Morning Glories 2020 #09

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. That hige you mentioned is Blueberry twist, I like it a lot too.
Your blooms are beautiful, really love the blue star, that one is special. Also favor your reddish purpurea.
My blooms for today, I'm loving the large black king, lavender chiffon, I got a lav. silk that supposed to be blue silk and a white hige that is supposed to be peppermint twist. And the usual repeat blooms. I have a monarch butterfly that has been laying eggs on the milkweeds and I took pictures of it at the bottlebrush tree.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks Helena,
Gorgeous blooms Helena. I think the bloom i got the other day was just like your Lav Silk that should have been Blue Silk. Beautiful Pink Speckled and Lite blue. Love'your Black and Blue and Black King..Wonderful to see a Lav chiffon again. I started to plant one and just laid my pkt down somewhere.No telling where I laid it. Great pics of your Monarch butterfly.I may have seen just one Monarch all summer.
Same ole blooms today.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Good morning ladies.
All of your blooms are just stunning. All the different colors and patterns.
We haven't had that many butterflies here either. Don't know if it is the heat or what.

Gautier, MS

Love your blooms Jackie. I thought I posted yesterday but I sure did something wrong and not sent it. Your blue star is amazing, the above pink and blue blizd are very pretty too.
I have less blooms today. They needed to be watered so I did that this morning. Butterflies don't come out until mid morning and warmed up by the sun. I've only seen monarch this last 2 weeks, I have more swallowtails. I bought 2 pipevine vines for the Eastern swallowtail pipevine, hoping it lays eggs if they come around once in a while. I have plenty of yellow sulfur butterflies and skippers. Saw loads of bees on the bottlebrush the other day too.
My nicest bloom was still black king and mauve splash from my seeds.

Thanks Helena. Your Black King is a beauty and I love your Mauve Splash. it's lacy and showy. Mine hasn;t even'thought about blooming, somethings wrong with it,. Beautiful speckled's and your white blooms are lovely too. So glad you've got another set of mg's going.
My Plum surprise has been making disfigured blooms. The bugs have caused it. What amazes me is how long it's been blooming and still trying to open blooms. I
will definitely grow this one again next yr, It might just be that Plum surprise got
more sun than some of the other vines,.
Lav not coming out of seeds I had labeled as 25-2013. I need to go back to my 2013 seed pks and I will find the name for this mg.although my blooms did not come true.

Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful morning glory blooms ladies. I love the white group with pink speckles.
Jackie, i love the color of your bloom.

Thanks Linda.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
That is a beautiful blue color Jackie on your Plum surprise. I've blooms that haven't come true from seed this year too. Some are from my old seeds. The bugs are coming out too I have a few this morning with holes that were munched on so not posting any of those.
I released 3 monarchs yesterday with my great grand daughter and my 13 year old.
This morning I have already teeny monarch caterpillars that are hatching on the milkweeds. I will release 2 more monarchs later today after they eclose the proper word for their appearance out of the chysalis. I think I have to find more milkweed plants, I might have too many babies. The blue bloom is Asa Kumo and mauve splash was kinda plain this morning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, sorry i didn;t explain the id's correctly. I didn;t send the Plum surprise blooms yesterday since they were disfigured. That was my Lavender not I sent. I;m just amazed that Plum /surprise is still ,making blooms although they are ugly now. It was the 1st one to bloom on my carport and might be my last one to bloom.
Beautiful Carnival of Venice bloom and Blueberry Twist hige
Asa Kumo is lovely and Mauve Splash is a beauty even when she doesn;t make the pattern that we usually see.Nice Plum star bloom
You're taking good care of your butterflies and catterpillars, making sure they have enough food etc

Messed up Plum Surprise bloom from yesterday
Blue Pea vine had to get in close since the bloom is small
Pres Bush
Lav Not
Another Pres Bush

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks for the info Jackie. Neat Plum surprise bloom. I think Pea vine blooms are really neat. Pres. Bush blooms are pretty too and I love your Lav. Not.
I had a nice bloom from I think it's black and blue fuji. I have too many white blooms I was not expecting but I like the pink fuchsia blooms. My white ginger had another blooms and it really had a sweet scent when I passed by it, no wonder all the bugs on it.

