Best/Worse/What did I learn today? Chatting with friends old and new..

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

I don't think Michigan or Texas has that law passed. All we have is hospice, and they are allowed to give you any and all meds needed to keep the patient comfortable.
Kathy has had had 2 decent days in a row. Nice to see her happy.
Susan, glad you sold your table for a nice price.
Betty, I hope you can get new glasses for a better price.

I got the shams finished for my sister's bed. She is so happy with the quilt and shams.

Thumbnail by taters55
northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

That's beautiful, LindaKay!! So happy that she's having some good days to enjoy it. And, I'm certain that it's a real comfort on the not so good days.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

2 good days in a row is awesome! Please tell your sister your friends here pray for her comfort.

LONG day yesterday but got LOTS done, those are my favorite kind. Dentist appointment in the morning then worked with Sharon on cement form in the afternoon. It could not be stepping stones as she needed to use it to get the lawn mower in the shed.

My teen helper Gabe & I put in an hour of outside work. I cut up 2x4's that came down when part of the patio came down in high winds a few weeks ago.. I have plans to repair. We ripped up the existing rotting ramp & I cut my sloped frame for new ramp. I had Gabe toting stuff off the storage shed, he can sure do that faster than me! (and he doesn't hurt afterwards LOL)

Marie & I started the doll project last night. We got the Cabbage Patch dolls dressed with shoes & hair done. We still need to kit them up with bags & clothes. There are only 25 & I don't think we will have enough clothes so I may have to take a break and sew. I am going to start recruiting help for the 18 inch doll clothes. I try to have a good stock of "the basics" like jeans and white or other solid color shirts. If we have those then we can make up the wardrobes easily. Last year I farmed out the cutting & some of the other work like threading the elastic thru, we had a quite a production crew going.

Marie & I meet with contractor on Tuesday to get ideas about addition to her house.

Haircuts and more doll working today. I hope you are all having safe & good day.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Well I am alive but been missing in action. Miss Emma is at the groomers and Peanut, my cat, is laying beside me wondering where her buddy has gone. I have no appointments after today for two weeks. I love those kind of days.

Pat, you need to meet with a lawyer and draw up the paperwork before you sell your home or the two of you start the new addition. The attorney will have some solid ideas but not just any attorney. Get one that specializes in wills and trusts.

Pat it was funny you brought up that my brother and I are old taking care of old people. I know you know the difference. Some people are old at 60 and some people never get old. But in my home town there are individuals in their 90s and have outlived all of their relatives. It is a very small town and everyone knows everyone.

It was a great birthday party and my sweet brother got very emotional during his thank you speech. His wife was very ill for he last 1 1/2 years with esophagus cancer.
He was thanking everyone who helped them during this trying time. She is still feeding from a stomach tube but can finally swallow small bites of items that are soft or pureed. Saw a few classmates and that was great.

Linda, I have been sending Betty reels from Instagram regarding sewing. She actually said she has learned a few things. One I sent today showed you had liked it. Small world. I love Instagram. I moved to Instagram because my grandchildren moved there from Facebook. Sending peaceful angels to your sister's bedside to comfort her and your family.

I have to go pick up Emma. I will return

I am still learning from sewing videos. Any neat tricks to help the process go smoother.

Thanks for your kind words of concern Sharon. We'll know more how we will handle all the legal matters but have discussed and it WILL go to an attorney for the peace of mind AND to prevent any misunderstandings with our KIDS. The last thing either of will want is our death to cause contention between siblings or cousins.

My former SIL Karen (my ex's sister) is coming for lunch today. We rarely get together, and she is one of my favorite people.

You are all in my thoughts and prayers, peace and safety to you all.

Verona, ON

Pat I am so glad you still get your SIL. I always told my SIL it was my brother who divorced her not me.

It is a stunning Fall day here. I'm wearing shorts but could have long pants on.

Did my monthly trek to get the TH's supplies and grocery shopped. Grocery shopping is not for the faint of heart. My goodness the prices are mind boggling. There were lots of empty shelves and I have noticed that a lot lately. Betty is your Foodland the same way? This weather reminds me of Meaford. One of my favourite shows we used to attend.

