Morning Glories 2020 #06

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Helena, I meant to tell you the other day that your Hibiscus
is beautiful. Lovely blue star and is that an indica in 1 of the frames?
Gorgeous tropicals, love your Clitoria, porterweed, and pink powder puff,
I was hoping my Mandevilla , white with pink throat, would open today, maybe tomorrow if the rain doesn;t destroy the bloom.
1 more pic of my Amaryllis, I love the color of this one, can';t remember its name
my Justica
Lavender Saz from 2019

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beautiful blooms ladies.

Helena, what is the pink and white, in the last group? Bottom right.

Sunset, LA

Gorgeous blooms, guys. Finally soaking seeds here while my dad's plants are already starting to climb. Got this seed pack and thought "psshh, is that tricolor on the cover?". But inside, most of the seeds are definitely nil (the smaller ones look more like Kikyo than purpurea)and several of those seeds were blonde. We are STILL working on closing on that house. Hopefully we will be done by the end of July.

Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch
Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. Jackie that is indica on 3rd set. Linda the one your asking is Abelia, it's growing in a pot with a thick root that went into the ground. I need to dig around it and get the whole plant into the ground without the pot.
That is a beautiful bloom on your Amaryllis Jackie. I like your Justica too and beautiful lav saz.
Lizzie, what are your neat soaking tubes? Hope you close on the house soon. It looks like a good selection of blooms on that seed envy. The mg vine look good too.
If I go to Louisiana this weekend I hope to visit a couple of plant nursery that have become my favorites.
Thisis a pic of a albino hummer I copied from one of the hummingbirds forums on FB. I'd be thrilled to see one in my yard. I haven't downloaded a few pics I took today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

I have never seen those tunes.
I would love to see an albino hummer too.

Sunset, LA

Helena, my mom is a nurse. The tubes are what the syringes are packaged in and they normally just get thrown away. There are a lot in there specifically from you guys- a few Dany's, Angel's Halo, etc. Can't wait.

Lizzy, love your seed vials, neat!! Your dads mg looks great.
The lovely Blue Silk makes blonde seeds as do several other mg's.
Glad you got some seeds planted Liz. can move those pots to your new house
and enjoy blooms the rest of the summer,.
I have a new ginger, will send pics tomorrow.

This message was edited Jun 30, 2020 8:31 PM

My new ginger, my others are different as they don't have the red stripe down the center of each leaf.
Helena thank you, missed your last post and Lizzie's as well.
Unbelievable albino hummer, never seen one.
Helena, I forgot to ask you was that a Clerodendron ugandense in the photo
with your other tropicals. The beautiful butterfly clerodendron/clerodendrum

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks gals.
Lizzie, I like your vials, I use little plastic cups which take a lot of room.
Looking forward to when your vines bloom.
I haven't been lucky enough to see an albino hummingbird either Linda.
Jackie, yes that is the blue flowers of clerodendrum ugandense. I see a couple of green seeds on it. I wonder if they would germinate? Have to google it.
Pretty ginger bloom Jackie. I hope to see blooms on mine this year.
Picture of blooms from clitoria, blooms from yesterday and today.

This message was edited Jul 1, 2020 12:31 PM

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, I miss my butterfly Clerodendrum. It just grew so large 6 feet tall and as wide taking up too much room in ,my old green house.
Your Clitoria is beautiful, I hope to get blooms on mine before too long.
Pretty mg's and Abutilon.

Jackie that ginger plant is so pretty.

Helena, your blooms are beautiful today. Nice variety of colors.

Thanks Linda.

This is the blister blight. It wasn't there a few days ago but now, after all this rain, it has covered my pandy by at least 1/3 of the vine.I didn;t spray in time so now the
looks of my vine is ruined, smh
Pic # 2 is the blight on a weed on the ground right below my pandy. It has spread
from that weed.
I might take my scissors and cut off as much of the affected vine as I can.
Since this vine gets mildew every yr, I had been trimming back all the new growth
to prevent having so many layers of this vine which encourages the mildew. The vine is so thick that air doesn;t get thru to the bottom layers so it can't, dry out,
thus mildew..

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

I thought my pretty Mandevilla would be open by now, but no
Down Home Begonia, one of my favorites, a hybrid by Naron Stewart
of Texas.
A closeup of Down Home
This is either Juanita Jewell or Nakomis Begonia.I need to look it up, it's huge
Sanseveria blooming, I should have captured it b4 the blooms got so top heavy

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Sorry about your pandy Jackie. But your begonias and other plants look good.
I worked on getting a lot of my tropicals and salvias into pots. I'm tired and relaxing now.
I was happy to see a swallowtail butterfly today. It look like it was through a hard time.

Beautiful blooms every one.
Sorry to hear you're having mildew problems Jackie.

