more humblebumble jumble

Heber Springs, AR(Zone 7b)

langbr- How about some of those firewitch dianthus seed?? Marie

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

You got it Marie. Can I also get some of the red-centered Rudbeckia in addition to the red/yellow Helenium?

Send me your addy and I'll get the seeds and some extras out right away. Brenda

Mercer, PA(Zone 5a)

My! I've just thoroughly enjoyed lookin at all these wonderful photos of y'alls gardens. Thanks so much humblebumble for startin a great thread.

TC...

your welcome TC!

Brenda sending my address now and I should have both of the helenium for you! Marie

More of the jumble---

Thumbnail by thehumblebumble

and more...

one more....

one more...

another..

and the last one..

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh, Marie! You do have a jungle! So glad you could post the panoramic shots! You are so lucky to have that much room. Love your yard art and love the paths! What is that tall purple bloom in the last picture?

Terrie

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

Marie, first question...WHAT is the plant center front in that last photo? I think I have (HAD) some of it growing on a pile of top soil very recently.

Second question...CAN I HAVE SOME MONARDA????? (At least I hope that's what I saw. (You posted it at 2:28 and what I'm talking about is the wine colored flowers on the right side.)

Now...third question...would you like some "Jimson Weed" for your garden? (Datura something or other...NASTY looking seed pods...fabulous white trumpets in evening...I think they call it "Devils Trumpet". LMK)

~julie~

Edited to say:
Oooops...forgot to tell you "GREAT SHOTS! of a wonderful place!"

This message was edited Aug 9, 2004 5:06 PM

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

well i have been so missing out not on here since they who destroyed house dumped seeds every where.. these are beautiful pic. would you all like to see naked lady's in garden go to daylilies and just lilies forums wild women... neat.. been looking at them all..oh marie so beautiful.. i have nothing to trade about stamps?? if so send me e mail add. oh Dad never e mailed me boo hoo did i scare him off.????i was kidding..

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Marie, you have one of the most beautiful gardens I have ever seen!! I could spend all day wandering around in it and never begin to see everything I'd want to. I would love to trade you another daylily or so for some seeds. I love the helenium. zinnias, cosmos, you name it. Just things that would be easy to get started and reseed freely. Do you have the daylilies Leebea Orange Crush or Avant Guarde? I could send you a fan of each for some assorted seeds. email me.

Susan

This message was edited Aug 13, 2004 4:27 AM

Thumbnail by lincolnitess

Susan you have a deal! I would love those two daylilys. I can save you seeds to most all the plants in my garden.

Terrie-- the tall purple plant is-- is butterfly bush and I have some that are rooted I could send you do you have any named daylilys?

julie--the plant in the front looks like and "illegal" one but it isn't! Ha Ha - It is perennial red texas star hibiscus I have attached a picture of it also. You may have the monarda!!! I have about 4 or 5 different colors in that jungle! hahah I would love some of the white datura I only have the triple purple and double yellow.

hope--- I sent him another email this morning to check his email for one from you. Sorry!

more jumble-

and another shot

and another-

and the last one--- my favorite reseeding native plant- Bidens

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh gosh, Marie! Thank you so much for your offer but I don't have a place for something that big! I just thought it was beautiful. I have just started some daylilies this year and don't have any extras or I would sure trade you for something else in your garden. Thanks again for your kind offer!
Terrie

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Marie, once again, your flowers are truly gorgeous. I have a question for you. With all the flowers so close together like that, do you ever get any of those large garden spiders in amongst your flowers. I used to call them banana spiders. I can't spell their technical name. Its argiope or something like that. Anyway, I have had one of them critters in my daylilies this year and it scares me to death. I can't take spiders of any kind.

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

mercy marie how many acres do you have for all your plants.. oh do i envy you so many flowers huge yard yards..nice nice,, no word Dad

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Charlotte, you're a hoot! I just re-read this and you are the funniest person I've seen in a long while! Why didn't you tip the rest of us off?

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

If you mean ME, what do you mean pins.
Yes, I am a hoot but it was badseed and melissa who noticed the problem. But it sure did make sense once they laid things out and no answers came back.

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Sorry! I meant langbr, who is Brenda. I am sorry about using your name. I didn't remember who wrote what. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea culpa.

Carmen

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

No biggy, Langbr and I started the possee. We are still in the planning stages but I am fattening up my goat for the trip !