BBL.

Frisco, TX(Zone 8a)

Quote from Kidneyguy :
Pat I am so glad you still get your SIL. I always told my SIL it was my brother who divorced her not me.

It is a stunning Fall day here. I'm wearing shorts but could have long pants on.

Did my monthly trek to get the TH's supplies and grocery shopped. Grocery shopping is not for the faint of heart. My goodness the prices are mind boggling. There were lots of empty shelves and I have noticed that a lot lately. Betty is your Foodland the same way? This weather reminds me of Meaford. One of my favourite shows we used to attend.

BBL.

We have noticed some weird things have been in short supply. For the longest time every time we went to the store there weren’t any peach preserves. Finally found some but couldn’t figure out why. Now when we need something we always buy two, then put it on the grocery list as soon as we open the “extra” one. That usually gives enough time to find our preferred brand. But as I said we were out of peach preserves for about three weeks.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Yes, grocery shopping is not for the faint of heart. Emma and I got involved in nonsense and never made it back. Diane, I envy your weather. Our high today will be 102. But clouds are suppose to move in tomorrow and maybe some rain next week. I went to the grocery store two days ago and I very seldom ever go. My nephew ate all of Brian's, Vern's son who is currently living with me, Frito's. I was shocked that a small bag was just about $6. Liverwurst, which I really like, is like buying steak.

Linda, I think I could learn how to sew if I watches enough of those reels. I follow a few individuals that do gardening and love their reels. But now I am getting too many reels on sewing.

Pat, the reason I mentioned an attorney is they have heard all the horror stories and know some of the caveats. I told my sister, if she moved in, I would control the temperature and the TV. She likes it cold, I like it warm and I do not watch TV. She watches it all the time. But my home is big enough she could watch TV in her room and I would not even hear it. And she would have to choose a part of the house that is on a different heating/cooling unit. But she is staying in California and her daughter has kicked in and her daughter is remodeling a home, daughter purchased, which is a one story. Then she will sell her condo and live in the remodeled home rent free. Her daughter has a high paying job and wants her mother out of the two story condo.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Evening all, been busy 2 days.

Teacup that is a great idea but being on my own makes it hard i.e. Walmart puts discounts on it’s 2 for$$$, or 3 for $$$ but problem is by the tie i would buy these and eat the 2nd or 3rd it would be stale.

Yes Sharon those tutorials are helpful, have to wonder sometimes where people come up with such brilliant ideas.

Dianne, weather same here today, too cool for shorts. Melanie andNoah are off tomorrow to see her bio mom, guess where?? Meaford. Told her to go to grandmalambsandget me some apples, not sure what k8nd are on sale right now.

Lindakay how is your sister today? Glad she had a few good days with you.

Awful to say but the funeral yesterday had barely a word said at celebration of life, the cousins who were there had a great time, remembering our youth, laughs galore. My 2 brothers, SIL Kim were there, Sharon had prior commitment. Was sad when we left, Rick and Maurice, brothers to deceased said goodbye, hugged each of us closely and said ‘stay healthy’ both have cancer and won’t be with us for much longer.

I dropped in to visit Darlene in the morning before cemetery and dropped off my eye glass prescription, we had looked at glasses on-line a few weeks ago, i said I’d be back after celebration of life, (Dr. Fiji too wanted $660) so thought seeing John, Darlene a several other couples have had great success with the Canadian company in Guelph that I would try..well, when i went back to Darlene’s after the celebration she told me she and John had ordered the glasses and was a gift. I have to stop mentioning i like something or need something because they go and get it for me..couldn’t win the argument to pay for them myself.

Greg dropped in yesterday afternoon for a bit, had a nice chat, he andMel we’re going out for supper, tomorrow will be their 26th anniversary.

