Morning Glories 2020 #06

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We were here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1537977

From last yr

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

I tried to send more pics but the system is doing something crazy again, smh

Sunset, LA

Here's a pic from 2018. I know the seeds for this one came from one of you guys, but I can't find my notes. Sorry for forgetting and thank you for the absolutely gorgeous jmg.

Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch

That's beautiful Lizzie. Actually I'd say stunning

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie.
I agree with Jackie, stunning bloom. I had one that was similar from Mauve Splash to Star and Stripes but not sure, yours is much better Lizzie.
Took these pictures before it started to rain so far a light shower.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Pretty blooms Helena.
Looking for rain here too for the next 2 or 3 days.
We had a couple of really hard downpours.yesterday.
I finally got the last 6 or 7 mg's potted up.
I wanted to start 5 or 6 more that will have to be moved to the
green house before cold sets in.
# 1 Purple Ga Strait 2019
# 2 Spec mg 2019
# 3 Dany's 269??? White with pretty hint of blue 2019

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

Seeing all those beautiful blooms makes me miss the ones at our old house. We never planted them, but they appeared in our front garden in several colors! Unfortunately, my parents had a hanging pot of english ivy that touched the ground and eventually smothered them all out!
My new mg sprouts are coming along, but I see a couple of bug holes on them! Is it safe to spray them when they're that small?

CatalystSwitch, I'm originally from New Orleans, but we moved away when I was 6 or 7.
I hope Lizzie gets settled in to the new house soon so new gardening can begin!

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread Jackie.

Beautiful blooms everyone.

Sunset, LA

Definitely a sucker for those purple youjiros, Helena. They seem to be extra prolific compared to other colors. Jackie, love that Spec mg 2019. Beautiful color combination!

Sunset, LA

2018 again, think this was probably Murakumo? Having to add all these Japanese words into my phone's dictionary, the autocorrects are super weird.

Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch

Thanks ladies.
Lovely Murakumo Lizzie. Reminds me of the way my Purple TDye would make the regular bloom and then produce, the much lighter but no less beautiful pattern,.
Ky woods, I never spray for a few holes in my leaves . Its the spider mites that do most of the damage to my mg's. Maybe let your vines get a little bigger and if the holes still bother you, spray a cotton ball with your bug spray and apply to the tops and bottoms of your lvs. Make sure your plant is hydrated first.

Gautier, MS

Thanks everyone. Yes that youjiro vine seems to make more blooms than the others.
Love your blooms Jackie. Good advice Jackie. I would check the back of the leaves you might find baby caterpillars munching on them. Sometimes I get snails or slugs too.
Pretty blooms on your Murakumo Lizzie. I'll take your word on the spelling. I have too many senior moments on names anymore.
Todays blooms, My Saz has made more buds for the next few days so hope I get better blooms. Repeat pic of Saz bloom.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Your Saz is out of this world beautiful Helena.

Helena, those are so pretty. I love the ruffles on the light blue.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. I'm looking forward to more blooms from my Saz vine.
Today I received my tropical plant order from Almost Eden Plants. They have new colors of porterweed plant that I wanted and salvia hot lips that I lost years ago. Pretty happy with my order since the plants came with some blooming already.

Helena, so much fun to get in a new order of plants or just go to town
and purchase them locally. I have to be careful since I might not have room in my greenhouse this fall.I should have had a plant sale anytime in the last few years but'just didn;t get the prep done to have a sale, pricing, cleaning up the pots etc.
My Murasaki opened today, should have had a pattern but didn;t. I'll see what future blooms look like,.

Thumbnail by patootie
Sunset, LA

Gorgeous Sazanami, Helena and stunning Murasaki, Jackie. They all look so healthy, too.

Beautiful bloom Jackie.

Thanks ladies, this vine and the pink that will open tomorrow or in a couple of days both have spider mites. Been trying to make time to spray, maybe I can get it done tomorrow.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.
Love your bloom Jackie. Murasaki is one of my favorites. Hope you get to spray for the spider mites Jackie. I'm trying to rake leaves and get some of my plants repotted. Same blooms blooming today.

Thanks Helena,
Your Milky way has made perfect blooms all summer. Just amazes me. no torn petals or any defects of any kind.
Gorgeous Saz and I love the white infused with pink. Do you have a name for that one?
Debs pretty pink did open today.
Hubby put out what was left of his watermelon, the raccoons loved it

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Glad you got Debs bloom to open.
I think the bloom on top might be Emma's "Pretty Woman" the one below it might be pink mist with the white center on this mornings post. I need to look at the labels when I take pictures. I collected seeds from a little while ago from Twilight mix vine, Hama no Murasaki only 2 stingy seeds, and the Ip. nil with white blooms.

Beautiful blooms ladies. Such beautiful colors.

Thanks Helena and Linda.
Thanks for the names Helena. Emma's Pretty woman is gorgeous.
I like Pink Mist too.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Pink mist had a bloom today too. Also took a pic of my new porterweed and yellow agastache. Jackie, I noticed a neighbor a couple of streets with a pretty large yellow trumpet plant growing in the ground. It looked like 5 to 6 ft tall.

Those are beautiful Helena.

Nice find on your Porterweed and Agastache Helena.
Pretty Pink Mist with the white eye.
My Murasaki opened a new bloom today but the pic didn't turn out good
You can see the spider mite damage. The mg with the big tuber is a night blooming mg, a pink moonvine. I've never seen a bloom, maybe this yr,

Thumbnail by patootie

Lost my post with pics attached. My computer doing something strange.
This was a rebuilt Dell bet I have to buy a new one.
Debs pretty pink

Thumbnail by patootie

Sending 1 pic at a time since i don;t know whats wrong with my computer
My only amaryllis to open this yr, did npt bloom in the winter or early spring

Thumbnail by patootie

Soft pink water lily

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Great looking too.
It seems that we can't get away from bugs on plants. Hope you can spray for the mites. I'm glad I don't have mites on my plants now but the other bugs have done their damage to the leaves.
Just a few blooms here, the pink is of "pretty woman".

Sorry to hear you are having computer problems Jackie

I love both of your blooms today.

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

Thanks for the advice on my baby mgs, everyone! It's hot and humid out now, but I will look for caterpillars in the morning.

Thanks Helena and Linda.
Gorgeous blooms Helena. Love your Saz and the
pretty Pink woman. She resembles Pink Tie Dye a lot.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. I also think "pretty woman" resembles china doll a bit too.

A bloom from pink mist; and hama no murasaki would have been a pretty bloom if it wasn't for the defects damage. Surprising that milky has pretty blooms but the leaves are awful looing.
Hope you find what's munching on your leaves KyWoods.
Waiting to see your blooms Jackie.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Pretty blooms Helena.
I ran out of spray yesterday for the spider mites.
Murasaki and Debs pretty pink the only mg vines to open for me so far.
Will be a gap b4 the others open
2 of my gingers, hoping for blooms soon
A few of my younger mg';s coming along
Love the ditch lily's

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Love your beautiful mgs Jackie. Your ginger and mg seedlings look great. Love the orange color of your lily's.
My seedling in the laundry room are starting to take off.

Beautiful blooms Jackie and Helena. Love all the colors.

Thanks Helena and Linda.

Gautier, MS

Just didn't get on computer yesterday. So a few blooms from yesterday and today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.