Morning Glories 2020 #09

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beautiful brugs and morning glories Jackie.
Those brugs love the cooler weather.

Gautier, MS

I was away for 2 days so I missed all my blooms. Glad to be back home. I get to go to my favorite nursery, this time for another milkweed plant and pawpaw trees, more like bushes.
Beautiful blooms Jackie on your peach brug and all those pink blooms. Hope your mgs still keep blooming for you Jackie. It will be a long fall and winter if you have to start putting plants in your greenhouse now. But I guess better early than late.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks girls.
Helena it gets risky this late in Sept. we could have the 1st frost or even a freeze b4 October, I hope not.tho. i didn't get to work in my g house today, instead potted
up a few plants hurting for a bigger pot.. Will try to get green house clean tomorrow and
repot a few overgrown plants.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, hope you get to do what you planned. It's cool here too, we had rain and it's still cloudy. I have to get some of my plants into bigger pots too.
So I have a few new blooms but no name labels, might have repeat pics b/c I took pictures when it was still a bit dark and a few may have been a bit blurry. On Friday I found one huge Chinese praying mantis, and my 13 year old found another on the passion flower vine. They catch and eat hummingbirds so I cannot have them in my garden. Some of my mgs pics from this morning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Here's a few more and clitoria and purple Mexican salvia. I have a bit of very active hummingbirds loading up for their migration!

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, yes I heard that a FEW yrs ago about the praying mantis eating baby hummers. I wonder if its the huge Chinese praying mantis that do that or if our
native p.m. do it too??
Absolutely gorgeous array of mg's this morning and pea vine. I wonder if the
lite blue mg could be the Lite Blue Tie Dye. I know that's not the correct name but my vine I call by that name came out of blue T dye seeds Love your lite blue,, speckled, hige and all the'others..
I didn;t have a Pres Bush bloom this morning. It had been giving me large flushes every day My Plum Surprise gave me a somewhat different pattern due to the cooler weather I think. this was yesterday

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. I have about 3 different lite blue mg vines and I think 2 I don't have labels for. Wish I had made the extra effort of writing labels for all of them.
I love your gorgeous Plum Surprise bloom. I really like the cool weather changes it brings on the blooms colors. I think I read that our native praying mantis kill hummers too. I rather not have them in my garden at all.

Gautier, MS

It's still cool here in this morning, I only have a few repeat blooms. I'm pretty happy with a plant I wasn't expecting to see that I sowed seeds a year ago. Crotolaria has yellow pea like flowers and can grow up to 6ft or more depending when they sprout b/c of the hard shell. I nicked and sowed a few seeds couple of weeks ago so they sprouted a lot faster. I will keep growing them till spring then plant them out if they make it till then. It's a plant for hummers and bees, 2 pics 2nd set with the orange mgs and by itself last picture.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, love your mg blooms even if they are repeats. Right now,. I'd be glad to have some repeats. Gorgeous Clitoria (blue pea vine), mine opened a bloom today too.
Your Crotolaria is amazing with those huge lvs, can't wait to see its blooms next yr.

See the dumped out plants with the mess scattered everywhere, thanks to the raccoons. I have a mess like this to clean up every morning
Blue pea vine
Pres Bush 2 pics
Something I just noticed this past week is my mg's are eat up with white flies,
so are some of my tender lvd plants in the back yard. I held them up and sprayed under the lvs with generic listerine yesterday. I didn;t spray the mg's because I;m just waiting to gather sds from them...

This message was edited Sep 22, 2020 11:24 AM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. The crotalaria is an annual so expecting the blooms to open in a maybe a week or so.
I'm sorry to see the raccoons doing that to your plants. I would be setting my trap for them and relocating them.
Love your pretty clitoria bloom and gorgeous pink blizd blooms.

Thanks Helena. our trap is damaged, still waiting on dh to work on it.
Looking forward to your Crotolaria blooms.

Gautier, MS

I'm looking forward to the crotalaria blooms too and then for the seeds.
It's a little warmer this morning but I'm still getting fewer blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Striking blooms this morning Helena., all perfect.
Beautiful pink blizzard, choc silk and the beauty on the lower right. Hate
it when I can't remember the names.
Your blues are lovely, the solid and the one with bars. Pretty Carnival of Venice,
The raccoons have dug up the same poor plant. I forgot to spray the repel all
on the plastic I have tucked into the top of the pots. they don't like the smell, very repulsive.
Jacobina
Blue Pea vine

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. Another cool morning.
Pretty blooms on your Jacobenia and blue pea vine. Both plants look healthy.
Sorry to hear about the raccoon messing your pot again. I would hate to have that happen to my plants.
I only had one OK bloom this morning. Another surprise was to find one of my monarch caterpillars escape from the enclose to a place to attach itself J position before they go to chrysalis. I have too many caterpillars this time and I'm finding more eggs on my outside plants. I got info on the monarch forum to spray the leaves on my plants that have rust and fungus with a mixture of 3 part water to 1 part hydrogen peroxide, some on soil too. My plants got too much rain on them so I moved them to the patio.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Helena.
Very interesting info about the hydrogen peroxide, that stuff does come in handy for lots of things If I get a cut from anything, that's the 1st thing I reach for.
There was a time you couldn;t find it on the store shelf just like the alcohol shortage
but starting to be available again.
We've had 2 solid days of rain here but trying to clear up now..
Beautiful flaked/blzd pink bloom Helena.

My Count Dracula opened a bloom today but the color is off. This is pretty but I don;t like this color as well as the pale blue with darker blue eye.
Pres Bush
Clitoria ternatea, blue pea vine

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

My goodness. Look at all the beautiful blooms you two are posting. Thanks for sharing them.

Thanks Linda.
My 2nd day Count Drac faded to Lavender
So happy to be getting blooms from the blue pea vine

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
I agree, I think most people find that they need to have rubbing alcohol and hydrogen peroxide. So far I've shared with both my oldest grandkids..
Beautiful blooms Jackie. Glad to see your dracula, pink blzd and clitoria bloming for you.
My blooms from yesterday and today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Incredible blooms for you Helena the last 2 days.
Beautiful Mauve Splash, Clitoria and hige's .
Your blues are out of this world gorgeous
Not to mention the pretty Milky Ways, whites and purples in the last set.
I think I see a Pink Tie Dye too.

No blooms for me today.

Jackie, I love how they change colors. Glad you have a blue bloom on the pea vine.
Helena, those are beautiful.

Linda, I'll carry the blue pea vine to the g house for the winter. I hope she will continue
to bloom for me for a while anyway. I love it when the mg's change colors too.
The raccoons have dug up 2 more pots of mg's. Glad I'm down to just collecting seeds on all but one, flaked Pres Bush

Time for a new thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1544654

This message was edited Sep 28, 2020 11:33 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.