Today I had the Evan/Mason then lily and Adele then went into town, wanted some groceries and wasn’t about to pay Foodland prices…know i will pay for it tomorrow but Kentucky Fried chicken came home with me…enough for lunch tomorrow

Ziggy just climbed into bed with me, he had been hiding under the draped quilt, guess he wants some petting because as soon as I stop petting him he licks my arm

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

I totally agree Sharon about the heat/TV etc, Marie and I have been working that stuff out over the years. We have "lived together" for days at a time and know the differences between us. We have been negotiating those differences forever. That is one of the reasons I will have a bedroom and a sitting room. It will also give me a place to express my personal choices in color and art. All of her kitchen & living room is red and black. I am a pink & green kind of person. The extra room will allow me to continue to use my big area rug and other possessions that would not coordinate well with her stuff. If you PLAN ahead, and everyone is honest and open, living together with someone can be done. The legal stuff is to protect EVERYONE & we will do it.

It is some of the craziest things will go in short supply! During Covid it became also impossible to get yeast. I ended up buying a 2 pound bag of it online and having it shipped to my DDIL Carrie. There are still things that do not seem readily available.

Yesterday while grocery shopping, I picked up several things, saw the price and put them back. For lunch today, I made chef salads and I made a yummy fruit salad. I used cut fresh fruit with a "dressing" made from blackberry Greek yogurt. It was delicious. Karen brought me smoked salmon, fresh salmon & a small package of crab... oh my!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I had trouble getting green peppers the other week, and then I went to another store & found some in good enough shape, in the "clearance" shelf they have in that store.
In the 1st store, they didn't even have it packaged with the other colours.
I have my 15yo helper back. He & his parents reconciled and now he's back home and has been there long enough that he & his parents are willing to have him working for me again :) The 3 of them came over today to look at my shed step (they have extra pressure treated wood they're willing to sell to me & the dad's in construction so will do a good job. Plus he's going to replace my back lower deck. It was made of chip board, and is getting soft.
Today the young boy cleaned the windows at Silver Willow, but we did have to go over them a few times, to get rid of the streaks he left lol Personable boy, though, and very likeable. Tomorrow he'll help me clean up some of my veggie garden. I can't think of anything else to do, but will put the word out among our senior group.

Pat & Sharon - good on you for sharing space with someone. I remember thinking that my mom & I would be great roommates, but I don't think my daughter & I would be. Love her like crazy, but our lifestyles are SO different. She's a vegan, and keeps early hours whereas I am totally a meat-eater, and am sometimes up at 1 - 2am. We're both high-functioning women, but in different directions. Well, she's happily married in Winnipeg & I'm happily single (almost) in rural Alberta. I know that my city-girl daughter would go stir-crazy in a tiny hamlet which fits me to a "T"

Yep, just cuz we love 'em, doesn't mean we can live with 'em!

Exciting about the progress on your step Susan.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning, a truly fall day, if it weren’t for the leaves not turning colour think I would be heading north for a ride.

Susan, I’m so glad you have caring people who will help get a deck that you can be safe on as that white stuff comes early in your neck of the woods and the weight on unsafe snow might cause problems.

Some of you may remember that I had Rita living with me for 6 months after her hubby’s breakdown, knew it was temporary but she is one person who could have lived with me forever.

I’ve been up early, between a load of wash, made 3 jars of fruit jam cleaned craft room for a bit, coffee grunted some tags and leaves all the while trying to figure out how I will fill in my day.

Thinking I could go out and work 1/2 hr this morning, same this afternoon and evening that way I would not be overdoing. Am hoping Tanya will drop in to pick up her throw, pumpkin Matt’s & serviettes, faux bread loaf and pumpkin pie.

Realized this morning I must have at least one more fall tote somewhere As I am missing the beautiful glass pumpkin candy/cookie jar Lindakay sent me one year.

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

I got another dress hemmed and ready to wear but my serger just went on the blink afterwards. I hope to get it up and running again SOON. I think I just bent a needle somehow. The fabric I was working on earlier was "different" and neither of my machines liked it. It looks like a normal heavy pant weight polyester, but it must be something else! I was making navy colored Cabbage Patch doll pants. Marie got the cutest costumes for DIRT cheap but some of them are not "complete". I needed the navy pants to computer the postal workers uniform and the police man. I made white pants for the MD & some of the other uniforms.

Can you believe it's time for Marie & I kick it into gear? Guess I will have to pick up the pace a little if I hope to finish getting this house ready for sale AND all the Christmas doll prep done.