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

pins - I guess I didn't "tip anyone off" because you hate to accuse someone falsely. However, at this point I had already heard that something might be amiss and was simply trying to get her to prove otherwise to me without being obvious about it. As you can see now, she never was able to "show" me anything that convinced me it was her gardens she was posting pics of. Finally, I figured I'd try a seed trade (not as much to lose in my book) and then I'd at least know next year whether she was honest.

P.S. Charlotte I think I'm ready to try a road trip without the training wheels now; I've been practicing all weekend! LOL!

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I was re-reading some of the responses of Marie to a lot of questions about the flowers in the pics she posted and whoever she is, she seems pretty knowledgeable about flowers. She even uses their botanical name and not common name of the flowers. We are dealing with someone that obviously did her homework.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I'm not really sure whose garden is in these photos, but I'm sure glad we all got to visit it. It's a beautiful garden even if it doesn't seem to have any daylilies. Wonder if anyone around Heber Springs recognizes it?

Susan

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

I would think someone would recognize the professional sign in the pix with the flag and red and white "girl" bending over. If nothing else did, that is what screamed "public garden" to me.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Susan - I believe H. Springs is a big B&B spot and I wondered if it was a garden at a local B&B.

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

thats it a b&b or in eureka springs maybe?? i still do not know where it is how far from ole tulsa,ok. oh well.. shes a real sharpie so she thinks..suprise surprise knock on door..

Washington, PA(Zone 6b)

Wow, I could get lost in your gardens people, for a few days! Absolutely breathtaking, thanks for sharing...

Oklahoma City, OK

Forgive me being dense - but if I understand the recent posts here - this person actually posted pictures of someone else's garden and said that they were hers?

Ugh, why on earth would anybody do something like that. I have always found gardeners to be such kind, gentle and loving people.

It almost makes me nervous to tell anyone about the garden that I have. Most people would think that I was making up the fact that I have a collection of over 1200 trees, shrubs, bulbs, grasses, and perennials. (I live on an acre.)

I have never traded with anyone on DG yet but I was getting ready to send some of my bulbs to a few people that I have gotten emails from this fall. Should I be suspicious??

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Patternmaker, I agree with you that most gardeners are honest, generous people who exchange plants freely and love to share one anothers gardens. Marie was an exception and I hope the experience we had with her does not make anyone hesitate to exchange with others on Dave's Garden. I'm fairly new here too, but others have been very kind to exchange with me and I have sent out many boxes of daylilies and Iris for postage only also. No problems at all with any of these transactions. Dave has set up a feed back forum that makes it possible to let track of any problem traders which I think should help, but I would not hesitate to trade with someone just because they don't have any feedback. It may just be another newer person that is just starting to trade. I hope we can all let the issue of humblebumble drop and get on with enjoying our own plants. This photos may very well be Marie's garden, she just did so many things under so many names that everone questions everything about her now. Please do share photo of your plants and gardens with us. Many of us are obsessive gardeners with many plants and love to hear from anyone with the gardening bug.

susan

This message was edited Aug 25, 2004 8:48 AM

This message was edited Aug 25, 2004 8:49 AM

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

patternmaker, there is now a system in place here on DG to rate traders, which should weed out the few bad ones. Go to anyone's homepage and look for the links about feedback.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Patternmaker, welcome to DG! Please do not be afraid to post your gardens. For most of us here, gardening is a labor of love, more than a hobby and a true passion. It just so happened that one person sneaked in and was scamming for plants. She was not quickly accused and much research was done to secure facts. She had many id's and many addresses. She is gone now.

We would be delighted for you to share your pics. It sounds like you have some really awesome plants!

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Patternmaker,
I'm still pretty new, too. I have read all the threads about Marie (or whatever her name is) and I understand how you feel a little hesitant and guarded. I am just starting to post pictures (only because I just learned how to use the scanner) and there is a little voice in the back of my mind wondering if anyone might think these aren't really my pictures. But then, I just remind myself how much I have loved Dave's Garden since I joined, how much I've learned, how nice and generous everyone is, and remember that most people KNOW that one rotten apple is only ONE rotten apple. We will all get past this and it will soon be forgotten. Please post your pictures! We love to ooh and ahh!
Terrie

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Mayhap the poor girl only wished she had such a garden, and with a few seeds or fans from members hoped to create one for herself. It's not as if she could make a fortune off us. I feel more sorrow and sympathy than angry or hurt.

Meanwhile back to posting pictures, [I always tell when I've pictures of my daughters' gardens instead of my own] This is my new-this-year Agastache next the Powis Castle - also easy care.

Thumbnail by BloomsWithaView
So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Love it, Blooms. I had some vebena bonariensis growing up through my powis castle and loved that combo too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.