Good morning ladies.
I love all your beautiful blooms you are posting.
Helena, glad to hear you have lots of luck with your butterflies.

Helena, beautiful white blooms you're getting this summer. Is that your ginger lower right 1st set? Wish I had something fragrant blooming but I don't.
Love your pretty Black King, Black and Blue Fuji and those showy speckleds. Is that
a Pink Tie Dye I see 3rd set?

Plum Surprise opened 2 damaged blooms this morning, she has been amazing,
opening blooms longer than any of my other vines.and with all the bugs attacking her., gathered some seed pods from her today
Pretty blue out back,
Red purp.
Pink silk, same as Pink Asago all the plastic because I;m trying to keep the raccoons from digging up these vines
Pres Bush
Edited to say Plum Surprise not Purple Surprise

This message was edited Sep 13, 2020 11:22 AM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
I'm glad you was able to collect seeds from purple surprise, it made some awesome blooms for you. Love your blue star too and the red purp. Pink silk and your pink Pres
Bush have really pretty blooms.
That pink you asked about probably is a pink tie dye, don't think I have a label for it.
I have 2 new baby blue color blooms, one is from Dany's dinum (sp?) the other too not for if I labeled it or not. Most were nice blooms. Another butterfly eclosed yesterday (male has those 2 dots, one on each bottom side) I let it go later in the afternoon.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena gorgeous blooms this morning. I love the Mauve Splash and Black King.
Beautiful soft blues and your pinks are amazing with the speckled's and the lovely color blocks of bright pink.on the white or lite pink background.. I wonder if the lite blue with white bars is a Fuji? I love it.
Great pic of the young Monarch..
Blue/Purple Tie Dye, high wind almost destroyed the bloom
5 or more Pres Bush blooms today The pattern always varies by bloom
His leaves were so healthy just a week or two ago, now he's eat up with bugs.
I want to gather sds so I might have to spray one more time to keep my sd pods from being damaged.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms ladies.
Love the monarch butterfly too.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. I am enjoying the blooms I'm getting even if some have defects. Also trying to find plant food sources for my swallowtail butterflies larva. Queen Anne's lace is one that I had and now want to grow, fennel too, parsley even carrots.
Jackie, your blue purple tie dye bloom is beautiful, so huge. So pretty to have that many pink blooms on trellis.
I won't be spraying my plants b/c of the butterfly caterpillars.

Thanks Helena, The blue/purple tie dye was lovely even if it was torn by the wind
Maybe just a few more blooms from my blizzard Pres Bush b4 it finishes.
A convenience store near me has beautiful Queen Annes lace in April..
I had something rather strange on my kitchen window the last 2 nights, both a walking stick and praying mantis.
the praying mantis was huge and I thought they were going to fight,but the smaller walking stick took off.

It looks like you two ladies have a storm about to hit. Please stay safe.

Linda, I didn;t see anything about it on the weather, unless I missed it. I was'running in and out feeding my dog and a stray kitty up the road.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, I've read that the huge praying mantis are from China (I think) probably brought in on by shipping produce. Our native praying mantis are a lot smaller.
We got just a bit of rain overnight from the storm but expecting a lot more. I'm praying this storm isn't too bad.
I got some nice blooms this morning. The chocolate are new, the rest are repeats

Helena, very interesting about the praying mantis, I need to read up about them. I remember when I was a kid, I leaned over and picked up an unusual stick, it moved and I tossed it because it startled me. It was a 6 inch long walking stick, never seen one that'big since.,
Gorgeous blooms Helena., Love the pinks and purples in the 1st set, the lovely soft blues in # 2 and the beautiful speckled's.
Lav Saz opened one more bloom after I thought she was finished

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Gorgeous Lav Saz bloom Jackie. I don't think I would have liked to pick up a living bug stick that big either. Those are weird bugs.

Beautiful blooms ladies. I love all the beautiful colors.
Stay safe in the storms. Lots of rain expected to fall.