My lunch with former SIL Karen was so nice. We just don't get together often enough. She is out of town a lot; they have a little cabin on the coast.

Beautiful decorations Betty. You and Pat are both busy.
My sister's pain is getting worse so hospice said to double her pain meds again.

Victoria Harbour, ON

So sorry to hear that Lindakay, it yet be overwhelming for you to watch her suffer, will doubling her meds take all the pain away? Know you’ve likely said, does she have a hubby and kids nearby?
Bet your days are long…
and prayers set to both of you.

With all the kits you make Pat i would say you need to be in high gear. Adele yesterday told me when she was telling her neighbour she and Lily are going to have a craft table for 2 Christmas craft shows the neighbour was laughing and told her Thea had loads of time to make things and there was no rush..don’t think that neighbour knows much about sewing do you. Nice you got to spend time with SIL Karen.

Lordy, just 12:30, i haven’t stopped but can feel my body saying ‘time for a nap’
Lindakay, brought in another tote and there was your glass pumpkin..have to put mini chocolate bars on my grocery list.

This fall decorating is is almost done, time to be giving some of it away, I’m starting to feel I live in Hobby Lobby fall department.

Verona, ON

I know I posted this morning but I don't see it here. Grrrr

Nothing much going on here. I have the niggling of vertigo starting so will be careful what I do. I hate this !!!! Vertigo is from something in the inner ear and I should have guessed it was coming as my tinnitus is just crazy this morning.

Was going to make soup but think I will have some quiet time watching the leaves start to fall. Squirrels are going crazy collecting all the nuts from the 2 Black Walnut trees I have. Of course the TH are going crazy barking at them from inside the house.

LK sending you huge hugs. I hope the increase in morphine will help your sister. An increase in Warren's made him do some weird things that he had no idea he had done. Sleep seems to be the only thing he wanted to do as he sure didn't want to eat. He thought he did and I would make whatever he asked for but by the time it was ready he was asleep and I didn't want to wake him. Sending prayers for an easy transition for your sister.

Be kind to yourself today everyone.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Linda Kay - you & my sister are in my prayers, always.
Dianne, hope your niggling feeling is wrong & you don't get vertigo.

I'm in for a break from cleaning up my garden & moving some trellised planters. They were in front of the ugly fence, but now I have 2 on either side of the bench under the spruce trees, and 2 on the fence side that Carol put up on my east side of the yard. I'm taking the cuttings from the raspberry canes & burning them in my tiny backyard burn pit. It'll take me all day to burn it LOL Now that the ugly garden fence is gone (glad it was temporary & easy to remove), it will open up my back yard a LOT!
This afternoon Kayle (pronounce kale) will help me clear up the shelving unit of all the leftovers from last year's Silent Auction. It doesn't need to stay in our tiny building. He has 9 hours left on his Community Service, so today will make 8 hours to go.

Linda, I am so sorry to hear of the increased pain & am glad you have been able to be there for your sister.

Susan, your garden will be whipped into shape in no time!

Hospice will continue to increase her meds, until she is finally fully sedated as the pain increases. Yes, the morphine does crazy things to her mind. She gets really confused, not knowing what day it is, or where she is sometimes.
It's very hard to see anyone go through this.
Thank you all for your continued prayers.
Betty, glad you found the orange pumpkin. Your place is always beautifully decorated. So much work.
Susan, glad to hear he is helping you get things done.
Dianne, praying your vertigo was easy on you yesterday. It can't be easy being dizzy all the time.
Pat, good luck getting all your clothes sewn.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning all

Sitting here at this moment watching ceremonies of 911 , 22 years ago..praying for their loved ones..a memory never forgotten. I’ve been to the 3 memorials and the visits are all so overpowering.

Hope Lindakay your sister has a better day today.
It’s a beautiful piece, all I need to do is fill it, wonder if I could make faux candies because you have no idea how many times I fill that pumpkin with goodies, usually mini chocolate bars.smilling, rather than faux candies maybe look the candies I would not eats, maybe sour worms lol

Very dull day today, can feel rain in the hair..hoping it stays in our region.

