Best/Worse/What did I learn today?chat with friends new and old..

Victoria Harbour, ON

Dianne, that back could wasn’t any more than a block away, thundering like crazy but passed me by but I think it’s headed your way. It’s been 32yrs since Roger died and it’s the little things said or seen that brings me back to conversations had with Roger.
Are you really thinking about another Rottie? TH will be jealous. I so enjoy watching British mysteries…

Susan, other than worrying about your friend did you have fun camping? Hope you take a lot of photos at the Botanical Gardens, was a wonderful Mothers Day gift from your daughter. Perhaps once summer is over i will get Linda and Suzanne and go to Niagara on the Lake for the day or weekend.

Was sad to hear today that All the Christmas Tree stores are closing. I enjoyed shopping there. Cracker Barrel has lost its appeal, no rushing stateside. Big sigh

Sounds like your projects are all done Sharon, great they are finished now that the weather is so hot and humid.after 4 years old dating, smart that one of them or both were smart enough to know it wouldn’t work but then who knows maybe they will get back together.

Lindakay, will be difficult for you going through Todd’s burial, will do you good to see a bit of the east coast especially NYC… hugs

Oh happy days Pat you get to sleep in your own bedroom you’ve accomplished so much..you are quite a woman

Deb, dogs getting bigger quickly I bet, nice you are home til Wednesday.

Karen, how are you and Walt doing?

If i don’t get back here early in the morning Happy July 4th..

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I am here and all is well. High today was 112. Low was 85. I was out brushing down the new plaster on the pool this morning at 7am because I did it yesterday at 10:30 and was wiped out when I was done. I have 7 more days of brushing down. It gets the loose plaster off and down the drain. My house keeper cancelled today until Thursday. No big problem because my house is not that dirty.

My granddaughter goes to the hospital at midnight on the 6th for induced labor. So Theodore Jack Rushton will be born on either the 7th. So this will be the 3rd Great grandchild. We had a discussion last night at our Sunday night dinner. I told GSIL that my Viking blonde hair blue eyes was going to wipe out his Jewish/Polish rusty red hair. They quoted me everything their college trained heads had researched and he said red hair is dominate over blonde. And Jewish is dominate over Welsh. I told them, we shall see. Other two great grandchildren are blonde haired, blue eyed. It was in jest They are so excited they are beside themselves. It is so fun to watch.

Pat, so pleased you got help with the big items. Before you know it, it will be all done.

Susan, sorry for the loss of your friend. Sounds like your trip was fun.

Dianne, I keep looking at male schnauzer puppies, but I am too old for a new puppy and Emma would be confused. Our neighborhood is empty. I know a few neighbors took off for Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Some are in the mountains in Utah. Fire works start tonight and will go on until the 5th. But they do not bother my pets.

Stay safe Betty. Linda, Betty and I are just stubborn. I was shoveling when I was about 8. My dad would have me fill the wheelbarrow and then he would move it where he wanted it. My neighbor told me about 15 years ago I swing a pick like a man. And I did not get upset because it was true. Imagine if he said that today to some of these women.

Emma and are are going for a short walk soon. You all stay safe, happy and healthy.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Happy 4th of July everyone.. may everyone be safe today!

Lordy 103, think it was that temp when i visited and in the desert it was 121F
Will feel like 99f today..hot for us.

It is exciting for sure for you and your family, a blond blue eyes Viking Theodore will be, that is my bet along with 7.2lbs. Congrats great grandma.

Just had my bath, now outside before the heat. i will water the restaurant’s planters that aren’t doing as well as they should, when set up they have such a lovely patio, then my gardens.

That little garden I made on side of shed has tomatoes plants almost 2 ft tall, no flowers, doubtful it will get any but i see a few cucumber plants have flowers so maybe I will have a cucumber sandwich from my own garden.

Pat can’t come today (going to Barrie to deliver 16 cancer hats she has made to the cancer clinic, june will drop in for a bit, i bought a new pattern for a cancer hat, I’m not quite as far as she is where you have to knit triple stitches but I will try and help her out. This afternoon Giorgia, one of my favourites is coming so full day.

Only must on my agenda is to confirm booking for my neck injection tomorrow.

Hope to hear how Karen and hubby are doing and Judy. Will have to send a message to Liz, don’t believe she renewed her subscription.

Enjoy your day everyone

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Verona, ON

Happy 4th of July. We have a heat warning here. It was into the triple digits yesterday and will do so today. Sure glad I have AC. Th TH are peeved as they aren't getting their lengthy walks but I am not subjecting them or myself to that heat.

