Morning Glories 2019 #10

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We were here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1514656

Looking back at some of this yrs blooms

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread Jackie.
Beautiful blooms everyone.

Thanks Linda

Gautier, MS

Jackie, you are going to have to take it easy with your back for couple of weeks.
Beautiful blooms from this year. Always good to look back.
I have a lot of work in my gh too. Hoping for cooler weather to do that.

Thanks Helena,
I did go to the Dr yesterday. He gave me some diclofenac for my back, sure did help with the pain. Kinda worried about taKing it though, can cause a stroke or heart attack, the'very things I'm trying to avoid,:-(
I'm just going to take it today, tomorrow if I'm better, I'll get back on regular advil.
Helena, if our weather man was right, we could have highs in the 60;s here in 10
days. Hoping for some nice dry 70;s.

Be careful taking those meds.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, hope you just have to take it once. There are so many meds that have worse side affects than what they are trying to treat, it's unbelievably dangerous.
Hope you feel better.
Took these pics today. I have 6 bigger caterpillars, pics of four of them in collage.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

I will Linda
Helena, I'm much better today so back to just generic advil if I need it,. I'll try to stop and think b4 I lift something that heavy again,
Love your blooms today Helena, esp that 1st one. More white than pink, I think it's
lovely. Is it a purp?? Beautiful colors on your Salvia's and the Shibori's are fast becoming one of my favorites, Your cat's are getting huge.
Purps on fence didn't have a pretty pink or rose purp
Pearly gates again only mg blooming out front
mule earred orchid
Maurice Amey Begonia
VaRIEG monstera was 100.00 each at Logees for a 2 to 4 inch pot.
Not sure if they still are

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. It's a purp and part hige. I like it with more white too.

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Neat bloom on our orchid. Pretty begonia leaves and and the variegated monster must be a rare one with beautiful leaves patterns. I haven't shopped at Logees in a long time. Some mail orders are just costing 20 to 30 dollars on shipping costs, that stops me from buying.

I love all your beautiful blooms ladies.
Those caterpillars sure are growing quickly. Must be pretty neat to watch them grow.

Thanks girls,
Helena, yes they;re making a lot of money off the shipping charge too.
I bought mine fron a local nursery over 30 yrs ago, for just 14.99 and it was 3 feet tall.
This monstera plant was a cutting off my moma plant which looks awful now. i rooted rhis one and 1 more in water (about the same size) and now I have 2 more rooted in water I need to pot up. I may have
a plant sale and see if I can make some money. I've got a Juanalloa
plant that's huge now, 6 feet across and getting taller too. I'll try to take'a pic tomorrow

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda. I'm wondering if my caterpillars will leave and find a hiding place for the next step. I'd like to watch them do it.
Jackie, that was a good bargain for a neat plant. Glad you got to get cutting for new plants, 30years is a long time to have a plant. The Juanalloa is a neat plant too. I like making cuttings too especially of my salvia plants. Good luck with your plant sale, I'm sure you will do good.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, I'm no where ready to have a plant sale and so behind here I don't know when I could work on it. Now I have to worry I wont be able to fit all my plants back in the g house for winter.
Love your shibori blooms esp the one with the lovely color block.
Pretty color on your Salvia. I notice all the Salvias have bright color.s
Pretty Aloe blooms too. Your plant must be large to throw 3 bloom spikes.

Beautiful blooms Helena. My aloe plant blooms in the spring.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
This aloe plant must like where is at, gets sun and I've been watering it ever so often. Sometimes I have aloe plants that bloom late fall or early spring in my gh. They will be under heat lamps or won't survive if it gets real cold.
Jackie, I'm happy with my salvias too, I have a couple that haven't bloomed yet. Guess they'll be blooming in the gh. I'm not ready for getting plants in gh either.
I bought the red plant(mail order) for the hummers but it has not opened yet. The yellow one too on sale from Lowes.

Lost my post again, shoot!!
Beautiful blooms on your new plants Helena. Do you have names
for them?? Pretty shibori and purple purp.
Still running around 90 degrees here every day, too hot for dh to work in the g house,.
I'm feeling the pressure to get it all done, could turn off cold any time now,

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. The first pic is of Cestrum 'orange peel' and the 2nd is of a red aphelandra, lost lable for it. I also have an orange one but it's not blooming, not even to close to blooming.
It feel hot here too. The mornings aren't too bad.