Don’t want to do a lot so looking for fabric I have that i can cut up 8n 10” squares..so far I’ve almost put 5 together..bored

60 degrees here in Michigan. It has been raining all morning, and will rain most of the day. Just a light rain so far. I will have to adjust to the Texas heat the end of the week, when I fly home Thursday.

Frisco, TX(Zone 8a)

Linda Kay, the temps here in the Dallas area are dropping to the 80s this week. Almost 20 degrees lower than a week ago! Hopefully they will be lower too where you live in Texas. So sorry to hear about your sister’s health. Many thoughts and prayers.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Rain has managed to skirt us here..

Maybe your sister is holding on til you leave Lindakay..she is a fighter. You would think in that much pain those who are are fighting for their next breathe would give up but they keep fighting, am sure they do so for us.

Teacup, hard to believe’s is cool weather for you all, still cold hot enough to run a/c
Are you able to sit and enjoy on days like this?

Did 8 bowl holders today all in fall fabrics, tomorrow I will do a set of 4 for John and Darlene, I will have to look at photo’s of the hoe they just bought in Myrtle Beach so i can colour coordinate.

I could so have a nap, had all day to do so and i decide I need a nap 1/2 hr before young Vanessa comes after school.

I will go unlock basement door just incase I do fall asleep, she always gives me a shout when comes through basement entrance.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I am again sitting on my back patio enjoying the cooler weather. Right now we are 83 and is perfect weather in the South West. I had a lovely dinner last night with my daughter and her family. They are following this guy on Instagram that shows you how to purchase big slabs of beef and then show you how to cut it and what is in it. We had short ribs last night but not the expensive end but just as good. They are so proud of themselves. They have also influenced many of their friends to follow this meat cutter to find out the tricks.

Betty, I am disappointed you didn't get a little rain. And I am with you on the candy but mine is anything salty and spicy. My solution is not to purchase it. Sometimes I will buy a treat for Brian, Vern's son, and I tell him to take it upstairs. The majority of the time when and if I am shopping, I see something that looks good, I turn it over and look at the carbs. 99% of the time it gets put back because the carbs are outrageous.
Hope you got a quick nap before Vanessa arrived. Betty, two of my friends we in the air at the time of 9/11 and they were landed in Canada. They had nothing but wonderful things to say about your people and your country. My son called me at the crack of dawn. He was in Ohio and called and said, mom turn on the TV. The rest of the day is a blur.

Linda, your sister does know you are there. Just talk to her and play the music she likes quietly. Vern died right in front of me and I did not know he died. His Hospice caregiver was getting him dressed and I was talking to him about breakfast. Had one arm in one sleeve and the Hospice caregiver looked at me and said, He just died. The other caregiver was standing right next to me and we were both shocked at how quietly and quick he went. Hospice thought he had more than 6 weeks left.

Susan, you should keep in touch with that young man and get him some small side job to keep some change in his pocket and out of trouble. Some of these children today do not have any contact with their extended family.

Diane, how is the vertigo? The treatments they put me through took about 3 months, but I have never gotten it back. And I thank the Lord for that.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Sharon, would be worth the 3 months of therapy for sure to get rid of it..mine touch wood has lessen, worse place for it to happen is in bed. Nice weather for you..guess I will be watering planters tomorrow.

Sunday meals with family always the best.

I found the last few months regardless of what i put outside to try no go, too humid. Wonder what they did when they hung clothes to dry.

I don’t eat enough eat to warrant following the butcher but bet Greg would, if you can I’d appreciate the name.

911, i had a few girls in the house, we were just about to start painting a project when the news bulletin came on, for President Kennedy we were at school, when i came home for lunch i did not return for afternoon session..for the Moon Trip i had my eye and molars out, Kyle was just a baby, Roger had stayed home to help me and we watched it.

No nap and Venessa who is a handful was wired for sound tonight, could not convince her to use her inside voice…Lordy she must be a handful for the teachers, some of it is because her voice is so high pitched.

After she left I cut the pieces to make Darlene 6 bowl holders in blues.

i will soon get comfy in bed..

