Morning Glories 2020 #03

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beautiful morning glories Helena.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
Jackie, that's what I meant by seeds. Pull them up and they seem to fall all over. They do have pretty little blooms.
I have 2 new blooms but not what I expected again except for the dark color. My roses too.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Beautiful dark mg's Helena.. # 3 pic is a perfect bloom I love # 1 but can't
ever remember its name. Lovely roses too

Helena, thos are beautiful. Love the speckled one. And your roses are awesome.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. I can't think of the name for that one either Jackie. Sometimes names just don't matter.
One last bloom from the Azuremores vine. It's done. The Kikyo keeps blooming and my roses.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

The little speckled Kikyo is just gorgeous Helena. I love that last bloom from
Azuremores too. Nice lily and pretty colors on your Roses
I replanted the 2 mg's from ebay that did not sprout, suspicious that she sold me old seeds, smh.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. A few of my seeds haven't sprouted either or simply die a short time later. This year I have a lot less vines growing than in previous years. I planted snow peas and I hope my pretty peas come up.
I have a milky way cross with almost barely visible marks and an ip nil volunteer bloom that opened this morning, it's white with pink ring center. Salvia Mexicana started blooming too.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helena especially the Kikyo and # 3.
I planted Acnistus australis and have 8 of them up. A plant I'always wanted.
Hope I can grow it to blooming size, at least one of them. I have red leaved Dolichos vines up too
Now I need to plant my Pandorea seeds..

Beautiful blooms Helena.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
Glad your seeds are coming up too. I think I've tried growing Acnistus too long time ago. Don't know about Dolichos but it has a neat name.
We finally had a good storm last night with winds and rain. I've been enjoying my hummer today and last couple of day.
My seven sister roses are blooming, same mgs today. A new bloom tomorrow maybe.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Love your photos Helena. Beautiful morning glories. Those speckled ones are very pretty. I have always loved the seven sisters Rose's. Such a beautiful plant. Great shots of the hummingbird too.

Helena, the Acnistus is in the same family as the Brugs., solanacea
Just much smaller blooms. I made the mistake of planting them in a regular 6 pack so I have to be very careful when I move them to an 8 oz cup so they can grow a little.
the seeds were very tiny like dust almost. The Dolichos is the lab-lab bean, fun to grow
Like Linda, I;m very partial to your speckled Kikyo but the 1st mg bloom is beautiful too.Very pretty Rose, the bloom looks almost lavender in one of the pics.

Jackie, I had to look up that name acnistus. It looks similar to a cigar plant, but the one photo I saw, it was a beautiful dark purple.

Linda, it makes little miniature angel trumpets, this one is Acnistus australis, it will be almost a blue. I think its beautiful since its blue and some call it the blue Brug.
Its also called Iochroma and theres different varieties.(hybrids)
Theres a great pic of this plant on either ebay or amazon, i think ebay.

Thanks for the info Jackie.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
I have grown Iochroma, a hummingbird plant and it comes in many different colors now even a light pink. It can't take frost though.
A new mg this morning but the cold weather affected it not wanting to open. I think this is called garnet star (2ndpic) from ebay seller but turned out lighter than his picture shows.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena. Yes saw the pretty light pink last nite. It's a beauty.. These plants are
all tropical. Mine will be green house grown at least in the winter
Your blooms are gorgeous today.Pretty new mg and love the dark color on the 1st mg. Enjoying your passion flower too.
Time for a new thread

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1531953

This message was edited Apr 11, 2020 11:25 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.