Beautiful blooms Helena. I love those new plants. Looks like the hummingbird will love them.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda.
More purps blooms this morning and a mean looking wasp on bloom. I don't mess with them. Years ago a sting from one sent me to hospital a couple of days later from an allergic reaction. It wasn't real serious but where the sting was on my leg, every time I scratched the poison would spread. My leg was turning black so I knew I had to get a shot and meds.

Gautier, MS

Guess I wasn't concentrating on pictures. Here they are.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, thanks for the names of your plants. I thought the red one looked'familiar, Logees used to carry it and I ordered one. I never could get it to bloom, yours
is lovely. I like the Cestrum too.
Thats a horrible reaction to a wasp sting.I have 2 sisters that are also allergic.
If you ever get stung again, take a Benedryl gel cap. People think its just for
noses but its for any allergies,
Beautiful shiboris, when mine bloomed last yr or the yr b4, my colors weren't as
dark as yours.

I love those purple stripes. I am allergic to bees as well. I keep an epi pen in the house.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda.
Jackie when I google for the name Logees name came up, so I thought they sold it before. I bought mine from almostedenplants.com but didn't see it. Not sure if they sold out. The red is very dark. I'd just like them to open, not useful for hummers if it's closed blooms.
Jackie, I have Benebry gel caps, the pill and the liquid. My grand daughter is allergic to kiwi, anything that has it. So have to be prepared just in case.
I'm glad these purps are blooming with dark stripes. I have to look for the ones that I grew a couple years ago that were called Congo, which had dark stripes too.

Helena, I've never heard of a kiwi allergy. Learn something new every day.
My dd is allergic to bananas,
Makes her tongue swell but if it gets worse, could interfere with her breathing.
We keep benadryl on hand too.
Seems like I remember your pretty Congo blooms, hope you find your seeds.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, that what happens to my grand daughter her tongue starts to swell, she can't even kiss her daughter after drinking fruit juices with kiwi. We try not to buy it to avoid it.
I looked for the Congo purp seeds but haven't found them yet. Also found others that I'm going to try grow.

The red blooms opened this morning so I'm pretty pleased. Also saw the wild mgs blooming along the roads with weeds. Guess they are late summer and fall bloomers.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Pretty red Aphelandra blooms, glad they opened. I'm really enjoying your
"Carnival of Venice" shibori blooms. Your wild mg looks a lot like mine in the floor of the greenhouse. Wish I could remember the name, too stressed here.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. I'm getting nice blooms from that vine. I sowed a number of different seed mixed in one pot. Today it had 6 blooms and a hige vine bloom.

Very pretty Helena. Pretty dark color. I have pink striped shibori sds but it makes a very light colored bloom so I don;t like it as well. I'll still try to plant one of each next yr

Beautiful blooms everyone. I have never seen wild morning glories like that. They are pretty.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
It is nice to see wildflowers blooming along the roads, even better when they are mgs.
I'm going to try to grow more higes and purps next year. Still have to find those seeds.
I still have new ones to try too.

Helena, looking forward to your new blooms next yr.

I didn't get out in time for purpurea pics.
Here's my new ginger, another Curcuma. the bloom'is different on this one.
My red magic lily is'blooming. I waited too long, was
already almost dark so pic doesn't show how dark the bloom is,

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms Jackie.

Thanks Linda

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. I saw lavender purple curcuma for sale in Home Depo in LA this weekend. I was out of town with my daughter visiting.
They are neat plants and so are the red magic lily. I think we call them spider lily here.
I couldn't download my pic this morning. The shibori is the only one with pretty blooms.

Lost my post again, always when I;m in a hurry.
Thanks Helena.
DH is working on my g house finally. It got down to 55 here
last night, I've got to hurry and get them back in,

night blooming orchid cactus
purps loving this cooler weather
crown of thorns

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms Jackie.

Thanks Linda.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Glad it cooled down for you 55 for us would feel cold.
We had rain yesterday so this morning we had a cold front too, I guess b/c it was very cool too.
Here's a few repeat blooms from last couple of days. My little hummer too, probably one of my last for this year.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helena.
It was 62 this morning, nice and cool.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.