The sickness continues...

Mooresville, NC(Zone 7a)

I'm fighting the urge to buy more from Buggycrazy. I just got the last 15 in the ground and I have a few bald spots nearby that are calling out for lilies!!

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

You better cover up those bald spots!! lol!

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

yes no bald spots allowed ?she having more for sale spring delivery .i am out of game ,husband just retired but i did enough this year and with green house i Will be able to trade for them next year .

Portland, OR(Zone 8b)

Had to post this. First calla bloom from my mid-october buggycrazy clump.

Thumbnail by emilyrasmus
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

How nice! :)

That looks great Emily!

why to go winter bloom for Sants .

Tazzy, I finally got your package in the mail....should be there in a few days.

Anyone know how to grow Calla Lilies from seed? I found this on one of my plants today. I can't remember what color this one is....I don't think it bloomed this year.

Thumbnail by mgh

goodies must have Santa coal ,cause i am bad ,
hanging head in shame (NOT)

Yes, it is VERY heavy....lots and lots of coal!! LOL!

my just deserts ?

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Here is so info about your calla seeds ~ http://tutorus.com/GardeningCallaSeeds.htm

Thanks Moby! That helped a lot.....think I'll give it a try.

Mgh A good elf thought I had been good and took mercy on me. She took out the coal and put in great big GIANT CALLA LILLIE'S. Good little elf even sent me chocolates and Teddy Bear my 3 favorite things ,also smart elf to keep coal have you checked fuel prices lately ? LOL
Thank you so much for the joy you gave me.
God bless and happy holidays
patty=tazzy

Tazzy, so glad you got your package....yeah, the little elf decided she needed the coal. DH just bought a gas-hog truck, so we are selling the coal to buy gas! By the way, you said you were sharing your fortune.....I'm gonna be needing that half of 0 pretty soon here....or did Wanda already get it?! LOL!

She is Treasurer of CLC, think we need a audit >>ROFL

I agree! You just never know with Wanda! LOL!

YUP ,never know ??

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

WHERE is Wanda these days???? Haven't seen hide nor hair from her in a week or so. Sure has gotten quiet in the week leading up to Christmas, hasn't it?

Yes, VERY quiet! Wanda must have a life outside of DG....how dare her!! LOL!

no her DD is on her mothers puter and she has to wait her turn which is with kids when ever they leave house ?

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Hey--stole away from my duties for a moment to breathe the fresh air of Dave's Garden. Our college daughter , high school daughter & DH are fightingover the computer all the time. I got Netzero for my DD laptop, but she prefers this fast DSL. Naturally. Younger daughter says she's doing homework, but is busy with 3-5 IMs at a time. More flirting than homework getting done.

My DH likes to unwind on the puter after 12 hours as Cardiac Intensive care Nurse--or anytime he's not out hunting. Need to get that man out of the house before I go CRAZY!!!!!

Lots to do at work right now. Rushing to get final orders framed & shipped for Hannakuh & Christmas. I do all the bookkeepping & taxes, so I'm getting all the corporation affairs in order so I won't have to spend 1/2 January doing tax figures.

I usually rest between Christmas & New Years, but DH has decided we need to re-paint living room before we re-carpet. Translated--WANDA WILL PAINT since my DH sling paint up to 10 feet from the designated area. I think he is just bored--no one to hunt with.

Then there's presents to wrap, house to clean, goodies to bake, packages to ship to DG friends. Lots to get done right now.

what are you going to do in spare time Wanda ?
going in closet putting pillow over face and screaming helps me !
I don't know why?

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Oh my gosh, Wanda. Do you have any down time? Planning on sleeping any? With all that you have planned, wonder when?

Well, I am curtailed for working and lifting and believe me, you don't want this life!
I am BORED out of my ever living skull. Now I go around like our granddaughter used to to bug us, saying I am BORED, BORRRRREEDDDDDDD. Now shes too busy as she graduated this spring.

