Local Weather, December Pt. 3

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Burr, 39* in the Queen city.

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Burr back atcha Sugar. It's 58 and 75% here this morning. Feels good though, and all the furkids are frisky!
Pati
PS Love the sunset pix, and how nice to have a companion that doesn't whine,"Are we there yet?" when you have just cleared the city limits. *grin*

Merced, CA(Zone 9a)

They are predicting rain on Saturday (and Sunday, and Monday) but a low of 33 on Friday night. Now don't get me wrong, I don't do snow, but wouldn't it be grand to have a teensy bit?

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

36.1°, 60%, light breeze, should be an "outside" day tomarrow.

Frost, just 40 miles south of Virginia, clear and COLD for this Florida gal. So clear the stars are really bright and sharp out here in the country.

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Here in northeastern Oregon we have 16 degrees, overcast, wind from the southeast at about 10 mph. Without looking at the forecast I can tell you it is gonna snow again today. We already have 5 inches and nothing has thawed for the past few days.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

47.3°, 56%, sunny

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

It's the same story again. 10* low 67% humidity [we ever see that in the summer and we'll drop like flies] . Shld be right around freezing for a high AGAIN today. Clear skies, persistant high over us.

Storm not making it in. There's a thin layer of wood smoke beginning to accumulate in the valley. Lotta people heat with it.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Blooms - you are scareing me with what is to come here ...

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Yeah, what gives? My sister lives just north of Albany NY and has been warmer than me for a week now... I repeat What Gives?

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

God Gives... and Taketh Away!

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

43.9°, 56% -etc

Teeth chattering this morning in outtown Reidsville, NC, Hope it's sunny today.
Dyson, not too far south of you this morning, so whatever his weather is, is mine too.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

sugar, what are you doing in my "neck of the woods", stop by for a cup of coffee.

My best friend lives here and we're doing early Christmas. Also do my monthly Union Rec. Sect. in Greensboro. See latest Seed snatchin/ Show me.
Edited to add: So how cold are we?

This message was edited Dec 5, 2004 8:01 AM

Here it's 30º, 91% humidity, barometric pressure 30.24 and steady, cloudy and winds calm. Tomorrow will be a mess, though.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

I lived in G'boro for about three years, it's only two hours up the road. if you get a little farther up - stop in, I'll put the coffee on.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

forgot to say - 37.6°, 72%

You're in a hot spot Dyson, it'sss 29iinnne here.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

46.0°, 74%, cloudy

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

The rain is back

Merced, CA(Zone 9a)

Yipppe!! The freezing nights are over! Poor bunny. The plants really are stressed out, too. Waiting on the rain which keeps getting pushed off, guess we have a lurking front out there that is just hovering. I might actually be able to get outside today!

Socked in here... fog and light rain, 50º.

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

It's a nice 56° right now and 37° dpt. Great day to work outside in just shirt sleeves. Got most of the leaves into the compost pile, as it's supposed to rain tomorrow. (They keep saying that it's tomorrow.) The killer frost of the last few days finally did in the peppers and green beans. Harvested a nice batch of green beans last Friday and the last of summer's Italian Curly Peppers bounty today. I think it's Ital Sausage and pepper sandwiches for dinner tonight!

Thumbnail by jcangemi

Yuccky day here with light rain has changed to light snow. Yuck!

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

darius. . .sorry. . . ;-( I guess it's just that time of year. I think we get your weather tomorrow, minus the snow, thank you.

Nah, you won't get "my" weather as it never goes east to west, and if it ever does, we are ALL in trouble!

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

We'll just get a yucky day with drizzle, but then, we'll take all the rain we can get, especially now, and not late in the spring when everyone's trying to cultivate and plant. ;-D

Castro Valley, CA(Zone 9a)

37F this morning, 51F this afternoon, feels like 20F, brrrrr, trying to rain, cloudy all day

Just a lousy day in Charlotte. Hoping to get back to Fla tomorrow

Castro Valley, CA(Zone 9a)

Sugar, Ya juss get youself home, I'm freezen here!!

Sidney, just be careful driving home. Looks like a very wet trip.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

jcangemi - Those peppers - you have an excellent crop there (now I'm hungry).

48.4°, 95%, been raining all day & the drive home from work this eve found heavy fog in the gullies. Hopefully will clear some tomarrow.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

jcangemi, waaah, listen to us whiiiine. Waaannt some sausage and pepper sandwich. Makes my corned beef dinner look pretty drab. ;~) We're just having normal gray sky winter day - not so cold last two nights and above freezing two days in a row with a hoped for clear the air snow storm on the way late tomorrow.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

I really hate the thought of the winter too come - even if it is mild ... need to move south again (back to fla) but the work is so poor there because of the labor market. Don't really know what to do. Guess I'll sit & ponder awhile.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

forgot to say 48.7 & 96%, very wet.

Modi'in, Israel

at 8:37am here it's 63 degrees outside in the strip of gardent hat hasn't gotten any morning sun yet. Clear blue skies and the birds are singing away :-). I expect it to get up to low 70s today. Had to water the plants yesterday since it hadn't rained in over a week. As much as I love the blue skies, out water reserves need the rain, so I'm here being sensible (grrrrrrrrrrrrrr) and actually hoping for bad weather.

-Julie

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Julie, I lived on an island in the south pacific for about a year, it would have been paradise, except for the shortage of H2O, you have my best wishes to keep you in water - Dyson

BTW - 48.9°, 96% - it is wet here

Modi'in, Israel

Dyson, thanks. It worked. My wishes and yours together sparked rain clouds and we just had a nice shower.....and then blue skies and now grey again. My kids aren't too happy about the wet situation, but one day they'll learn to appreciate rain in the winter. It took me a few years here to appreciate it...as rain to me, growing up in Oklahoma, was (and is) something that's supposed to come down in warm weather....when you can go for a walk in the rain and not get hypothermia doing it! Here, rain water is Ccccccccc-o-l-d!!!!!! 62F here now with the rainy weather.

We did get up to 71F before the rain hit though, so my prediction was right. :-)

-Julie

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

30* here this morning, more snow in the forecast for the next 2 days. Not as chilly feeling as yesterday with snow and wind all day and into the night.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.