Morning Glories 2019 #07

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beautiful bloom Jackie.

Gautier, MS

We had more rain last night. A few blooms opened. Same repeats. Unusual year for me with mgs.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

All the recent rain went around us Helena so now we're really needing a
good rain.
I wonder why the hummers do a no show sometimes?
Nothing new for me, my LBTD showed up for the 1st time in weeks
LYK again and
Prettiest Saz again

This message was edited Aug 6, 2019 5:36 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms ladies.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda.
I saw a hummer twice yesterday in my hamelia patens. Must be young ones b/c they are not going to the feeders. Jackie, they migrated further North and are quite a quite in different states. Migration will start in Sept, Oct and part of Nov.
I also had a butterfly let me get a real close picture of it, maybe like a foot away.
Here's a cutting that I took of my seven sisters rose ready to go into the ground. And of coarse mg purpurea and chocolate specks from Karen, no seeds from that one so far.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena amazing that you can root Roses so easily. I think I have just rooted my
beautiful Mandevilla, white with the soft pink eye. In water less than a week, it has a small, white root.
I didn't realize your hummers might have already migrated this early,
Mine will leave in Oct.
I missed your blooms from yesterday, very pretty. Lovely purp and speckled today.
A beautiful butterfly pic and a great shot
Glad I sprayed, my large Sunrise Mixed opened without being deformed.
Its a huge bloom
Cocoa Chocolate
Grandpa Otts?

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms ladies. I love that butterfly too.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie, some roses are easy to root others not so much. I've failed more times than not.
Your mg blooms are beautiful Jackie. Glad the spray helped Sunrise Mixed bloom. I love that one too.
I'm still expecting some hummers to migrate through here Jackie in Sept, and Oct maybe even Nov. I've always had a few during the summer too.

Thanks Linda and Helena. DH had so few hummers yesterday that he thought
he forgot the sugar so he threw it out and made fresh, lol. I think we just looked out the window at the wrong time. :-)

Gautier, MS

Jackie, that's good that he is conscious of having good syrup. I belong to several hummingbird forum on FB. So we hear quite often about changing feeders every 3 days when temps are at 70, every day when 80 or above; 4 cups water to 1 cup of sugar and No red dye. I always boil my water to resolve the sugar, store the rest in refrig. Just saw a hummer at the feeder.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, if dh changes the feeder every 3 days then I;m happy. He has
7 acres to mow so he stays pretty busy keeping up with that.

Beautiful blooms this morning, love the purple purp. The ginger is amazing'and\
what is the gorgeous orange bloom below the ginger blooms? Pretty Salvia's too.

Busy day for us. Dr appt for dd. open house for my gd's new school.

Pink Sunrise in the rain, over 6 inches across, The last time I had a bloom this big was on Chocolate Silk several yrs ago.
Blue Lav Beauty 1st one in a while
Cocoa Chocolate
Juanalloa spelling?
pandy hanging on even with the rust

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms Helena and Jackie.
I think that beautiful orange bloom is a hibiscus?

Thanks Linda, I thought the orange was a hibiscus too but not sure. It could be a rose for all I know. My eyesight is a cause for concern.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
That's a full time job for your dh to mow 7acres,he must have a riding mower. But it's still not a easy thing to do for old folks like us. Yes that was my orage peach hibiscus with two blooms.
Beautiful blooms Jackie. I love it when the blooms are huge. I likeyour orange tropical bloom too, it's a neat plant. I missmy pandy plant, but my wild indica istaking over the back yard. I think I'm going have to cut it back.

Thanks Helena.
I should have said DH has a small tractor and he attaches the bush hog to the tractor, makes quick work of his pasture mowing.
I;m partial to the orange blooms so I love your Hibiscus.
It shouldn't hurt your indica to cut it back.
I didn;t realize you had lost your pandy?

Gautier, MS

Glad your dh can get the grass cut quick Jackie.

Blooms from today and my neat butterfly. Still have to catch my other butterfly thathas mostly yellow but it's even faster than this one.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Absolutely gorgeous Roses Helena. Nice to see the old fashioned
type with fewer petals as well as the beautiful doubles.
I don;t think I;ve ever seen that particular butterfly, very pretty. Hope you can get a picture of the yellow. Wonder if its the one we call the Sulfur butterfly in all yellow.
I haven't seen the
sulfurs around here for a long time.
LYK
LBTD Lite Blue Tie Dye
My Kosmic Kell has opened, saving the pic for the new thread

To our new thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1512845

This message was edited Aug 9, 2019 1:17 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.