Enjoy your day ladies.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

We are fine. Got lots of strawberry jam made. Other than than that not doing much until party next weekend for youngest grands graduation. He's special needs so it took a while but he persisted so we are proud of him. Also proud of son and DIL for raising three with special needs.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Not going to the Devonian Gardens this week. Una's service is Thursday & I won't miss it. We'll schedule another time, Dianne & I.
I'm writing a bit of something for them to read at Una's service.
Today is Tuesday Social Group & then I'm going shopping for ingredients to make a couple of cheesecakes. We seniors have been asked to bring baking & salads, & serve for a group that's doing a "meet & greet" with landowners because they're planning on putting in a windfarm nearby. 60 people at a BBQ. They'll do the BBQ & we'll clean up afterwards. They'll pay us for our expenses & give a donation to the Senior's Society. This will be held at the Community Centre here in town.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Know from experience Susan that it’s a heck of a lot of work, kudos to you all for undertaking so much work. I am sure your words will be touching.

Glad you are both ok Karen, mouth watering, nothing like homemade jams. Congratulations for all who surround the loving children, am sure grandparents were there as well to help out.

Dianne, weather much as yours, tomorrow hotter..yikes
i started out with good intentions, we have our water ban on, 7-9 a.m. and 7-9pm every alternate day.Ziggy is somewhere outside laying in a cool spot
Hooe you’ve a good book to read or a good pretaped show to entertain yourself.

watered for a few hours early this morning, june came over, she hadn’t backed out of the heard that Darlene and John came for a 2 hour visit. Was I pleased that i made a cherry pie yesterday, John has a sweet tooth.. 2 pieces topped with cherry ice cream he had and think had i put a 3rd he would have eaten it. Before they left young Giorgia came for her lesson..made an embroidered pillow with family name..am sure her mom will be thrilled.there went my day.

TH would enjoy their walk, can hardly breathe, we aren’t used to humidity and heat of this magnitude for days on end… yep, thank goodness for a/c and a good book.

Will wait til 7 then go out and water again then early night..busy day tomorrow then add in my injection at 4pm so won’t feel like doing much thursday.

Glad i cooked Turkey dinner yesterday, mega leftovers so that will do me for supper.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Susan, sorry you had to miss your trip but saying goodby to a friend is very important. Are the individuals having the BBQ for or against the wind farm.

Emma and I are sitting on the back patio but read to give up and head inside. 99 degrees right now with a sight wind, but getting uncomfortable. Family went to the mountains and I didn't want to have to keep Emma on a leash the whole day so we stayed home.

Town is packed with visitors. Big time fire works tonight. Turkey dinner sounds great Betty and you could use the strawberry jam instead of cranberry. Trader Jo's has a nice bottled cranberry jam and it only comes out at Thanksgiving. I purchase about 10 jars and use it all year. They are small jars. Another item they have only at Thanksgiving is turkey gravy in a carton. No carbs and not bad. I buy about 10 of them also.

Emma is telling me we need to go inside. Hugs to all of you.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Susan, that is a beautiful privilege to contribute to Una's service. Interesting fund raising idea, the help at BBQ.

Betty, you always have FABRIC to go to US for!

My Dad told me I swung a hammer like a girl. I reminded him "I AM a girl!" I was a teen & we were building a fence for my horse at the time.

Sharon, yep, you have doubts CANCEL!!! I wish my son had LOL. It will be fun to see who wins the genetic roll of the dice at baby's birth. I too stock up at different holidays for those special things that are only available once a year. I remember a special body wash, I bought more than a year's worth but it never did come back.

Deb, we need more Pics for our puppy fix!

Karen, happy to hear you & Walt are doing good. Jam --- oh my! Good thing I don't make any anymore. I LOVE freezer jam. I used to make it all year long. A special needs child takes more patience and endurance to accomplish such a difficult milestone. Congratulations to each of them AND their parents.

Dianne, I never think of Canada getting triple digits. OUCH

My brother Mark came & gave me a quick tutorial on my chop saw/ miter saw, my pneumatic nail gun (which I haven't used in years & not often then), & he also loaned me his portable compressor and turned me loose. I got the baseboard installed. I need to finish the caulking, about 1/2 done. I did a pretty good job!

Mark also rehung my closet sliding doors. The contractor hung them wrong & they were not functioning smoothly. They do NOW! Mark is so calm, practical and so non-verbal (compared to me). He had way more patience than I would have guessed. He has done stuff FOR me, but this is the first time I asked him to TEACH me something.

