Local Weather, December Pt. 3

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

Here ya go, darius. . . ;-D Janet

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

todays low of 12* ended with a high of 29.7* bright clear sunny skies have given way to clear starry cold again. Staying in tonite. LOL

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Gosh, what a yucccky day here. Forecast wasn't too bad but by the time I left my doctor's office across the state line around 5 pm, it was spitting snowy bits. Cleared up to rain by the time I crossd back into NC... go figure... we are higher!

Lovely night for a hearty stew!

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

47.7°, 95%, rain again, this type of weather reminds me of southeast Alaska.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

32* Dew point 27*, overcast.

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

67*, driving to NC this evening. Chilly there.

Are you going to be in WNC? Love to see you!

El Cajon, CA(Zone 10a)

Did you know that you can wear hot water bottles, well, I can...
With this freezing weather had to find something and socks were not doing it..cannot leave my heating blankett on so have been taking a couple of hot water bottles with me and found that if I open up the slits on the covers [Scottish lambs wool]..I can slip my tootsies in and they stay there toasty all night...its heavenly...

Modi'in, Israel

Gorgeous sunny skies here. 65-70F here today with a light breeze.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

So?

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Now it's my turn (grin). After being hunkered down inside with air conditioning all summer, watching my poor plants gasp and die in the heat, two hurricanes blowing what was left of them all the way to Texas, I look forward to starting my "spring" flower planting and maybe a tomato plant or two!!!!!

This morning I am sitting with the window open beside my computer, looking at my Hibiscus blooms and a HUGE Buganvilla (sp?) just afire with blossoms. It's a stand alone plant cut in the fountain style. Of course the fountain fell over in the 'canes, but it 's already trying to form a ball. The temp is 70 and the humidity is 75% and the AC is OFF!!!!
Pati

SUGAR, where ya' going in NC???
Pati

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

53.2°, 61%, sunny & windy. Will get someting done before work. - Morning all

Salvia - sounds like an excellent day indeed, enjoy!

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Dyson, what part of southeast Alaska were you in? I lived in Ketchikan 4 winters and was glad to leave. I'm not into rain, especially in those amounts! And usually it was comming at us sideways too. When we went to Seattle to visit I remember thinking how nice and unusual it was to have rain comming straight down. Yesterday in eastern Oregon it snowed all day, we expect more today.

Well, here go the Alaskianisk, LOL, w/ Dyson,Iw2D, & Mary. Go for it, I have cousins to throw into that mix.

Pati, I'm going to Charlotte, Reidsville, Graham, and Greensboro. Stopping anywhere along the way. Just me & Henry (my 5yr.
Pom., He's my heart.)
Sidney

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Mary - I also lived in Ketchikan (3 years), I think it was 1986 to 1989 but may have been 1985 - 1988. Flew all over the area, working on communications & marine electronics.

Very small town during the winter, but a bustleing seaport during the summer. Fishing, logging and tourisum. Was nice country,

I have a sister currently residing in Cordova, Alaska. I don't get up there anymore but she visits here sometimes.

52.9°, 55%, still sunny & windy

Sugar, you and Henry are headed East from my hometown, Asheville, and Darius home in the Waaayback! Have a good and SAFE trip !!!
Pati

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Moab - low this morning: 10.4 *, they promise 30* for a high. We almost got there yesterday. These kind of temps at the beginning of winter are _more than highly unusual. No one was ready for this.

Several of us were still puddling around plant wise just ten days ago. I gave some Iris and accompanying sedum to my friend with the new household and she planted them Monday 'fore Thanksgiving.

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

Sunny here and about 39*.

Merced, CA(Zone 9a)

Thirty degree HIGH????? And I was going to tell you how cold it was here. (How cold WAS it, Anne?) It was so cold that when my son called us to take care of his daughter while his next daughter was being delivered at 6 am, those five blocks were pure h**ll because the tule fog instantly froze on the windshield. How do you people do 10 degrees????

