAH
ok, not so tah dah,
lollol
Me and the kids in CA on the beach in Santa Cruz.It was their first time on the beach .My daughter was attaked by a wave, it really took her down,poor thing.
Love the thread,fun to see the faces with the names,
sue

Thumbnail by
Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

Anyone know what happened to Bill Casey, the originator of this thread? He was a very nice guy.

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

He hasn't started a thread since last May. I did "speak" with him last summer when some of his stuff was growing in my garden. Terrific guy - hope he stops by.

I remembered how much fun this thread was way back when - I thought it would be fun to reactivate it!

Nice to see you, sue! And you're right, Vicki - you guys haven't changed at all! (I had to go check to make sure it wasn't the same photo. LOL!

High Desert, NV(Zone 5a)

Here is a pic of my older daughter and me. Isn't she cute!

Thumbnail by tombaak
Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

She looks like just her Ma - TOTALLY cute!

High Desert, NV(Zone 5a)

Thank you!

She actually surpasses me in cuteness by a factor of about 1000! It isn't the best picture of her, i picked it because it's the best pic of me. LOL

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Smart lady! LOL! But then - I already knew that! I've seen other photos of the kids - total cuties. Do I remember correctly that she's the PURPLE kid?

High Desert, NV(Zone 5a)

Loves purple! That's why Syd picked the purple carrots at the nursery the other day. For her big sister. Isn't that sweet! I hope they grow for us!

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Me, too! I will be sure to include Purple Snapdragons for her, and pink ones for Syd!

Hi Dee hoooo Sequee
Tombaak , i love your glasses!! mine are so old lady looking, i am trying to get a bit hipper lol not in the figure though lol
this is soooo fun :)))))
i am easily pleased, but don't tell my DH, sssshhhhh , its a secret LOL
You loooook Maaavolous.
take care
sue

High Desert, NV(Zone 5a)

It's funny, i got those glasses 5 years ago. One of my good friends told me they were ugly and looked like safety glasses. I don't live very close to her, so we see each other infrequently. She came to visit not too long ago and told me how much she liked them. I reminded her that she hated them 5 years ago, she laughed and said. "Yeah, but they are really in style now!"

Hello everyone! It's me!
Nice to see many of you, especially my "old" friend Joseph in person.
oops! According to this photo I have had plastic surgery to attach a large D to my nose!! :) OK, so I look just like this, without the D!

This message was edited Feb 3, 2006 12:10 AM

Thumbnail by
west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Its me--the Scottish girl in the mirror!

Thumbnail by dmj1218
Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Cute!

Franklin, WI(Zone 5a)

Here I am...about a year and a half has flown by since my last photo post. My daughter is a hairdresser and can't believe I don't have any gray hair yet! (I'm a grandma of a three year old). Guess it pays to be a redhead!

Sandy

Thumbnail by Seedsower
Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Hello all!

Here I am with Dr. Alan Armitage at the Georgia Perennial Plant Association Symposium yesterday.

Susan

Thumbnail by soulgardenlove
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Here I am at the end of last summer. It's nice to put a face with a name!

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes
West Warwick, RI(Zone 6b)

This is a picture of my 12 year old daughter, this face will make you all LOL!
(shed kill me if she found out I posted it on DG) HEE!

Thumbnail by GRENTHUMBS
West Warwick, RI(Zone 6b)

This is me (Dena)....happy lady with the free windows.....

Thumbnail by GRENTHUMBS
Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

Christmas, opening my presents from my wonderful DG friends :)

Love this thread!!!

Janis

Thumbnail by Woofens
Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Hi, "is" - so nice to see you! Now I can picture you when we're chatting on Tuesday nights!!!

"ice"

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Can you see me?

Thumbnail by makshi
Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

here you go tunnels ,
Hope 43 after we went out for dinner
we eyed this nice machine, Ala instant photo op

Thumbnail by tazzy
Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

oh no i look so heavy there.. and mess.. this is today right??

who is tunnels ?? edit again tazzy meant trunnels, i reread all them.. now know why mine was up again.... its awful pic. but ido not take good ones anyway

This message was edited Feb 8, 2006 9:38 PM

This message was edited Feb 8, 2006 9:57 PM

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

This is me and DH before we got married- maybe circa 1988? I don't dare post a recent pic of me- way tooo much of me nowadays- LOL!

Thumbnail by berrygirl
Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

You and me both, my friend! I just got my Drivers License photo in the mail - I actually shuddered when I saw the photo! ~:-(

Manning, FL(Zone 9a)

This is me! Always nice to put a face with a name!

Thumbnail by jjayroe
west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Sequee---I think there's some universal law; all driver's license pics must look like mug shots or else that's all the troopers know how to take (I think they train taking arrest photos then graduate to driver's license pics) lol

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

My drivers's license photos have always been god before - in fact I've even kept most of them!

And my work ID photo...they kept asking me if I was sure I didn't want to take it over. LOL! Why bother? It's the camera demon, bound to make me look my worst. (Or I really look like that, and I SURELY don't want to know about it in that case!)

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

I look at these pictures, especially the ones from 2005. Most of the names I don't recognize.

It's been mentioned before in the thread and I would like to mention it again... posting your picture in a forum is NOT a good idea. Why? Allow me to explain. Any person could easily do certain searches with various information and come up with your picture (from here), your address, your phone number... and if they are really sleuthy.... they could hang out in the same places as you and learn what your habits are. And armed with all of that... anything could happen.

I'm not saying that it would happen, but it very well could. I mean, we don't like our kids sending there photos via instant messaging to people they don't know right? This is virtually the same thing.

And the bad part of it all is that once the information and stuff is out there, it's very difficult if not impossible to get rid of it.

This is a gardening web site... understood. And most of us wouldn't give it another thought... however, this is the internet. It's worse than having your picture, name, address and such posted at every truck stop in the USA. And it's the same for the men here as well... you have to be careful.

I don't want to spoil anyone's fun. But just think about what you're doing. The internet is a world wide information system. And you're in it.

Take care,
Donna

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

You have a right to your opinion, but living in fear is like not living at all.

Thanks for your input - but no thanks for your paranoia.

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Sequee,

It's not paranoia and it's a bit more than an opinion... it's the facts. I really don't care what you think... you are extremely rude.

I just wanted folks to be aware of what COULD happen. I didn't say that it WOULD happen. Forgive me for trying to save someone the agony that COULD happen. An ounce of prevention....

Some people don't like to risk their well being over posting a picture on the internet. It's not living in fear, it's just a matter of having the knowledge to make a decision that could affect them for the rest of their lives.

I don't see your picture posted in this thread either.

Donna

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Then you'll probably really freak to hear that we actually meet up with each other and go to one another's houses. Gasp! Complete strangers. I guess we are really lucky to be alive.

This message was edited Nov 23, 2007 11:23 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.