I dont' know if the picture is good enough to see all the "white saw dust" from the PVC base board I cut.

I managed to find a black bookcase JUST the right size for the 4th bedroom. I took out the white nightstand and moved it too my master bedroom.

This message was edited Jul 5, 2023 6:47 PM

Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Good morning everyone.
Everyone has been busy.
Susan, sending our condolences and prayers for your loss.
Pat, looks like you are working very hard, and it sounds like you are almost done.
Betty, what happened at your place the other night? Was someone killed? Bet that was scary in your own fron yard.
We were in Philly for fireworks last night. Not for sure of plans for today.

I hope you enjoyed your visit to Philly, I'll bet the fireworks were spectacular!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Evening, 3 digit temps..hot one

I did write a post this morning then off to look at Pat’s photo’s and that was that, poof

Hoping you had a great day today Lindakay, love Philadelphia, always stayed around the waterfront near the submarine. Has the service been celebrate? You were not sure what you would be up to?? Was it something you enjoyed?

There was a shooting Lindakay across the street, no deaths but quite a scare.

Yep Pat, saw the white dust, hope you wore a mask?? Hopefully august you can just sit end enjoy your gardens.you sure look happy in those photo’s.

Sharon, thinking you sent me your weather, you can have it back, a tad too hot.Ziggy stayed in all day, he is wanting out but no go, don’t want to stay up all night waiting for his return like i did last night. Sure would like to know where his hiding spot is. Have you been in the pool? Can’t imagine how many people flood Las Vegas on July 4th.
Emma wouldn’t enjoy her day on a leash in this heat.

Dianne, hope you and the TH stayed inside today..do you get cool breeze off the lake?

I watered gardens this morning, cut grass and did some spent flower cutting then to rest. Left at 3 for my appointment with Dr. Jones, got my injection and appointments for tests and physio. She reminded me to not have a shower for 2 days nor doing anything with hands over hips..i had to smile as our Judy would always say “ hands on hip” if she caught me doing what I shouldn’t have been doing. Hope she is recovering well from her surgery.

Guess it’s the heat, feet are so swollen..i bought a case of water today, going to force myself to drink it.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Had a manicure today and then went to the grocery store and picked up some essentials and went to Home Depot and picked up more flowers. I will plant them on Friday. Weird to see some shelves empty. I bought 4 lbs of sugar. It was on sale and I only use it for the hummingbirds so I grabbed one. I have my hair done tomorrow and that is same parking lot as Trader Jo's so I will stop and get my eggs.

My grandson Corbin will be here for Labor Day from Provo, Utah so he has agreed to drive me to my home town for my brother's 80th birthday and back the same day. Going to take Emma. Labor Day there is a big deal so not many places to stay.

It was only 100 here today so was actually OK. That is crazy when we think 100 degrees is cooler.

Pat, that was so nice of your brother to show you how to do it. My brother Jimmy, who is the youngest is the same way. One of the funniest things I ever saw was a woman about 30 trying to use a shovel. She had no idea.

Linda, so pleased your trip to Philadelphia is going smoothly for you. A lot of shooting there so be alert.

Susan, when is your BBQ. How was the memorial service.

Betty, I watered some pots this afternoon and checked the soil to see how deep the soil was damp, Just on top. Everything around the roots was dry as a bone. So I got in there with my hands and dug around and loosened the soil and deep watered. And I know better.

I have brushed down the pool but have not checked the tomatoes for horn worms. Miss Emma knows it is time for us to go to bed.

All is well. Hugs to all of you.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

BBQ was this evening, and it went off very well. It was a Wind Farm company that was doing the Meet & Greet of landowners. They intend on havng us do their next BBQ in Oct/Nov. They liked the baking & salads we did, and everything went off without a hitch (except that their hamburgers weren't thoroughly cooked - very pink in the center, but we ate them anyway. I told them about a trick - precook them, then put them in a 50/50 mix of gravy & water, in a slow cooker. It will keep them moist & no one's waiting for them to be cooked.) They paid us for our expenses, and then the donation cheque will come in about 3 weeks.
Tomorrow (Thurs) is Una's Celebration of Life. Errands for me to do in town, too.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning, was out at 6 watering as they say today will be the hottest of the week…after watering i make mixture of miracle flower bloom and fed mine and the restaurants garden.

Won’t that be nice Sharon for you to have a trip with Corbin and to be able to celebrate your brother 80th. Have to smile when you say it’s only 100 here, shaking my head, we are not liking it, 80 is perfect for me. DoesEmma like car rides??

