Let's see your Perennial pics....any kind

Upton, MA(Zone 5b)

BEAUTIFUL photos, Eglantyne! You have an artist's eye!

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

THANK YOU for the compliment.......I hear that all of the time with my handwork,interior decorating , One-a-kind Santas etc.
where is Upton ,Mass ? our daughter with family lives in Milton and she doesn't know her Hardiness Zone ,
Brigitte

Upton, MA(Zone 5b)

Upton is West and a little South of Milton -- she's probably zone 6 -- lucky! A generous zone!

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

burgandy music mix columbine

Thumbnail by Shelly221
Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

yellow 'music mix' columbine

Thumbnail by Shelly221
Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

bellflower

Thumbnail by Shelly221
Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

balloon flower

Thumbnail by Shelly221
Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

dianthus

Thumbnail by Shelly221
Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

lupine (I think)

Thumbnail by Shelly221
Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

I knew your yard would be beautiful, and it surely is. so many lovely blooms. Thanks for the great pics.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Shelly are your pics nite time flash shots - love the way you isolated each subject.

Hillsdale, NY(Zone 5b)

Eglantyne - Beautiful! Love the name Dame's Rocket - so evocative of much earlier times. Do you know the formal name? I have it everywhere and have been calling it Phlox Something-or-other. - Julie

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

JulieKane - Hesperis matronalis I believe or something to that affect.....

http://plantsdatabase.com/go/81/index.html

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Crazy Daisy - first blooms from seeds started this winter.

Thumbnail by langbr
Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

blooms, all I did was point and shoot. I did hold my finger over the flash if the flower wasnt true to color because of the flash.

I sure am enjoying everyones beautiful flowers. Thanks for starting this thread langbr.

Hillsdale, NY(Zone 5b)

langbr - Yes, I found that, too. I was glad to read on another site that it is often confused with Phlox Paniculata! LOL - Julie

Brookeville, MD(Zone 7a)

Nectar of the Gods... to the butterflies

Thumbnail by CaptMicha
Woodstock, GA(Zone 7b)

monarda and something I have not identified as of yet, i think it may spread by seed. this is from last year i moved this whole garden to the backyard and nothing has bloomed yet.

Thumbnail by SuzannesFlowers
Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Bev, I love the way you lay out your beds--such a nice combination of textures and plants.
It's fascinating to see the range of plants available to us.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

SsFlwers - is that gooseneck loosestrife with the monarda? It has a fanciful look.

Woodstock, GA(Zone 7b)

I think you are right Blooms, PDB describes it exactly. It really can take over the garden. tried pulling it up for my herb garden and it is coming up through the herbs and even my deck!
This is about the only "bloom" that my fennel gets, I thought i would post this for now because i cannot seem to be able to get the new flower pics off the camera. Also, I know there is a way to put more than one pic on a posting but i cannot figure it out. Anyone know how?

Woodstock, GA(Zone 7b)

This is hollyhock that I planted last year, it has become monsterous!

Woodstock, GA(Zone 7b)

This is actually a weed!! I shot this to make into a black and white, came out terrific. I loved the texture.

Woodstock, GA(Zone 7b)

OK.. sorry to get off topic.

Planted in April, Arts Pride Meadowbrite. It is really blooming now, and we are having a pretty bad dry spell. This has been my favorite this year. I planted it with hosta and sedum, even better than my usual coneflowers for xeriscaping.

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

My McKana Giant (columbine)

Thumbnail by Karrie20x
Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

My Meadow Sage

Thumbnail by Karrie20x
Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

My favorite Dianthus, which I'm not sure the name of it (if someone knows, please do tell). It's not that big this year, as I'd moved it.

Thumbnail by Karrie20x
Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

My Sweet Williams

Thumbnail by Karrie20x
Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

my confused Sweet Williams

Thumbnail by Karrie20x
Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Karrie - can you post a closer pic of the flowers on the dianthus?

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

This is about as close as I can get without it blurring out on me (this digital is old)

Thumbnail by Karrie20x
Granite City, IL

This is an Asiatic Lily Agrippa. I love the deep pink color.

Puddles

Thumbnail by puddleofmudd
Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Well I thought they looked alot like my 'Ideal Deep Violet' but see they are lighter in the center where mine are lighter on the edges. I'll keep my eyes open for something similar to yours.

This message was edited Jun 12, 2004 6:42 PM

Thumbnail by langbr
Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

P of M- that is a fabulous color!!! And as everyone knows Lilies are my passion!

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Here's some beautiful yellow Asiatic.

Thumbnail by Georgiaredclay
lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Here's one of my favorites. Zebrina Hollyhock. They bloomed all the way past Thanksgiving last year.

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Another lily

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

And another

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

And another.

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Incredible photos everyone! This is really opening my eyes to new possibilities in my gardens.
How about Beebalm?

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.