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Dying peacefully & quietly is the way I'd like to go, when it happens (not for another 20-30 years from now if I can help it!).
Last night I realized that I'd left my cell phone at the Senior Centre. Went to get it and someone had tried to break in and broke a key off in the door knob. So, no coffeetime today, as there was no way to get into the building. There are two possibilities - either the stoned girl I found laying on the gravel pad in the playground that afternoon, or the young offender. I don't like to think it's the young offender - his was a crime of opportunity I was told, and there were two of them to bolster each other to do whatever it was. So, today I went to the RCMP & reported it. I have a locksmith coming to fix the lock tomorrow at 9am.
Today I went to Olds & loaded up my back seat & trunk with old bricks & cement blocks to make a keyhole garden in my back yard.
The couple that bought my dining room set picked it up today. Randy will buy the corner computer desk & a 30" tv with DVD when he moves in next door (yes, my current neighbours are moving at the end of the month, and will unplug from my electrical power! Hurray!!).
Tomorrow after the locksmith is finished, I'm heading back to Olds to pick up another load of bricks. The keyhole garden is 6ft across and waist high. Need a lot of bricks for it.

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
Sydney, Australia

Spam deleted.

Thumbnail by SionaSmith
Victoria Harbour, ON

Not sure how,w these guys get on hee..

I sure hope not the young lad you were so,proud,of the work he was doing Susan..it would stupid him having time tip-off serve and break into where he is putting in hour..I’d say not him.

Lindakay, can’t get you and your sister out of my mind, saying prayers this early morning.

Not sure, but this we have light rain.

Thank you Betty.
Susan, praying wasn't your helper.
Betty, my sister has her husband and her youngest son and his wife that temporarily moved in to help.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

My face is red - yesterday my neighbour Randy tried to free the broken key using a dental pick. He said something moved, but I didn't try my key. The locksmith came this morning, and I was trying to show him how my key wouldn't work, and it worked! I guess Randy did free it after all. The locksmith didn't charge us for it!!
I don't believe it was Kayle. I think the drugged up girl did.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Feel alive, got a perm and she trimmed it short for me to blend in my last bad hair cut I got from a walk in clinic, curly cue hair do is better than straight.

Lucky he didn’t charge you Susan, i had similar red face ions ago, called tow truck, didn’t have car in park, he did charge me thought, said it would be a lesson well learned. Likely you will not find out who was the culprit.

Lindakay, she will be well looked after, hopefully the Lord will take her shortly so she will no longer suffer. Know you are torn between staying and leaving.

Karen, how are you doing with the pain

Dianne, how is the vertigo?

Be back after Giorgia leaves, she is here from 4-6.. trying to decide if I want to eat before or after she comes.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I just brought home 500 lbs worth of broken cement slabs & spread it around the passenger front seat, back seat & trunk. Some of these pieces must have been about 80 lbs, and I've unloaded them next to my driveway. My regular wheelbarrow tire is flat now lol
I went to get them after I got my foot care. Now, I'm going to Wellness & Library. Chat later.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning, not sure there is any rain left in the sky but if there is come on down..don’t you get a lot accomplished when it’s a rain day.

Lordy Susan, funny you didn’t wreck the springs on you vehicle with that much weight. You will be sore this morning.

I bought a large box of kitty litter Saturday and it’s still in the trunk of my car, once i finish my coffee I will back my car to the back basement entrance..ifI can lift it from to trunk then i can do one step at a time then glide it into the laundry rooms where Ziggy’s box is.

Giorgia made 4 bowl holders last night, i asked her how her grannie was doing, she has been fighting cancer and is starting to lose the battle so she asked her family if they could have Christmas in October so she could have one more Christmas,how very sad. They have rented the community Center and are having a dinner catered mid October.

Michelle my niece has 2 children, 1st born got a Christmas sock with name on it, 2nd born got a sock with no name so aunt Betty was asked to embroider the name, well aunt Betty took the sock it mid spring, every drawer, every cupboard, every nook and cranny was searched in last few weeks, all is now very organized but didn’t find the Xmas sock..grrrr

This morning I did more cleanup, was on my way upstairs and behind my chair lift was 4 Christmas bags i did not get to give out last year and thought I’d check who they were for, inside one of the bags was the Xmas sock, not much of a sock but I have it and this week will finish it. Know Mike and Kim will be here for Thanksgiving so I will have it ready. Ohhh happy days.

