Local Weather, December Pt. 3

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Your sweet reply puts a smile from my heart to my eyes. Sidney

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

don't know the temp or hum., at the laptop in the kitchen, will get everything wired together sooner or later - youse guy have a good eve.

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Awakened this morning to sunny skies and 40¼ but the lows all the rest of the week are teens and 20's.

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

48° out right now 46°dp. . overcast and will get to about 60 today. . .good enough to do a little garden clean-up. Bad fog over the weekend. . .it was socked in and so heavy with moisture, looked and felt like it was raining big drops for several hours and then we could finally see a little further. Rain forecast for later in the week, just in time for drive to Las Vegas to visit my DS and DIL. Was hoping for some decent weather, but we'll see what transpires.

Castro Valley, CA(Zone 9a)

about 63F at 1PM, overcast, feels like 40F, yuck

Well, its like this, if I told you how lovely the weather is you'ld want to shoot me.(;>)

54 this evening at 7:30pm, suppose to get down to 45 overnight, brrrrr

Snuggle with your snuggler and have something warm and comforting to drink. Its midnite, and I keep dozing at keyboard. Have a lovely evening...Sidney

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Hi 52, lo 36, dp, 19.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

31.3°, 54%, clear & and been windy all day, you can almost feel the snow comeing.

29º and snow flurries

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

35° was 31° two½ hours ago, sunny

Was 44* at 8;00, sunny high around 65. Everyday is a miracle around here.

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

It's 65* 54% now. This is what I have to look forward to!!! BRRRRRRRRRRR!

..WIND CHILL ADVISORY FOR TONIGHT AND WEDNESDAY MORNING... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MELBOURNE HAS ISSUED A WIND CHILL ADVISORY FOR COASTAL VOLUSIA...BREVARD...INDIAN RIVER...ST. LUCIE... MARTIN...OKEECHOBEE...AND OSCEOLA COUNTIES. LOW TEMPERATURES TONIGHT WILL RANGE FROM THE MID 30S TO AROUND 40 DEGREES. THESE COLD TEMPERATURES WILL COMBINE WITH GUSTY NORTH WINDS TO PRODUCE WIND CHILL VALUES IN THE LOWER 30S LATE TONIGHT AND EARLY WEDNESDAY MORNING. PEOPLE TRAVELING OR THOSE WITH OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES TUESDAY NIGHT AND EARLY WEDNESDAY MORNING SHOULD PLAN TO TAKE ALONG EXTRA LAYERS OF CLOTHING. REMEMBER TO BRING PETS INDOORS.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

At 39.6° here I'm ready to move back to Fla. Last night the wind chill was bad here.

Dyson, better bring a big coat. When weather like this hits it gives new meaning to the phrase "dressing in layers"! Since nobody here owns a winter coat, it's boils down to how many layers you can put on and still walk! LOL
Pati

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Pati and Dyson are sissies!! ;-D
John

Tallahassee, FL(Zone 8b)

The forecast calls for the low to hit 22 tonight in Tally-town.

Can we wear coats in Florida now, without being made fun of for not being able to handle any temps below 70?

San Augustine, TX(Zone 8b)

Ya see all that snow up north? I think I'd hibernate like the bears! Getting down to 22 tonight here (well, we'll see about that). Sunday it was 70! Gotta get my warm slippers out of hiding!

Well, I'm ready to raid the linen closet. I bought yard sale sheets just for occssions like tonight, so my yard wil be protected if its a serious threat.
I'm also putting my shorts away and fluffing my sweats.
I heard Santa was coming to town.

Tallahassee, FL(Zone 8b)

I heard Santa was coming too. My mother called and asked, "What's this on your wish list? A 20-foot telescoping pruning saw? What in the world do you want with THAT?"

Hee hee. (Hopping up and down in anticipation.)

Ohhh yes. I want a Fiskars fiberglass handle post hole digger and sharpshooter shovel. I want my engineer brother to use my design program to draw prints for a new big windowed back porch. Even a used small roto tiller would be great. Gift Certificates to HD or Lowes would be great. A new Sparkleberry tree (planted of course) would also be nice. I am filled up on most every thing else.

Santa came early here! My socks came in the mail today that I ordered from the "Vermont Country Store". They are called -30 Below socks and are made from 70% Merino wool and 30% Nylon. They are made in Ontario, Canada. Can't wait for bedtime to try them out!!! Now, if they just made a matching body sock.....LOL
Pati

(;>)

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Hey, I want -30 below socks and a small used rototiller, too! Already have a sharpshooter SPADE. :-p

Pati, I have some merino wool socks... love them, as I'm sure you will too.

Used to have some merino wool long johns but gained too much weight to wear them after a couple of years. Now I wear silk long johns, boy are they warm, and wonderful feeling against my skin. (I sleep in them when it's reaally cold.)

Around 57F today, but wind chill, cold, tonight expected 45F, Ok I'm a sissy, and I have my wooly socks on, toes still cold! My sweats and my fleece jacket, topped by my feather down vest, lol, and drinking nice hot green Tea w/honey and lemon to warm my hands, and nose, I'm baaad, Annie

My Gosh, what would y'all do if it really got cold? It was never out of the 30's today and I was out in a long-sleeved denim shirt and a light jacket. (I did have gloves because the steering wheel was so cold, LOL!)

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Hi 45. lo 25, dp 18. Hanna is a sissy, too. :-)

I agree, I'm a sissy, nah nah nah, my bones hurt, my whole body hurts, in other words I really don't feel too good today!

Get some zinc lozenges, helps the body deal with cold.

Ya, I ran out of those, I've been eating a lot of fruit today, bananas and carrots too, lol

When it really got cold, I moved to Florida, so what's next? Ecqiudor?lol

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

No! You just didn't go far enough down south. Soooo "C'mon Down!"

Tplant, Hey mon, today I'm considering polishing up my Regge and heading for Jamaica! How far south is south enough? Hmmmmm...sounds like an old song lyric,,hum a few bars and I'll fake it! LOL

O.K. Sugar, the debate is still going on as to whether Jacksonville is REALLY in Florida, or if it just slid south a little bit out of Georgia. *grin*
Pati

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

It's pretty calm here in the SJ valley today. . .overcast skies and 50°. . .I see wind advisories for south state. . .hope you've got everything fastened down good. . .gusts to 60 mph at times through Friday evening. And stay warm back there in that southern cold snap. . .those wool socks sound very comfy ;-D Janet

Nice view of Mt. St.Helens today, usually it's very cloudy. . .sure glad things have quieted down a bit up there.

http://einstein.atmos.colostate.edu/~mcnoldy/msh/

jcangemi, that's a very pretty picture, hope you're far enough away!
Sugar, you could always come to California, lol
this morning at 7am, 47F and overcast, 1:30pm sun's out, feels great!!

TPlant, where is Pembrook Pines?

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Hi 46, lo 21, dp 19, fair. Feeling like a sissy, too! Brrrrrr. Where is Florida?

Rotflmao, John, It's a suburb of Texas, kinda like the southeast forty.
Pati, Jax is re-inventing itself for the Superbowl.
NOW HEAR THIS "Where Florida Begins". That's our new slogan. so just get all that Georgia bizwax outta your head. It's settled! This is "Where Florida Begins" Just remember you heard it here first.
Sidney
PS I just covered my coleus again. Did you see my Religous Radish on PDB. It just knocks my socks off.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.