Hope all of you have all of your Xmas shopping, decorating and baking done. I had a real treat here. My DH baked cookies [first time in his life] last week. I had purchased a tub of sugar cookie dough from the local grocery store. Pretty good too. Our boys said, its about time, Dad. They were taught to cook, bake and clean. When baking they got to eat as many cookies as they wished.

MERRY CHRISTMAS and a JOYOUS NEW YEAR. I have so enjoyed meeting you all over the air waves.

Maxine

Tazzy--I DID stand and scream the other night!

I had just spent 5 hours decorating the 9 1/2 foot Christmas Tree with 600+ lights and lovingly unwrapping my delicate ornaments I've collected from my travels over the past 35 years. I had stood on a ladder & stretched way out to get all the tinsel on.

My first daughter said "Where are the candycanes?" My second daughter walked in and said sarcastically "Couldn't Dad find a bigger tree?" And my husband asked "When's supper?" EEEEEKKKKK!!!!!!

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Ooooooo.....thems fightin' words........"When's supper?"

You go Wanda!!! Hope you gave it to 'em good and screamed a good 5 minutes or so! LOL Nothing like holiday stress, eh?

now you know why certain animals eat there young and the devoice rate rises at Christmas time . If you want there attion don't do any thing next year tell oldest daughter your passing torch and she can have her daddy help her / Then set now and take 2 zanaix and smirk till they finally believe you and do it or if they don't its there loss .Worked for me .

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Hey, Tazzy ......I saw you all decorated up in lights! Is that what your family does instead of the tree after you gave 'em "what for"?

yup ! and they pay attention to me too ! Afraid ill get out in public and embarrass them ? MOI?

Hey--Going up and publically embarrassing my kids is the only fun I get lately! Hint: Christmas clothes shopping--go into a store with a teen & pick out the ugliest , skankist thing you can find & declare it "cute". Keeps my kids away for sure! LOL

Go wanda Go !

DH is working, younger daughter & older are at their part time jobs & I GET THE COMPUTER! Anyway, for awhile.

Candy canes are on the tree but I refuse to roll, cut & frost sugar cookies today. I made chocolate cookies & some peanut butter balls last night after sneaking into the office for a few hours. Got all the presents wrapped--think I'll be LAZY today.

You need a break but some scent oil in bath light candles plays some relaxing music and tell the world to go fly a kite .
You need a rest every super woman needs a break

You mean get in the bathtub & relax? Haven't been able to do that in 20 years. Maybe when the girls get out & STAY out!

Or maybe next week when I'm not painting... I've got a week plus off & I'm going to spend it sprucing up the house & taking naps. Too cold to play outside anyway.

Portland, OR(Zone 8b)

UH OH! Peeking in on my bulbs I have in 1 gallon pots in my basement, I was alarmed to find 2 of them are up! We're talking 3 inches up! Holy cow. If I put them outside, will it be too much of a shock to them as my basement is in the low 60's and it's in the 30's outside. I completely forgot to put them outside after I potted them. What's funny is that "tropical dream" has two stalks up, but I only planted one bulb. Any ideas?

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

my guess would be it was a double nose bulb. Enjoy!!!! more for the money!

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

First snowfall here in northern TX!

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Lucky you! We're having a brown Christmas. :(

Mooresville, NC(Zone 7a)

FYI - Buggycrazy is offering her lily bulbs at a pretty steep discount right now on Lily Auction and Blooming Auction. 10 Orientals for $12 and 12 Asiatics and LAs for $10. These are the same bulbs we've been paying $2-3 each for and thinking it was a great deal. If you do buy them, you can specify which color ranges you would like so, even though it's a mixed bag offer, you can pretty much dictate what you want. Guess how I know this???

Portland, OR(Zone 8b)

Had I not just purchased another $50 worth of asiatic and oriental lilies the other day, I would get more. Starting to wonder where these guys are all going to live. I just received another shipment of bulbs from her last week. So huge... I can't wait until Summer. Only 6 more months!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.