Thanks Helena and Linda.
I think we are going to luck out and miss the rain from Sally.
DGS helped me yesterday and pulled most of the weeds in my g house.
Cool wind blowing here the last couple of days and the nights cooler. Fall is in'the
air.
Pres Bush
white purp on fence
Lav not
Another purpurea

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie. Your morning glories are beautiful.
Glad you had help pulling weeds.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, beautiful blooms. Awesome blue purple bloom, love the red purp too. Wish I could send you our rain from this storm. Been raining all day and it's not over yet. I didn't even go outside to check my plants. My hummers have been very active though.

Thanks girls. The rain completely missed us. The horse pasture is very dry needing some rain. Maybe we'll catch rain from the other tropical storms.
Still have tons of work to do in the greenhouse with plastic missing and dgs didn;t get all the weeds. When it gets this late into Sept, it can come a frost. anytime.I feel
the pressure now to get it done.

Gautier, MS

Sorry the rain missed you Jackie. But thank God we were spared the worse of the storm with just a bit of wind and wind, probably flooding in some low areas.
Sad to see Alabama and Fl. get the worse.
I had a few blooms this morning, it was still windy. Going to have clean up of small branches and leaves. I have my green house to clean up inside too. If we get cool weather it won't be too bad to do it.
The first set of pictures is from before the storm, I had a surprise pink bloom from the wild plant. I think the seed was planted there a few years back.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena,. finally got to see the weather and Sally hitting on the southeast part of Ms. Glad you escaped the worst of it.
All beautiful blooms this morning Helena. Love your red Passion flower.Lovely pink mg that same set and I like the smaller bloom in pink or lavender, Reminds me of one of the moon vines (MG) like turbinata but turbinata has huge leaves
Gorgeous soft blues and the pink star mg on the bottom is to die for. Is the small'pink bloom in the middle right your wild plant? I love the bloom, send a pic if its lvs when
you can.

Only Pres Bush blooms today
Pink Ginger in the back yard

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

So glad to hear the storms missed you both. It sure hit the coast pretty hard.

I love all your beautiful blooms.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. Jackie, the wild pink lav. mg is on the middle first set of pictures. The other pink bloom is the pink tie dye that the wind was blowing the bloom to close. But I will take a picture of the leaves later today. Have to go do errands this morning
Beautiful mg blooms Jackie and neat ginger bloom.
My blooms today.

Love all of your blooms this morning Helena.
Beautiful soft blues, with and without the pretty bars.
Gorgeous Clitoria and passion flower. Love the'
pretty little peachy orange bloom and all those
beauties in the 3rd set.
Must be the last hurrah from my Pres Bush flaked blooms
We have cool days and nights coming tomorrow
and the weekend which will most likely end my blooms,
lows in the 50's and high's in the 70's.
red purpurea,.
my favorite green leaved Begonia
can't tell if this mg bloom is all white

This message was edited Sep 17, 2020 7:59 PM

awesome blooms today. Sad to think cold weather will be here soon.

I hate to see the cold weather too Linda. Especially with all that went on this summer
including Covid 19 and the hurricanes. Not to mention my disappointing growing season. smh

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
Beautiful blooms Jackie. I think your last bloom is the pink silk with the pink edges curled under barely visible. Love your pink blzd blooms especially when there's a bunch of blooms from it. pretty red purp and pretty begonia leaves too.
I'm happy with my blooms this morning. A huge chocolate bloom with a light stripe, so maybe it's a blzd.. My mauve splash is making these nice blooms. I'm posting 2 collages and then repeat pic of the chocolate and mauve splash.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, those are beautiful.

I think you're right about the Pink Silk Helena.
Beautiful lite blue blooms and Pink Tie Dye.
Lovely Chocolate Silk, amazed at her impressive size.
Your Mauve splash is a beauty. I never did find mine.
My flaked/blzd Pres Bush was my only mg open this morning
Going down to the 50's tonight., time to get everything back in the g house.

Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful president bush bloom Jackie.

Thanks Linda.
I found my Mauve Splash, no wonder it never did anything, practically dead in the
pot. It was weak, transplanted too late after all it's energy was used up, it never did grow any more,
That's what happens to my mg's when I leave them in the small cups way too long.

This message was edited Sep 20, 2020 12:08 PM

The only mg still blooming except for the purps out back.
My variegated Brug had a nice flush. the blooms just starting to turn peachy.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.