Morning Glories 2020 #03

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Happy birthday Jackie. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks Linda

Gautier, MS

Happy Birthday Jackie. Hope you are having a great day.
Hope you did a few of your errands. Always good to see something left on the shelves in the stores. I found wipes(clorox) the other day so that was good.
I'm not good at taking extra meds, glad I don't have to take any. Maybe a sinus pill off and on.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Helena, Just another day here.
DH and I take bp meds, statins etc. I would like to substitute with something natural
Our allergies have been awful even b4 spring arrived.
Love your pretty mg and I can;t believe how large your turtle visitor is getting,

Helena, I love your photos. That morning glory is beautiful. Glad to see your turtle is back.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. I always will enjoy having turtles around.
Finally got all my mg seedlings in bigger pots. The purpureas are looking really good and taking off. Now I'll wait on these to take off too.
Two blooms today, Hannahubuki cross with stripes instead of solid color with star.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Those are beautiful Helena.

Beautiful blooms Helena.
Today dh put up plastic so the field swallows can't make nests on my porch and carport. I hated to do it but every summer I have to spend a lot of time cleaning up
bird droppings, just too much work for an old lady.
Glad you got your mg seedlings into bigger pots. I see I have just 2 of my newly planted seeds sprouted. I;ll try to start a few more this evening.. I don;t soak mine Helena so sometimes it takes them a while to sprout.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.I don't blame you Jackie for doing what's best for you. I'm all for less work.
Soaking the seeds is a habit for me cuz then I know which ones are more likely to sprout. I'm too impatient on the waiting part.

Helena, I;ve got so many pots of rooted cuttings just sitting on my bar, that I don;t even have room for soaking cups, smh. I need to get rid of those cuttings and
then I could soak a few mg sds. I get tired of the waiting too.

Gautier, MS

Sounds like a lot of cuttings Jackie. You've been busy. I soaked some purpurea, higes and some ip nil seeds yesterday. This morning I sowed them into their bigger pots instead of the usual little cups. I had from 2, 3 to 5 seeds in each pot. A lot more more the other way.
One mg bloom this morning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena that bloom is beautiful. I love the color.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda. Hope Jackie is ok. I saw on the news yesterday that a tornado did a lot of damage North of Little Rock.
Two mg blooms this morning. The Kikyo speckled was supposed to be blue rayed star from Emma's seeds. My new Clementi's with a huge purple bloom. My salvia blooms too.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

I'm ok Helena, the tornado was well north of me in Jonesboro,
A lot of damage there but no fatalities thank goodness.
Love your gorgeous blooms this morning, lovely dark purple Clematis.
The speckled Kikyo is a beauty.
2 of my mg sds from Ebay have not germinated, I hope I didn't get taken with old seeds.

Beautiful blooms. They sure do put a smile on this old face, as we are forced to stay home.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. Glad to hear you are ok Jackie. Glad too there weren't any fatalities. I have another clematis to open soon. A few buds an a few of my mg vines are forming too. I did loose a couple of my seedling too, not sure if I kept them too long in cups, they were from ebay too. I'll just have to retry again. I'm going to try to grow more of my own favorite ones. Glad they make you smile Linda. We still get to go out but I'm trying to stay home more. I'm a home body anyway.

Helena, I;m going to re-try the ones from Ebay too.There was 2 different nils from the same person. Hopefully I can get them to germinate this time.I will soak them this go around. I want to start my all time favorites too.
We're staying home more too.Linda,hope you can get out to go buy food if necessary.
Helena, we;re home bodies too. I have plenty to keep me busy right here

All we go out for is food and meds. Staying home, as we have 5 coronavirus people here In town. One is an ob/gyn surgeon at the hospital. He went to Florida, came back sick and didn't tell anyone. All of his patients were exposed. Pretty sad.

