What's new?

Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom

I've got one, she keeps me company when I'm in the garden. My daughter may not share my passion but at least my cat does!!

AJC & Louisa, my hubby is in the RAF, disappears all the time, I hardly see him. I just about get used to him being at home and he's off again, he's in Scotland at the moment. I used to get really lonely in the evenings.....not anymore. I've got you lot to keep me company, thanks.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Daisy - I had a lifetime of it, and was born into it. My late father was in the RAF and so was my late husband. Travelled all over the world from the age dot! It was a good life. My kids benefitted from the diverse cultures and were more appreciative of the planet that we inhabit. Many would say that all that travelling harms their education but not a bit of it. They were and are very clever kids. My daughter worked for the UN in Geneva. She became a prominent figure in the world of conservation and toured many countries and met many heads of state. My son was in graphics and textiles and designed Princess Di's stockings. By the way, I was looking at a post about cats being a nuisance in the garden and I absolutely agree. I have 3 cats and still hated it when the neighbour's animals would foul up my garden. However, I wouldn't advocate putting thorny rose clippings among your flower beds. First of all there are other ways to deter cats and secondly you would only introduce diseases into the beds from rose prunings. I can't bear to think of a cat with a thorn in his paw. But then, I am an animal lover and they were put on this earth just as the plants were. Sorry, don't mean to get heavy about this :-) Yes, RAF life can be a lonely one, especially if your husband is also a golfer.!!!!

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

a moggy, tee,hee, that is funny =^..^=! Big moggy lover here. I have 14! Lisa

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I know you do Lisa:-) My hubbie has just taken my cat to the vets to have his teeth cleaned and my poor little darling is probably sitting in a strange room not knowing what's going to happen to him and wanting his 'mum'! I hate it!

Louisa, the cats are much too clever to get a thorn in their paws : I have a lot of time for cats but NIMBY (not in my back yard) - that's for the wild birds and the plants and ME ! I bet you're really proud of your children - having travelled around a lot myself I agree that it's good for education and appreciation of other ways of life !
Lisa, how can you afford to feed all those moggies ??

Jo

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

...it depends on what brand of catfood I buy. A 21pound bag of Friskies lasts a week.($9.97) They are all fat and sassy. All of them are fixed so they can't have/make more babies and I know how to give them their shots. They are all cats that I have rescued over the years. I just love them, so does my daughter. Lisa

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I have heard it said that 'cat' people are the best!!! How wonderful of you Lisa to rescue these animals.

Cant imagin what it would be like with so many furball [deleted] houses in the garden.

ALan.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

It is not bad Alan. I only have 4 inside cats. Furballs are not a big problem. You can give them stuff to help them pass it on with the up chuck. My outside cats have a *huge* enclosure they live in. They have trees growing in it and grass too, with a big view of my pasture. They are all happy. Lisa

[ Removed per member request. - Admin]

Alan's made his position on cats very clear in the past, I think. I'm fairly confident in suggesting that they're NOT among his favourite creatures.
Alan - really, not up 'til after 1 pm ? Wish I had the opportunity to lie in that long ...

Jo

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Patty, I always say you can figure a man out by the way he feels about 'moggies'....I think I will name my next me-new Moggy or Nimby. I like that! LIsa

Lisa, sorry, furball is a slang here for cats, not the ones that should choke them, its like every thing else, you like them or you dont, i have a dog, love her too, sometimes, but like all pets they are a pain at times.

Alan.

Lisa, "Mog" is short for 'Moggy' and is, I think, a nicer name for a puss.
Alan, people are a pain more often than animals, animals aren't so often duplicitous (if ever). But I don't think you're beastly !

Jo

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

I have dogs too, 3 of 'em. Love 'em too! Lisa

[ Removed per member request. - Admin]

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

bad Patty...baaaad Patty,(grin) you scared Alan away..hee, hee...Lisa

Thank you Jo, i actually prefere annimals to people, present company excluded of course, with an annimal you know it will bite you, but you are right i am no fan of cats.

Lisa,dont the dogs chase the cats, do you live out in the country ?.

Alan.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

No, no cat chasing here. Everyone gets along. I do live in the country. Not as country as Patty though. I have 3 acres. I also have a miniature pig that lives with my cats.

You looking to have you own zoo lisa.

Patty, its Ok i knew what you meant, and i dont frighten that easily, lol.

