Local Weather, December Pt. 3

Merced, CA(Zone 9a)

Rain, rain, rain and lets see, more rain. At least its warmer!!

Castro Valley, CA(Zone 9a)

Heavy winds last night, followed by wind/rain, my yard is FULL of leaves, and not from my yard, lol, this morning at 7:30am 50F, grey sky, patchy fog in the hills

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

We've had more than 5" of rain in 24 hours (my gauge runs over at 5") and the creek is up about 2 feet. Still raining but quite a bit warmer than a few days ago. Was 60º at 8 am, and hovering there all day so far.

Merced, CA(Zone 9a)

Hanna, we should be sitting in the kitchen drinking coffee and beading!! Alas, I put the beads in the craft room, about 100 feet away from the house through wind and rain and we are still all sick, lol!! Sigh.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Way2, didja see that Texas's rain for last month is top story on NOAA page. http://www.noaa.gov/

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

57.4°, 96% , cloudy but not raining and I overslept - gotta get ready for work.

Sun's out!!!! yeppie, I'm going to play outside!

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Blooms, and, I was there! Mind boggling! :-) Hi 61, lo 43, dp 36

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Shew, Home again and it's down to 75*from an 80*.
Got home without a sniffle, yea.

Rainy 50F,I watered the other day, lol, I should of known better, the ground was so hard and dry, good thing I only gave them a wee bit, silly me.

Modi'in, Israel

Hanna1, didn't you know, the ebst way to make it rain is to go water yoru plants! I did the same the day before yesterday and then yesterday it rained LOL. Don't think some of the plants would have made it til yesterday without that watering though, so I don't mind :-)

today is rainy, sunny, windy, sunny, rainy, rainy, grey, rainy, sunny, rainy, grey, windy.....weather for anyone! LOL temps holding steady since early morning between 60-65F.

The wind thingy-majiggy outside looks pretty spinning and twirling around in the wind though :-)

70*, and 30% chance of rain.

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

80*, 65%, and apparenty no chance of rain until next summer.*grin*

Glad to see you and Henry made it home safely!
Pati

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

61° (we broke 60), 50% sunny & clear - need to get outside, but puter work to do, alas when the wx is bad I have no work & and when it is good I'm swamped? Can only be thankfull for the swamped times.

Rainy all day, dark grey clouds, about 50F,

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

57° and 50° dp this evening and been raining off and on all day today. Got 3/4" of rain yesterday, but only 1/10th" today. Patchy fog forecast for tomorrow and heavy fog Friday and Saturday.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

42.3°, 74% clear and cool.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

45.1°, 86%, raining again now.

Modi'in, Israel

Perfectly sunny clear blue skies again today. The ground is wet, the plants are happy and the kids got to play outside. I got to spend 2 hours trimming up all the dead bits off of this or that, taming the huge Salvia officinalis plants, whacking down the pennisetum setaceum so it will look nice next season, arguing with the builders next door who removed all the rocks which were holding down the privacy netting on the fence overlooking the kids garden, weeding, muttering under my breath wondering why the birds aren't using my bird feeder that's been up for a month, removing all the spent basil plants (making sure to shake out lots of seeds so we'll have basil next year too), ignoring the Jatropha that desperately needs to be trimmed back before next season, thinking about staking back the leucophyllum bushes which are leaning over the stepping stone path but ending up procrastinating a while longer on that LOL, and cursing at my Colquhounia coccinea for STILL not flowering (it's "supposed" to flower from October-January)....grrrrrrr.

-Julie

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Our weather warmed up to above freezing and gave us some rain, turning our pretty 5 inches of snow to a mess. Bare ground is showing now so maybe I can get more mulching done before winter really comes.

We have had 1-3/4 inches of rain overnight and today... that makes about 14 inches in the last week or 10 days. Fortunately it's been warm, 58º right now. Saturday is supposed to bring snow showers and a low of 24º.

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

I was warm(46 degrees)
and mostly sunny.
Jody

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

We've reverted to the temps that made me think this was a good winter spot. Last two nights temps 41 + 42 for lows and todays high all the way to 59* with 56% humidity and no winds since the ones that blew thru nite fore last at 40degrees and melted all the snow in the valley. Happy girl here.

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Gorgeous morning, light trade winds. Saw snow on Moana Kea. Clouded up and probably rain by 5:30 pm . Highs 73, lows 64.

No rain today, temps in the mid to high 50's, I did some yardening today before it rains again! The rain is making weeds grow like flowers, I had to attack them while young, lol

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Stopped raining , everything very wet & so foggy had to drive home from work on low beams. 45.1°, 97%.

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

Spent the best California late Autumn day with Aria at the Huntington today. Love it here.

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

It's fog and more fog to come. Had a beautiful sunshiny day, but already at 6pm it was 0% visibility in some areas i.e. Merced. . .Ladyannne. . .stay home and be safe. It's not as bad here, but probably in the AM.

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

We had partly sunny and nearly 50! Everything should be frozen and covered with snow. Is it spring yet?

Saw NBC guide about driving in fog. As a last resort pull the car as far off the road as possible and "get out of it"! Whoa! Now that's scary.
Please stay out of it anyway you can.
Weather supposed to start cooling off today. Had AC on yesterday.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

45.0°, 94% clear & cool, but the radar shows more rain on the way.

Here's an update on our weather... fronts collidng are NO fun!
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/473344/

Sunny and cool, must be around 55, lol, you know that's cold for me! Moving from Orange County, my blood must of thinned out, lol.

Auburn Hills, MI(Zone 6a)

cold 32, flurries ,, burrrrrr cold

It's 47* now and sunny. AC is off. Heat is on. Very delicate balancing act with occasional hot flashes, life is so much fun.

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

*SNORT*... ROTFL... Only someone that has to do that balancing act can know how funny that is!!! My cranky old legs have to be kept warm at all times, so it's quite a sight to see me in heavy sweat pants, wearing only a bra and fanning like crazy. LOL I don't have heat in my tiny apartment, but the flashes keep it at a comfortable temp!
Pati
P.S. It's was 42* and sunny at 8AM. The Doxies went into shock when they hit that cold grass. Now it's 50*

I have just 1000 sq ft and no "installed heat". I cover it with sweat suits and space heaters.

Sugarweed and patischell, now I'm ROTFLMBO, same here, lol, this weather is making me crazy. Comfy today, sun, overcast, sun, overcast, tonight in the house my hands are numb cold! Must be down to 50F

Howdy Hanna lady, Happy Haunika(sp?). Do the goodies get better every day, or do they remain the same ststus? I know Santa always gave us several good gifts and always one great one.
Hope you are having a great holiday.

thank you, We are, We had family over today, I made Latkes (Potato Pancakes) etc! Lit the Hanukia, it holds 9 candles the one you light with and 8 candles, one added every day till the 8th day! it's hannuka or hanukah, it has many different American spellings actually! Every family is different on how they do gifts! Every year I've done much like Christmas, a couple small ones every day for 7 days, and on the 8th Wam, the big one, this year we teased our 12 year old, $5 the 1st night, he almost cried, $10 the next, he cried, $10 the 3rd, lol, told him he should be happy for whatever he gets since some families have almost nothing to give! finally on the 4th we broke down and told him the truth, the money was going toward what he's wanted for sooo long, so the three of us went together to get his present, he's such a great kid, we are extremely lucky!!!!
Warm Holiday greetings to all of you!!!!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.