Phoebe. comes tonight for 4:30 out of all the kids I had hoped she wouldn’t be back as she has low esteem and at first thing that goes wrong she goes into a fit, i just didn’t have the nerve to say no. Her mom does scrapbooking, all my scrapbook pads are dry, wanted orange and a stamp that says FALL, she will bring her stamp catalogue for me to pick from…hoping I don’t order more than that.
Thinking I might take a quick run into Midland about 10

Best I eat my cereal and get a move on..

Miss you Karen, hope all is well.

Forest says hi, we exchanged a D-mail when I checked on him. I think he will seek a more "plant" centered thread, but thanks you for the warm welcome.

Susan, I feel your pain & embarrassment. I am with you on the attempted break in, I don't think it's your Kayle although he did KNOW what was IN the building.

Betty, I learned the whole "Park" thing but mine only cost me embarrassment. I once couldn't start the car because someone stole my battery! Now besides checking for Park, I look to see if I have a battery. That's about the extent of my abilities besides calling for help!

Linda I do hope they can manage your sister's pain, even if that means she sleeps all the time.

Susan that sounds like a cool project, you go girl!

Sharon, that sounds like something Adam would enjoy following. He certainly has processed his share of game meat.

Dianne, I hope you find something that corrects the vertigo.

We got the feedback from the realtors; my house is about what I expected but Marie's was a disappointment. We met with the first contractor, and it was a shock. We meet with an architect later this week and then can get a more accurate estimate before going forward with real bids. At least now Marie & I have a clearer idea of what we want INSIDE the house and have started to make a list of things that need to happen & when to make this all go forward. We have been warned that the neighbor across the street, the county took a FULL YEAR to finally approve his plans. Submit, reject, resubmit. Rather than review the WHOLE thing county sent it back for the first thing they didn't like and had them resubmit. EACH time cost a new review for permit. I think that sounds like an awfully petty and unnecessary way to generate money and slow down building. Unless the plans were completely whacked, they should have reviewed and pointed out ALL the things that needed correction.

For Entertianment purposes I started doll sewing. I love sewing for the dolls but I don't like the pressure of trying to make so many outfits. Marie and I have discussed the possibility of preparing only part of the dolls and donating them this year, holding over the rest to cut down on the stress. We'll see, holding them means storing them and right now we are stressing about clearing out her storage conexs. We just can't bear the thought of gifts the dolls without adequate clothes for the little girls to play with. .

Thumbnail by psychw2
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

This morning I got a shocking email telling me that my security camera (Front) wasn't connected. I checked, and it was unplugged. I'd asked the installer what happens if someone unplugs it and he said that the camera would capture it. The plug is directly below the camera so it couldn't "see" it. Listed as 4:40am not connected. I tracked down why - my neighbour had plugged his cell phone in while he was sitting on my deck waiting for me to come home. I asked Telus WHY it took 11 hours for the notification to come in that it was disconnected. Also, told him that using his time (Phillipines) to tell me when things happened was NOT acceptable. They're 15-19 hours off from me. When you're talking to a Canadian customer, you HAVE to talk in Their time, not Yours!. Had a chat with my neighbour Randy, too. I was having a conniption fit wondering what happened outside my home that I didn't know about. I chewed Randy's ear off, you can bet. I was frightened, not knowing.
This afternoon, crib.
I'm looking for a 14 ft long curtain rod, so I can have a double rod & close my solid drapes over my lacy curtains in my living room. Nowhere around here sells them, and I wouldn't get them from Amazon until October 5-11th.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I frequent a Joke site and this is one I saw. LOL

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
Frisco, TX(Zone 8a)

I am sitting on the back patio enjoying the cooler weather. It is at least 10 degrees cooler than last week (104) and forecast to get into the 80s in a few days. It will get back to consistent 90 degree days next week, but at least our days over 100 seem to be over for the year. A very light rain has started and more is forecast for tomorrow.
Meanwhile the hummingbirds have arrived in force. Monday we had 6 fighting over the two feeders so I put three more out. There don’t seem to be as many hummingbirds today, but I will keep a close eye on them.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.