Alan.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

I just love animals! I don't drink, smoke, shop, or have any expensive habbits. I just collect critters! LOL! I have a great husband who never tells me we have enough animals. Lisa

I used to have an aviery, i kept a lot of parakeet family birds, dont now, miss them in a way, turn the avairy into a creenhouse, so i still get a great deal of pleasure from it, unlike yours my other half never liked anything i do, so your lucky, what are you going for next, ?.

Alan.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

I dunno, Giraffe maybe???LOL!! No really, I think I have enough for now, till the next menew comes along.I have a parrot too..he is a Conure. He is spoiled!

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

gotta run...little one is waking up! Check ya'll later! Blessings, Lisa

Alan, sometimes you know people are going to bite you too but it's still difficult to avoid it.
Lisa - no SHOPPING ??? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat ?
Patty - I took beastly to be the 'beastly' that we used as schoolgirls meaning 'stinky' or 'mean' - I gues Alan did too.

Jo

Bye Lisa, what species of conure do you have ?.

Alan.

Bi Lisa, got to go on the school run soon so I'll probably not get a chance until tomorrow to catch up

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Alan, my conure is a Nanday. His name is 'Eli'. He is quite the comedian.
Spieyjo, Do you teach school? Lisa

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Alan if you are here. I just sent you a short email. Take a look!!

Wigan, Landcashire, United Kingdom

My sister has 7 dogs, and over 26 cats and kittens,the RSPCA keep bringing her animals when they are desperate,she has a 1 acre industrial unit with 4 caravans on, so they can run about and 1 caravan is the cats-one is for dogs. They both prefer animals to their children, none live at home. Steven her husband was coming home from a job in his lorry and he saw something in the road-he got out and there was a dog in terrible condition so he took it home and for about 3 weeks the dog had its head in the fire keeping warm, they go around feeding all the starving guard dogs even travelling over 20 miles to sites.I have a dog and a 23 year old cat(her sister died 3 years ag aged 21)shes nearly 24, but my sister wants me to have 2 kittens but i have told her she will have to wait until our lucky dies, shes too old to be bothered with grandkitties, she loves sunbathing in the conservatory when the sun is shining, but mostly likes bossing the dog about-and she can make the dog jump-its hard to believe that i have had her even lomger than my youngest child-shes seen them all grow up and they spoiled her too, my heart will be broken when she goes too oh why cant they live as long as us-still miss our last dog Toby who we had for 17 years-our new one is 7 years old only a mongrel but part of the family and he loves his car rides will travel for hours.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Animals are great, they really get to be a special part in our lives. It is nice to see that as much as we all love gardening we like the critters too! I like your story Shelia. Lisa

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Lovely story Shiela. I have just posted a photo of 'my babies'. I'm going to get a sandwich now I think. I haven't been able to eat all day :-)

Lisa, i know it, i have only seen it i a picture though, nice, i like the sun conure the best, a friend of mine has a slender bill conure, and that thing brings a whole new meaning to body piercing, its lethal that beak.

Alan.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

LOL! Alan, all my shirts have little holes in them from that beak. He sits on my shoulder in the morning while I am on the computer. He climbs down my arm and he fusses with my fingers and pokes holes in my robe. He also picks on the cat that sits on my lap. Sometimes I have to brake up fights. Takes talent on my part to sit here and type..Lisa

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Too funny Lisa! I used to have a budgie that I would let out of his cage nearly all day. When I was just married, we rented a house and shared it with the 'stalwart' of the village near Norwich. She was a really posh old lady and lived in this huge house all by herself. We rented part of it. Those were good days. Warm, sunny and croquet on the lawn!! Anyway back to my story. My budgie was flying around in our apartment and managed to get out into her 'side' of the house. She was eating her dinner and my little 'Blue' just popped himself into her mashed potatoes and gravy and started having a bath. I laughed so much that I hurt myself (but not in front of her).......LOLOL

So what did there old lady say, or did he end up as the meat.

Alan.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

The poor woman was so flabbergasted that she just sat there with her mouth open (any wider and Blue would have popped in there too). I just wanted to get the budgie out of there and into our apartment as quickly as possible because I was bursting to let out my laughs. chuckles!

So the budgie enjoyed his gravey bath then.

Alan.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

What did you do today Alan?

Louisa, not much to cold to be outside, i started to put together my new pc desk.

Alan.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.