Morning Glories 2019 #10

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Beautiful shibori with the dark stripes Helena. I've enjoyed your Salvia blooms too.
My indica never set even one bloom before I pulled it off the fence to put it back in the g house. It probably didn't get enough sun. I'll find a different place for it next summer.
Just my purps enjoying this cooler weather.

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. Wish I had planted more purps to enjoy now. Seems indica can be a tough plant. I'm going to be pulling out a lot of them that have run all over my back yard.
Love your purp too, pretty strong colors.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Very pretty blooms ladies.
Pretty cool this morning. 45 right now and windy. Supposed to warm up to about 70 this afternoon.

Thanks girls
Hope I can grow more purps next yr too Helena. I haven;t had a
pink purp in ages. I noticed last yr that my indica sent runners everywhere
but they didn't survive the winter.
Linda, you're cooler there then we are here. But our temps are not going up today, staying around 53 or so.

From 2014

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie, those are beautiful blooms.

Thanks Linda
Here are the id's.

Pres Bush
Blue Saz
Purple Tie Dye
Blue silk
Choc silk

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms from 204 Jackie.
I was away for the weekend with my oldest daughter. Visited Baton Rouge Zoo, found flowers that are still blooming there. Calliandra and other tropicals growing in ground so like to try that here with some protection. Did a lot of walking till I felt that I'm not going to be able to do that again. But the weather was perfect, not hot or cold.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Looks like you had an great time. I love the photos.

Wonderful pics Helena. I loved all the animal pics and pretty tropicals.
I know you enjoyed getting away for a couple of days.
I have a neighbor who grows Brugs in the ground here in zone 7 with lots of mulch,'

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. It was a rainy day here. Getting caught up on some errands.
Jackie, I think I need to get some of my big tropical plants into the ground next year for sure and mulch them good too. Today I got my order of lilacs for my zone. The plants cost an arm and a let for such small plants. I'm planting them in ground too. I love the scent of lilacs soI hope they bloom here for me.

Helena, its been cloudy here for days, just sick of no sun. By tomorrow night, we will have our first freeze.
I hope your lilacs will bloom there in your zone. Maybe they sent you some of the new ones that are supposed to tolerate warmer temps a little better
I went to the Farmers Market to get my neighbor an eleplant ear that she wanted and
picked up a pink angel trumpet for myself. This was the 10.00 size that I didn;t
see last time I was there, I think this one is Frosty. Bloom torn cause I've moved it around so much,They had lovely Begonias
full of blooms for 2.99, so full they're top heavy needing a bigger pot.
The young man who waited on me tried to tell me the Brugs were perennials, I said no, no they;re not so they are going to lose some in 10 gallon pots and tons of 1 gallon brugs if they don;t move them into a heated space.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful pink brug. They can be a perennial if you are in a warm climate, like Florida, but if they get bit by the frost, they will be gone. I have seen several here in Texas survive our winters, but they were heavily mulched, and they covered them with sheets for the winter.

Linda, I know they;re hardy in southern Texas , Florida, South California and maybe even northern Cali but not here in zone 7 Arkansas. My neighbor who grows them in the ground heavily mulched has lost most of them. The nites it gets down to 10 to 15 degrees, they don;t come back. So this owner of the farmers Market is in for a harsh'awakening. He's done a great job starting these baby brugs and they are heavily branched and just really healthy. I hope he moves them in b4 tomorrow
night.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, the 3 lilacs I bought are the ones that are specially bread for the warmer zones; Josee, Beach Party, Rosie Party.
Good find on the Brug Jackie, hope he does realize that they need protection from the cold.

Helena, Looking forward to your Lilac pics when they bloom.
I hope he wakes up too Helena, no sense in letting them freeze when he could take them in and sell them this winter. Just like throwing money away. smh

Gautier, MS

People have to learn the hard way sometimes too Jackie. It's a shame if he didn't believe you.
I'm not sure if my lilacs will bloom for me this year, it seems they are awfully young plants.

Helena, this was just an employee I was talking to. He was convinced they are
hardy here or that they will come back at least. We had a freeze last night so we'll see how they did.
Helena, I think it will take a few yrs for your Lilacs to bloom too since they are so
small. Will be worth the wait.

Gautier, MS

I hope my lilacs grow fast, now I'm afraid to plant them in ground since it got down to high 30's last two days. I got most of my cactuses and tropicals in my gh yesterday but still have a few more to get in there. It's cold here now so I'll wait till later when the sun warms us up by noon.
Pics maybe from 2008, definitely not from 1980.

This message was edited Nov 3, 2019 8:24 AM

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, I bet you could still plant your Lilacs. now. Talk to the company you purchased from. Even if they are more heat tolerant, they're still hardy to zone 4 or 5 most likely
Beautiful blooms, Did you mean to type 1980?

To the new thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1521629

This message was edited Nov 2, 2019 11:46 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.