Think that is a problem here as well, i water well but ground it so dry it’s not helping them, Weeds don’t care though.

I took a good look at my gardens, going to pull out a lot of tall phlox and other shrubs that isnt allowing me to see some of the garden art and low flowers..guess it’s better to start late summer.maybe I’m getting tired of gardening, not finding them as beautiful. Starting to be more of a chore than enjoying it.

Great news Susan, how many were you working?know today will be a hard day for you,,hard losing a good friend like Una..hugs

I have Lily coming at 9:30, hoping she will sew a memory game kit, could be a good seller for fall craft show, she was the one that had a table at the Canada festivities.

I messaged Suzanne to see if she was up to going out for supper but haven’t heard back from her yet.

Bought a case of water, don’t drink water but thought I’d give it a try..put strawberry mic in a bottle, yuk, worse than just water.

See mariesitting outside, will go say good morning, cut a few deadheads by then lily will be here..

Keep cool everyone

Victoria Harbour, ON

Storm has arrived, as long as power doesn’t shut off I’m up for it. Got me out of watering if nothing else.

Put left over Turkey,turnip in freezer, couldn’t take one more meal of it lol
Bought some corn on the cob, that will be my easy supper.

Should be doing something, anything to entertain myself.

Sharon reminded me she goes to dog training school in Barrie tomorrow, maybe I will go with and shop while she and Kunik are taking a class

Your rebooking for the same group shows just how successful your BBQ was Susan.

A trip to Barrie with Sister sounds great. I hope this new dog is Sharon's new champion. That will help heal her heart.

BIL Mark is coming to help me fix the dryer vent problem.

I got my nightstand "fixed". replaced a broken drawer with a shelf. The 2 remaining draweres work so well I did not want to give it up.

You know you are old when the top drawer of your nightstand has 5 rub on pain & inflammation meds, 3 oral pain meds & 4 or more sleep aids.

Thumbnail by psychw2
northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

Babies are doing good. Eyes not open yet, but, should be soon.

Thumbnail by momcat Thumbnail by momcat Thumbnail by momcat Thumbnail by momcat Thumbnail by momcat
Victoria Harbour, ON

Awww Deb, aren’t they adorable, can see hair is growing. Can’t wait for next set of photo’s. Guess you still have to come home mid day to make sure all ok, will you do that even when eyes are open and they can walk around?

Pat, surely you are running out of things to do?
Dangerous when vents don’t work well, should have my vent cleaned.
Watched a show, once it cools down and I can shut off a/c doing to wash all that coiling down from dust and debris.

What meds are you taking for inflammation?

Now that i spent most of the day laying on couch it’s now time for bed.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I am back from my hair cut and trip to Trader Jo's. Three thugs tried to rob a man coming ut of Trader Jo's and I guess they picked the wrong guy. It was over by the time I got there but everyone was in an uproar. Two of the thugs took off on foot and the last one took off in a car. There is security in this area but security guard was on other end of center. And they probably knew that.

Betty, you must remember our 100 degrees is with low humidity. Today our humidity is 7%. It is 100 right now and I am waiting for the front landscape to get in the shade so I can go deadheading.

Pat, good job on the night stand. Good thinking. I call that trash to treasure. I had my dryer vent cleaned out and was amazed how much lint was in there.

Susan, good job on the BBQ. I do not understand why they didn't come with the check. My red flag flew up on that delay. I hope I am wrong.

Deb, the puppies are adorable. Do they change colors as they get older?

Victoria Harbour, ON

Sharon, humidity was 85%
Getting to be even shopping is a dangerous outing.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Sharon, they brought a cheque for the expenses. The donation cheque was going to be based on the # of landowners that came in, as the donation was from them. The 50 we expected turned out to be 25 landowners. The expenses cheque was for the $$ we told them we spent for the baking & salads. Hopefully the landowners realize that we made way more than for the actual # that showed up. They took away the "leftovers" and we got a few of them, too. I brought home a pkg of my Onion Salad.

I am glad the mugging was not while you were there Sharon, that is scary.

Susan, you are right of course, you prepared and purchased for 50.

The puppies are so cute!! They change so rapidly at this stage.

I am just using OTC Naproxen. I am supposed to take 500 mg 2x per day.

I have LOTS more to do. I still have entry and laundry area halls to paint. I also want to paint all the wood trim around the doors AND the doors white. THAT will take a while. I still need to put 2 headboards in place and buy another 2 more. I don't have curtains up in 2 of the bedrooms, you get the idea. LOTS more to do.