Linda, that is sad and a Dr of all people, smh
So far we don't have any restrictions but to stay home as much as possible and practice social distancing, when we do go out. Some towns have an early curfew.
My ochracea has been blooming up a storm. We were told yrs ago not to feed the species mg's. but I have fed mine a couple of times and that's why I;m getting as many as 3 blooms in one day..Never has my ochracea bloomed this late in the spring. A chance to get more sd production too.
Amaryllis
Petunia's
Varieg brug
Look at how large the all white and all green offshoots are getting
If I cut off the all white growth to root it, pretty sure it will die, no chlorophyll, sic

This message was edited Mar 31, 2020 12:27 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms Jackie.
I have never had a variegated one, so I don't know if the cutting will die or not.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Really glad you got all those blooms neat brug.

A few blooms for me here. Windy cooler weather here too.

Beautiful morning glories Helena.

Linda, if it dies, it will be because it doesn't have any chlorophyl, spelling?
An all white leaf usually cannot survive, I don;t plan on cutting it, will try to just'let it grow and see what happens.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda.
Some of my pics have not downloaded yet. Very cool morning here today.
My passion flower opened better but the picture is taking it's time downloading.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, don;t know how I missed your post from yesterday.with lovely mg blooms.
Love this last set you sent with a gorgeous passion flower and Clematis.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. It happens, no big deal. I've done it too.
I had nice passion flower blooms this morning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, those are such beautiful blooms. Will they develop fruit to eat?

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda. I'm not sure but maybe they should if the get pollinated. I did see bees going to wildflowers in my yard.
Here's what bloomed this morning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Lovely assortment of blooms this morning Helena. Is that a pink
Wisteria on the end? It almost looks like an indigofera.
Very pretty mg's.

Jackie, I agree. Beautiful blooms.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. I don't know the name of that plant Jackie. It kind of appears in my backyard. I don't remember buying it but I do like the clusters of pink flowers.
More plants blooming in my yard. My mg purpureas and hige seedlings came up outside even in this cool mornings.

Glad to see your beautiful blooms, and your seedlings.

My roses in bloom.

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55

Beautiful blooms Helena, I;m not surprised your purps came up in this cooler weather.
My purps never do well until the cooler temps arrive.Then the blooms just explode.
Wish I could remember what your 1st 2 blooms are. they're lovely as is the nil.

Your roses are really gorgeous Linda. wish I could grow them.

Thanks Jackie.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful roses Linda. Happy to see your blooms.

Thanks Linda and Jackie. The 1st one is Erythrina and 2nd malva….turks cap. Both hummer flowers. We finally got some light rain, enough to wet the top soil.
A few more blooms coming along.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms this morning Helena. I love the speckled and the fabulous blue.
My Erythrina has never bloomed. i think mine is supposed to bloom while its leafless
in late winter/early spring. I'll try to remember to feed it in fall to see if it will bloom.
The lvs have just come back out on it. I think its Coralloides or coralldendron
Ochracea still blooming
I've stepped on this Oxalis and bruised the lvs, its growing in the floor

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms ladies.

Thanks Linda.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
Love your ochracea bloom Jackie. There are quite a few erythrina species, I have 2. I use to grow one with common name of cry baby. I lost it to frost and it would get worm eating the leaves. Bet you I still have seeds of a few others stored in refrig butter compartment. Seems that oxalis are popping up all over my pots and ground. They have hundred of seeds.
Todays blooms. The kikyo has been a good bloomer. I took pictures of my roses and made collages but my phone and computer are taking forever to download them. I gave up on waiting for them. I got a pot ready to sow snow peas. I hope it's not too late for those. I made a special day last week to show my great grand daughter how to sow sunflower seeds. Letting her do it, they are popping up now.

This message was edited Apr 6, 2020 7:49 AM

Beautiful blooms Helena.
My Oxalis doesn;t make seeds, they make bulbils. I think only the wild yellow'blooming one makes seeds. This Oxalis and my purple leaved ones only come uo where I have over turned the pots in the g house.
The cry baby Erythrina is my favorite, My good friend had 2 giant shrubs in
her yard. they die down every winter but come back strong from the roots in the spring, Over 6 feet tall they get. she must have good dirt. They're beautiful.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.