more humblebumble jumble

Heber Springs, AR(Zone 7b)

Wanted to show you another roll of film I got developed of my gardens----gonna get them all developed before Christmas yet!

This message was edited Aug 5, 2004 9:10 AM

Thumbnail by thehumblebumble

another

Plants in this pictures
Purple Verbena Bon.
Red Pentas
white Liatris
Jobs tears (Coix)
coreopsis tinctoria
Jacob cline monarda in the very back (red)

This message was edited Aug 5, 2004 9:14 AM

plants in this photo

White milk thistle- left front
zinnias
monarda lombada--purple
jacob cline Monarda red

This message was edited Aug 5, 2004 9:16 AM

ooops

This message was edited Jul 28, 2004 8:33 PM

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Wow, Humble! You have a beautiful garden. I tend to garden the same way and everytime I go to the garden centers or order from a catalog my DH says "where on earth are you going to put that?" Thanks for sharing pictures of your lovely garden.

Maben, MS(Zone 7b)

I love your garden, do you save seeds to trade? I saw several I would like to add to my garden.

Yardbird yes I try to save seeds of all my plants then I let some just fall to the ground. I will gladly save you some. I love the "wild or unorganized look" Marie

Lamar, AR(Zone 7a)

Beautiful pictures, beautiful plants!

Maben, MS(Zone 7b)

Marie thanks you and I love your garden. Just yell when you gather seeds, you have lots that I would love to have.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Hi again, I still love your Jumble.
Is that a Salvia Victoria in picture #7 with the Dahlias(? I'm guessing) And is the white a liatris or a lysimachia? And can I come live in your garden with the fairies I'm sure are in there? ;>))

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

What colors! Beautiful garden!

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

It's misnamed. It's not humblebumble jumble; it's humblebumble jungle. And a beautiful jungle it is.

Thanks woodspirit1 I just love the natural look. I am not one to garden where each plant has its own place. Will post some more of the jungle. Marie

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Very lovely garden, wonderful colors.

Thanks hemlady---coming from someone who is miraculous with colors I take that as a very nice compliment. I appreciate it greatly! Marie

Milo, IA(Zone 5a)

It is nice to see someone that gardens like I do. I call mine the Cottage Garden look. My DH calls it a jungle.

Debby isn't it just beautiful how it looks like Mother Nature planted it in that spot! I don't know what I would do if I had to have one certain spot for something. I just love the "jungle" look. Would love to see some of your pictures of your garden. Feel free to post them here. Marie

Milo, IA(Zone 5a)

This area is Mother Natures doing as everything is self seeded.
She does a much better job of putting colors together than I do.
Plants are: Larkspur, Rose Campion, Catchfly and a yarrow in back.

Thumbnail by Debby
Milo, IA(Zone 5a)

I called this one, My Disco Belle Garden. In the background is Fantasia Hibiscus. Also Verbena B., Veronica, Heliopsis and Black eyed Susans. It does look like a jungle.LOL..

Thumbnail by Debby
Milo, IA(Zone 5a)

Amaranth--Indigo Red Dye with Kiss Me Over the Garden Gate. These two reseed themselves wherever they want.

Thumbnail by Debby
Milo, IA(Zone 5a)

Pink Beebalm with Veronica and Poppy pods

Thumbnail by Debby
Milo, IA(Zone 5a)

Thank you for allowing me to post pics on your thread. As you can see we do garden alike.
This is the last.
Our small ornamental pond, which now the sweet potatoe vines on rambling along the ground.
I garden mostly in raised beds in this area, this was my vegetable garden and I turned it into all Flowers.

Thumbnail by Debby

Debby- No thank you for posting those beauties. I can sit here and just get lost in your gardens. I wish you could pat mother nature on the back for her self seeded garden, she did a great job. The pink bee balm and veronica together are awesome! I love the amaranth family because it self seeds with such vigor and if you don't want that many in your garden you can easily tell where it is when it germinates because of the color of the foliage. And your pond is just breathtaking. I don't know the appropriate word to describe it. I love everything about it. The garden knome is perfect. you did a wonderful job on it. We are sitting on a mountain of rock and very little soil so if we have water features in the garden they have to be above ground also and I just love how you did yours. What is the pink daylily in the last photo she is a beauty also. Marie

Milo, IA(Zone 5a)

Humblebumble: Thanks, the pink daylily is a lavender called 100th Anniversary.
I forgot that Arkansas was so rocky. Raised beds would do well for you. Most of ours are 8'x4' made out of 2"x10" treated lumber.
One of the reasons we have above ground ponds are so the critters [raccoons and possums] leave them alone.
I am looking forward to see more of your gardens.

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Both of your gardens are just beautiful! Thank you for sharing your pictures. Debby, I love the pink BeeBalm.

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

Marie and Debbie...these are fantastic pics! And I got some really good ideas from both of you. Debbie, I'm wondering if I put ALL my gardens in raised-bed form if the BLASTED RABBITS would *stay* out! This summer it's been me with the B-B gun (can't kill them...but don't mind giving them a good STING in the backside!) like Elmer Fudd and Bugs...that "waskilly wabbit!"

Marie...don't forget to save me seeds from *anything* that might grow in Wisconsin. ;-)

~julie~

Julie---shhhhhhhhhh be vedy vedy quite we hunting rabbits......shhhhhhh! hahahahah! I will say you all kinds of seeds. Don't let me forget! Please!

Debby I have got to get a fan of 100th anniversary! That is georgous! Marie

Milo, IA(Zone 5a)

Thanks, all.
Julie: The raised beds do deter them. I have seen the bigger rabbits jump into them. Our raised beds are 10" high, 12" high would be better. My rabbits must be the lazy kind, they tend to go for ground level plants by the gazebo and live underneath it.
Humble: Here is a pic. of 100th Anniversay, much better to the true color. I just love her and she is a bloomer. We will have to trade this fall. I need to get more seeds collected, in between the rains. It has been so wet this summer, by now our grass is usually burnt up. It is still so green this year, like it was spring.

Thumbnail by Debby
Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

Marie {~giggle~} That's the way I feel every time I see a "bunny" headed toward my sweet potato vines that are finally big enough to drape over the sides of the BIG pots I planted them in. (And to think I *used* to like wabbits! LOL)

Debby, that's a beautiful daylily! I'm going to have to be more careful when I pick the next batch out. Mine are mostly yellow...I *need* more color! Oh...and as for "lazy" rabbits, mine are getting more bold by the day. Now, they're actually *stretching* to look into the containers to "what's for lunch."
:-D

~julie~

Oh Debby I do love that 100th Anniversary put my name on one of those fans for the fall. hahah! I would love one.

Julie It is a crying shame that rabbits eat your pretty plants but when they can stretch to look over into a pot to see which looks the best to eat then its time do something different! hahahah That was so funny!

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

Marie, that's one picture I wish I *could* have caught. No one would believe it otherwise.

Ooo oo oo I almost forgot! I literally *caught* a hummingbird sampling my cannas yesterday. Didn't think I'd get it to show with a high zoom and all. But *I* GOT IT!!
:-D (I'm proud of *me*. :-D )

~julie~

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Debby, your gardens look great! Love the mix of plants!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.