Morning Glories 2020 #06

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Love your sunflowers Helena.
I have some bad seeds too, came from Ebay.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
It feels so hot even this early in the morning.
My mgs are just about done and not liking this hot weather.
I'm glad I have a bunch of tropical blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Sunset, LA

Helena, pretty sunflowers! Bet the hummingbirds and butterflies love your yard.

Beautiful blooms Helena. Love all your milkweeds'
and pretty Salvia's.
Debs pretty pink and
my new ginger still looking good
an 1889 Begonia hybrid Sylvan Triumph

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Lizzie and Jackie.
Lizzie, I had hummingbirds early this spring but they migrated North. I'm sad to say I haven't seen any for weeks now that I even took down all my feeders, first time ever during the summer. When I see any then I'll put my 3 feeders, I do have blooms for them. It will be nice to see them when they start their migration South.
Pretty bloom Jackie on Debs pink, I like your ginger bloom too and neat leaves on your begonia.

Gautier, MS

Wasn't bad outside this morning, I had to water my plants and to my surprise my friend turtle followed me to the patio to get fed cherries.
On the collage the light pink bloom is from Pretty Woman, I didn't see it until after I watered my plants.

Pretty blooms Helena. The lovely blue on the bottom of the collage is still one of my favorites. Your Pretty woman bloom reminds me of Blushing Bride
The turtle knows he can always get a meal in your yard.
The storms missed us last nite and we're thankful as they were supposed to be
strong.
I didn't have any new blooms, none at all from my other vines.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beautiful blooms ladies. It has been triple digits here. Not much is blooming but my roses. And they are small flowers. Not big like they normally are.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
It's really hot here but it rained here this morning and I think cooled us off a bit. The sun is out though.
I took these pics this morning.

Linda, my dad once told me Del Rio was the hottest place he had ever been to. lol
Helena, I'm surprised your hummers don't stay there, I didn't know it gets too'hot for the hummers.
Even though the storms missed us night b4 last, the one a couple of nights prior got my cedar tree I had been begging hubby to cut down.
My Plum Surprise opened another lite colored bloom. Just happy to have any blooms.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms ladies.

It is 112 right now.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful bloom Jackie. That's one way of getting trees cut down with a storm.
I used a small hand saw to cut down small trees a few of my small trees that were growing in the wrong places. I would love to cut down a couple of huge trees I have growing in my yard.

Thanks ladies.
Helena, that cedar tree was so heavy. Ds and I thought we could lift it up and take it to the burn pile. no way, it was much heavier than it looked. Might have been the way we tried to pick it up. Here it is laying on its side after the storm got it.
We need to cut down a couple of large trees too. My oak tree has gall but I still wouldn't cut it down, maybe just trim off the top growth and side branches.

Linda, I couldn't handle 112. I wouldn't be able to breathe outside.

Thumbnail by patootie

That is a huge tree.
When it is this hot, I stay inside, in front of the ac vents. I step outside and that heat just sucks the life out of me.

Gautier, MS

That tree looks huge Jackie. You would have to cut it into several big pieces to be able to carry it.
If it didn't cost an arm and a leg I'd love to cut a couple of ours that grew in the wrong places. We have a tree that is dying, the top 12ft is dead branches, so I just wait till they fall.
Linda, I don't blame you for staying inside. It has felt that hot here too these last couple of days.
Just a few blooms for today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Linda, that's what the heat does to me too, even if I felt great before I stepped outside.
Helena, it used to cost about 1200.00 a tree here to have one cut down, that was yrs ago. No telling how much it is now. We have dead wood falling especially during a storm. We have to hope it doesn't hit us on the head or fall on one of my animals.
Pretty blooms Helena. your purple mg has been a prolific bloomer and still going strong. Love all your tropical's.
My Plum Surprise made an even lighter bloom today. almost looked white 1, 2, and 3
Debs Pink, I love this mg, her blooms don't tear like Murasaki
Cracklin Rosie Begonia. Her leaves are very thick, reminds me of Beg Josephine's
leaves.
I lost my post after uploading the 1st pic, and my pic looked to be missing so I uploaded the 1st one again
So thats why its on here twice.. So now thinking its my computer, just when I don't want to be out a lot of money, smh

This message was edited Jul 14, 2020 11:58 AM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Murasaki finally opened another bloom

Thumbnail by patootie

I love all your beautiful blooms you are both posting. Very pretty.

Thanks Linda

To the new thread

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1542981

This message was edited Jul 14, 2020 11:26 PM

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Love all the colors, awesome. Happy to see them blooming for you.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.