Thanks girls.
Helena that's a pretty large leaf plant your swallowtail has landed on. Pretty white
flowers on it too. Love your pretty pink mg.
Helena, glad you got to rest this afternoon. I should have but ended up making a run to WalMart.
Linda, it doesn't have the mildew yet. I;ve been fighting to keep it off the vine
by cutting off all the new growth. I swear the blisters (which is a blight) were not there a week ago. that's how quickly it moved to the pandy vine because of all the rain I suppose

This message was edited Jul 4, 2020 12:25 PM

My Mandevilla with the lite pink throat finally opened today. So much rain it will probably ruin the blooms.
my 1st pandy opened today too
Justica
Murasaki
Debs pink

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Those are beautiful blooms Jackie.

Thanks Linda

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Love the colors on all of them.
I'm back home now. Got to go to my favorite nursery and naturally bought plants. I'm interested in milkweed plants for butterflies. I'll get pics later.

Gautier, MS

These are the new plants I got from the LA nursery. The giant milkweed has really big blooms and is a tropical plant from Philippines (Asia part of the world). Also bought a red porterweed, yellow cestrum just because it had so many blooms on it, and a red firespike and another milkweed but no pic. My erythrina has been blooming and white lily just opened a bloom. I got the orange hibiscus into a bigger pot so it's happier.

Beautiful new flowers Helena. Is that large blue/lilac flower your giant milkweed?
I didn't know they came in that color. Very pretty. Love all your new plants. Which one is the Erythrina? is it the one to the right of the Hibiscus. Your firespike to the left'of the Hibiscus?

Still the same 2 mg's blooming for me. I think a few of my others have tiny buds so will be a while b4 I see blooms on them
My Plumeria almost thru blooming
2 Begonias that came without name tags from Farmers Market, had them for several years. No way to determine the names with so many hybrids out there
Well I see DG did something strange with my pics. B4 I hit send the 1st one was not on the preview 2 times smh

This message was edited Jul 6, 2020 12:43 PM

Heres the 2nd Begonia I tried to send
My arum with pretty orange berries. I missed the flower spathes.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Oh my! I love all your beautiful blooms ladies. Thanks for sharing them.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. You guessed all the blooms right Jackie, the erythrina bidwili(sp?) was really high up so I didn't get a good picture.
Your blooms are beautiful Jackie. The colors of the pink red mg and the blue purple are awesome and plumeria too. Neat begonia and arum plants too.

Thanks Linda and Helena.

Happy Birthday Catalyst Switch, Lizzie, Hope you have a great one.
Have you closed on your house?

My Plum Surprise opened today, much lighter than it was the year
this seed was produced. First 2 pics, one lighter than the other (same bloom)
White Mandevilla/lite pink throat

Is it my computer, I wonder, or DG showing my pics aren;t there then returning by magic when I select them again ending up with double captures??

This message was edited Jul 8, 2020 12:15 PM

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Glad the morning glory finally opened for you.

Happy birthday Lizzie.

This message was edited Jul 8, 2020 3:35 PM

Gautier, MS

Happy Birthday Lizzie. Hope your day was great.

Beautiful blooms Jackie. I love the light blue color and your mandevilla bloom too.
Well, I only have very few blooms from my vines. Maybe they fixed the downloading issue Jackie. It does switch the pictures around from when they are first uploaded. I bought these pink and white pentas when I went to get more dirt yesterday.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

Wonderful blooms, ladies! My infant plants are just now starting to vine. I never did see what is munching them. They're still growing though.

Thanks girls.
Helena, beautiful mg blooms. Love your new Pentas and the
pretty Abutilon.

Helena, those are beautiful blooms. Love the new pink plant.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.
Glad your mgs are vining KyWoods.
I got my 8 seedlings into bigger pots today, clean pots fresh soil outside 3ft apart. So hope the bugs don't come after them in a new area away from the others. I think there isn't as many bugs as before. Jackie I'm afraid to use the systemic stuff I bought on them.
I noticed my white butterfly ginger had a nice bloom today, it hasn't bloomed in a couple of years so I'm glad to see it.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Gorgeous hige Helena. Love your pretty Hedychium ginger.

Ky Woods, Yes good that your mg's are vining. Hope you started them in pots so you can take them in if they don't bloom b4 cold weather.

Sunset, LA

Still here, just admiring everyone's blooms from the sidelines. Should be closing on the house in about 3 weeks. Way too far off to be starting this many, but I can't stand it anymore.

Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch

beautiful blooms Helena.

Lizzie, can't wait to see your blooms. Looks like you have quite a few.

Glad you got some going Lizzie.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.
Love seeing all your seedlings Lizzie. I'm soaking a few more, wondering how if I get them to grow. A lot of my seeds have been bad.
My great granddaughters sunflowers bloomed, the blooms are on the small side.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, those are so pretty. I love sunflowers.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.