I am still pretty tender from time in the dentist chair. Finally ate some soup for dinner at 8PM.

This message was edited Jul 7, 2023 8:40 AM

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning..
Dull out there, can you believe I got out of bed this morning thinking I had pee’d the bed…everything was so damp, that is just how damp it is..felt like I was in New Orleans,

Hold your guns to be paid for the 50 seeing that number was given to you Susan, you galls worked hard. How did Una’s celebration of life go?

Pat, I go next week to the denturist to see if I can salvage these denture or have to have new ones done which I do not want to do. Hope today you can eat something more substantial. Wow, still tremendous amount of work left for you do do..all doesn’t have to be done in a day you know, are you pleased with the floors, photo please??

Is OTC naproxen an over the counter drug? Have to pick up my script for sleeping pills today so will ask him about it. Dr. Jones usually charges $30 above what she is paid by government but if I pick up a script from pharmacy and drop it off at her office she doesn’t charge it he fee.

Karen are you having your strawberry jam on your toast for breakfast?

That rain yesterday flattened much of the gardens, sad.

This morning I Re arranged the sewing machine and chair in hopes i can sew a bit..did for 15 minutes then could feel it so didn’t push it.

Best I get a move on, need to put a load in the dryer, vacuum and wash upper floors then meet Sharon at her house for Barrie. Been forever since I’ve been to a fabric shop.

Hard to tell what to wear, summer or fall clothing??

Hello everyone.
Susan, congratulations on getting booked again for another fundraiser.
Deb, those puppies are beautiful. I agree, growing very fast.
Pat, sounds like you are getting ready to do the finishing touches on your home.
Betty, I hope you listen to the doctors and keep your hands lowered before your test.
We spent 2 days in New York city. So much to see. The humidity out here is horrible. I can't walk more the 4 to 5 blocks before I have to find a cool place to sit.
Yes, we heard of so many shootings and murders. So sad.
Philly is more smoky than New York from the Canadian fires.
So sad to hear so much has burned up there.
We will be flying home Saturday.
A few photos from out horse carriage ride through Central Park, and the boat ride to see Statue of liberty.

Linda, the horse carriage rides sound so lovely!! Of course I am up for anything horse related! Sounds like you have had a good time & have seen beautiful sights.

OTC, over the counter Naproxen Soidium, it can be hard on some people's stomach. Like most of those meds, it also does thin the blood like aspirin. It's cheap comparatively.

Betty, I don't have to do everything at once, I agree but .... it seems like it takes FOREVER! Mostly because I am not focusing and finishing ONE job. I still don't have everything emptied out of the white dresser that I moved from the sewing area into my bedroom! How silly is that? Mostly the 2 remaining drawers have medical stuff (heating pad, electric stimulation pads for pain relief and various other things like my hand brace). I could drop in a box and put it in the linen closet, that's on todays agenda with a hair cut.

I only can take a couple of trips from my former 4th bedroom back to my Master bedroom/ current bedroom before I am out of oxygen and knees hurt. I've been considering hiring my neighbor boys to help with that. It would be MIUCH faster! I still have more than 1/2 a closet to empty.

The contractor did a GREAT job of sanding out the scratches and putting a new shine on the floor. There is not as much a "color" difference as the photo suggests but the finish is so pretty. Shouldn't be hard to tell the which is before & after pictures. Between the kids, dogs, and improper care the floor really took a beating. All 3 pictures taken of the same area but from different distances, you can see the patio light filtering in. The after picture still shows the old baseboard off & the new yet put on. I painted and put new baseboard on 2 days ago. It is beautiful! I did a good job! I am so grateful to my brother for the loan of his compressor the lesson.

This message was edited Jul 7, 2023 8:22 PM

Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2

the picture does not show the color of the walls accurately, they are a soft yellow. I still don't have the furniture arranged or area rug in, floor lamps etc, let alone art hung.

Thumbnail by psychw2

I love how the floor turned out. Very pretty.
Doesn't look like the photos went through. Trying again.

Central park

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55

Statue of liberty, and skyline photos from the boat tour.

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Una's service was lovely. Lots of singing the old hymns she loved & multiple tributes. They said one from us in Torrington - the Senior's Society & the Wellness Centre. There were a lot less people than I expected but still, lots of those I knew, too.
One of the attendees was our bookkeeper for Wellness & he's asked me to do 5 lap quilts for him & his 4 "kids" from his late wife's clothing. I spent last night sorting the types of material, patterns & colours into 5 groups. She liked stripes - horizontal & vertical and that's for one quilt. Another has springlike colours & flowers, yet another is deep pinks & greys, another is blue/white, blue and yellow, and another is summer colours & pearl grey. Going to be interesting cutting & sewing the stretchier fabric and taking out seams to make backing out of larger pieces. Good thing he's not asking for it right away.