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

No fog to make frost until you get in the car and exhale.
Anne, second daughter being delivered at 6am? are you new Grammy too.? new again I mean.?
this eve's news promises we will warm up and SNOW this wkend.
It IS being cold in Cal for Calif. isn't it? How cold was it, Anne?

This message was edited Dec 1, 2004 10:46 PM

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

It is cold here but it didn't freeze!! How did San Diego get that cold? Been bad girls this year, frogs & Marion???

Actually we have had great offshore winds which help us a lot here. The surf has been awesome I am told but alas I am too busy to get out there this week. :-(

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Frogs had damaged plants. amazing weather we're havin'

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

Only supposed to be 32° tonight after a couple of 28° nights in a row. Been really pleasant during the day . .50's. So far, everything has survived that I'm trying to keep. . .37° right now and 30° dewpt. Supposed to get some rain here Sunday. . . but not much expected out of storm. ;-D

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

34.5°, 61%, wind finaly died down some, g'nite all.

Well, still in Jax., digging for long johns before I really do head North today.
Mid 40s, sunny.

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

We got 5 inches of snow over the past couple of days, this morning the temp is 16 but is supposed to get to 40 and partly sunny and tomorrow. A regular heat wave!

Merced, CA(Zone 9a)

Blooms, I am indeed a grany again. This fog actually froze, that amazed me! We had to stop and scrape the windshield after a few blocks. This is what, Jan, the third, fourth? night below 32 here? Expecting it to last until the weekend, then now they say three days of rain. Joy. At least it will warm up!

Watching the rhododendrons outside my computer window is amazing. Early this morning the temp. was 31º and all the leaves were hanging straight down, like arms hanging close to your sides. Now (10:30am) the temp. is up to 45º and all the leaves are spread out as usual. It's like a visual thermometer!

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

46.4°, 61%, sunny

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

Yup, ladyannne, 3 nights in a row of extended hours of freezing. . .definitely not good for the citrus industry here (or any other plants for that matter, except deciduous). It's 30° right now and that's up from where it was. . .I'm off to install wood shutters on my daughter's home. . . . . bye. .;-D

Merced, CA(Zone 9a)

Darius, that is neat, I shall watch mine now! Dyson, I always thought VA was much colder, this has been an eyeopener for me. Janet, our citrus row is covered with the Christmas lights and that is making the diff between dead fruit and a half crop, thank goodness. It looks like a fairy land out there. I lost sooo many plants these last few nights.

Castro Valley, CA(Zone 9a)

37F at 7:30AM, had to heat up the car so I could see out of the windshield, pretty white rooftops on the way to take my son to school, white lawns, actually same when I lived South in the Canyon, brought lots of plants indoor for the night.

Modi'in, Israel

Today was in the low 80s, clear blue skies, light breeze. ;-)

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Hi 55, lo 32, mostly sunny.

Knoxville, TN(Zone 7a)

We had our first hard frost last night with temps going down into the mid 20's. The ground appeared to be hard, and the dogs walked gingerly on crunchy grass. It was also the first time that the birdbath and water garden froze. So, I suppose that winter is really here now!

In Kentucky last week, I saw Beard Iris, Rhododendron, and hydrangeas in full bloom. I fear we are in for some strange weather this winter.

Well, made it to Charlotte, It was simply beautiful the whole way. The last of Falls colors just saunter across the South at a leisurely pace. I could have stopped to take pictures 20 times, but just caught a few. Here is my ace traveling buddy Henry.
He is very camera shy!

Thumbnail by sugarweed

This is sunset in South Carolina.

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Sidney, he looks like the best of companions, the still silent type unless you ask for attention. Love your phrasing on the colors sauntering.

Nat, we also had cherry trees blooming in that area at the wrong time of year. What next? Spring blooms in the fall. What happens come spring?

We got up to 31* in the shade today and our low was 14* last nite. And it's supposed to warm up and snow this weekend. Guess this is here to stay, unusual or not. ~Blooms

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

39¼°, 57%, clear, calm, maybe good for working outside in the morning.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.