Verona, ON

Good looking crew there LK. I am so glad you are relaxing with your kids.

The temperature was in the mid 80's today but the humidity factor was over 50. I thought about turning the ac off overnight but when I opened the door to let the TH in I was hit with a waft of very warm air. Same for tomorrow.

Oh Deb loved the photos of the pups. Maybe if I keep going back to look at them it will cure my puppy fever. Is the litter already sold ? I perused Kijjii today and didn't see any Rotti puppies that are for sale that I would be interested in getting.

Betty how are you doing with this heat ? I know you have ac so hope you have it on.

I need to go into the village tomorrow and get a few supplies. I'll go early before half the village is awake.

Susan what a lovely idea that man has about gifting his kids and himself with a lap quilt made out of his wife's clothes.

Betty is your TV serviced by Bell or Rogers?

I just heard some blocks of wood hitting the floor so I had better go and see what Zeke is up to out there.

Be kind to yourself ladies.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Elvis Evolution tonight!! I've seen Adam Fitzpatrick twice before, and he's GREAT!

Thank you, Dianne - I'm blessed to be asked to help the family with the lap quilts.

Now, back to paperwork. I'm sending in ALL the paperwork required for the Alberta Gaming & Licencing Corp (AGLC) as we do every year. It's a tedious job with lots of paperwork - bank statements, cheque stubs, invoices and our "reason for being a charitable non-profit org"

UGH paperwork, the bane of our existence!

Memory quilts are so special. I had hoped to get one made for each of Ben's daughters & grandchildren but so far it sure has not happened.

Plugging alone here, a little here, a little there. I had hoped to have the 2 teens for hired help today but so far not. I had texted them and said today sometime or Monday.

One of today's mini projects. It was rusted, the foam deteriorated and flat. This was a stool of Carrie's she wanted "fixed". I have several more projects that are part of my garden art.

Thumbnail by psychw2
Victoria Harbour, ON

Evening, rather a damp day today. I left for Midland at 8:30 and was home by 10, no sooner got home i cut the front grass, didn’t do the Bach as my brother Bernie and his wife charlene dropped in for the afternoon.i did Chinese lunch and we had a lovely visit.

Lindakay, nice to see you with your family enjoying all the city has to offer. I truly enjoyed went I was inside the Statue of Liberty..
Going up in her was quite something spectacular.

Stool is just too adorable.
*ggb/,m,m,m,m,

Fell asleep on you all

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Betty, did you make the obelisk? They are nice.

We got my couch & loveseat moved into place AND my area rug!!! I LOVE that area rug, it was bought about 25 years ago and I have had to store it most of my married life to Ben. Rugs of any kind were NOT Ben's friend, too hazardous. Lots more to do still but it is coming along, mostly lots more painting and curtains to finish.

Adam took 3 more pickup loads out of the shed & backyard. I STILL have both of his freezers (full) and he says probably 3 more pickup loads of stuff before he will have ALL his stuff gone.

I was happy to ride by and view it. These old bones and bad heart just can't walk very much anymore. 4 to 5 blocks is my limit, and I have to sit.
Glad to hear you are slowly getting your home back the way you want it Pat.
Susan, good luck on all that paperwork.

I am excited, it's starting to look like my home and not a construction site or badly abused pet shelter. Linda, I could not walk it either and I think you can walk further than I can at this point!

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Grad party yesterday was a lot of fun. We had a bit of rain but we own enough canopies it wasn't a problem. We also own banquet tables and chairs. Way way back a rental company gave me grief about setting up a canopy. Last time we rented. We enjoy summer parties and have enough of them that it pays to have our own equipment. It's all stored at various houses so who ever has what is needed gets it to where it's needed.
We had the twins for their first family event and we all got in a bunch of baby time. First time for most to see them. Mel had their 1 month photo session. Melanie put them on the quilts I made them. My friend who did the longarming put each of their names into the quilting. Their names are just aboove their heads.
She does the QOVs also and always writes in "Thank You" somewhere.

This message was edited Jul 9, 2023 2:45 PM

This message was edited Jul 9, 2023 2:58 PM

Thumbnail by siliolegma Thumbnail by siliolegma

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.