Morning Glories 2019 #07

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beautiful blooms everyone. I love all the colors.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks Helena and Linda.
Helena, I'll be watching Cocoa Chocolate to see what it does next.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda.
Good, Jackie. Hope you get plenty of seeds from Cocoa chocolate. I haven't grown that one in ages, it seems.
I collected a few pods from #8 light blue. Now I noticed that some vines and plants are getting mealy bugs. Looks like white cotton. I rinse them off with the rose.
My vermillion salvia.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Dany's # 8 is just beautiful Helena. I love your hige and pretty purple mg.
Nice Salvia too.
Pandy
Prettiest Saz
LYK with star Becky's hybrid
Helena, just look at my Sunrise Mxd, the buds are distorted and can't open.
Must be a bug of some kind doing all this damage.
Aloe with blooms

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful morning glories. I love those blue blooms. And that's salvia is beautiful too.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
Beautiful blooms Jackie. I love your all your pandy, pretty saz and lyk and your aloe too. It's sad to see the damage the bugs cause on the leaves. I'm sure it takes the energy & nutrients causing defects on the blooms.
I'm surprised to see a bloom on my flying saucer, a small one at that. It has not had many blooms at all. Just 3blooms this morning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Linda and Helena.
Helena, I need to spray to try and save my Sunrise Mxd, just don;t have the energy
I still have 4 or 5 small vines that need in bigger pots. Might not get that done either.
Beautiful Flying Saucer bloom, one of my favorites. Your purple bloom also very pretty this morning.
My Black King opened and closed b4 I got outside this am.

Beautiful blooms Helena. I love the stripes in the first one.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. I wasn't too sure about my FS maybe having some blue star in it Linda, but probably not.
I know how you feel about not having time to go out and spray and get seedlings in bigger pots Jackie. It took me forever to do the same.
Here's some pics butterfly from yesterday and blooms this morning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, beautiful Dany's # 8 and higes in the 1st set. Lovely Salvia's too.
all gorgeous blooms in set # 4. Is that a Clerodendrum, common name blue butterfly, at bottom right set # 4? Pretty butterfly, we haven't seen any
butterfly's here this summer and just 1 or 2 last yr.
All repeats
Cha cha Maru
Prettiest Saz
Sunrise Mxd

This message was edited Jul 30, 2019 11:42 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Helena and Jackie your blooms are so pretty. Such beautiful colors.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. Yes that is the butterfly bush with light blue flowers. I have it growing in a huge pot, also left it out all winter and was afraid I would loose it. But it came back, didn't really die back all the way.
Happy you still are getting pretty blooms Jackie. Love the colors.

Thanks girls.
Helena, I've had the butterfly bush b4.. Mine grew so large, I ended up giving it'away. Now I wish I hadn't, the blue blooms are really special.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, I like the blue blooms from butterfly bush too. I need to take some cuttings and start them this fall. Sometimes I see berries on them that I think have the seeds but I haven't had luck in starting them.
Blooms from today. I have so much shade in my back yard I finally noticed that my orange ginger is over 6 ft tall with blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

I missed seeing these 2 purpurea blooms this morning. The 2 blooms on left side are the same, one on top of pot looks darker without sun shining on it. I liked the way it opened.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, beautiful higes, Salvia's and purps. Your orange Hedychium ginger is'
a showstopper!!!

Helena, your blooms are so pretty, and that ginger is stunning.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
The mornings have been great here in the 70's but now getting hotter!

We had nights in the 60's for a while, was great but warming up here too.
I just came in from potting up my last 5 baby mg's. So glad to get it done.
Hope I can spray for bugs tomorrow.

Gautier, MS

Glad you got your last 5 mgs potted up Jackie.

I'm potting up some of my tropical plants into bigger pots too that way they don't dry out and don't need to be watered as often.
Love the #8 from Dany. The blooms are big and the leaves are starting to look better too, they're variegated.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helena, especially Dany's # 8, in love with that one for sure.
I think I have one planted but not sure if it survived. I've lost quite a few that I started in some organic seed starting mix from Burpees. My mg's seedlings didn;t like it
at all.
All repeats
The last one is Cocoa Chocolate
Even though # 3 is marked as Lav LYK I've come to the conclusion that they are all
Blue LYK, Lav when it starts to fade?

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Good morning. Look at all those beautiful morning glories. They are all so beautiful.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
I lost quite of my seedlings this year. I don't know if it was the seed starter mix either. But a bit unusual for me to loose as many as I did. Some were special too. I kind of gave up starting any more seeds.
Love all your beautiful blooms Jackie. The color on each is really nice too. Cocoa chocolate almost has the color of Black King. I need to grow a cocoa chocolate for sure.

Thanks Linda and Helena. My 2nd set of mg's I started were slow to take off so I have a big gap from the vines blooming now to when the next set will bloom. Like Helena, I lost a bunch too. I will stick to my Fertilome Potting mix for starting my mg's
from now on.
Helena the Cocoa Choc does resemble Black King. I will share sds with you this fall
if you don't have any.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie, I do like the color of your cocoa chocolate.
I only had the little red mg and the white ones blooming so didn't even bother taken pics. I bought a red Calliandra plant, very small almost lost it, so surprised that it had its first bloom. Also bought 3 butterfly weed plants in hope that I would get a monarch butterfly. They just stopped migrating this way. I do get the swallow tails in my yard. A pic of my 4 mgs that I'm growing inside.

Helena, those blooms are beautiful. I haven't seen those before.

Helena, Love your Calliandra and butterfly weed plants. I tried to start you a Calliandra in potting mix, didn't work. Glad you found a plant
We haven;t seen an Orange Monarch in years. Seems like I heard several yrs ago that their breeding grounds are slowly being destroyed, smh
Your new vines are looking good, I have the yellow leaved one too, tag says Ukigumo
Found these 2 blooms over by where my LYK sits, so hope I haven't mis-named any blooms for sd collecting.
Some of my vines taKING forever to set buds

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful morning glory Jackie. I love the white tips.

Thanks Linda.
I like Cocoa Chocolate too.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. It's a shame about the butterflies habitat being destroyed.
I think Calliandra seeds have to be sown fresh for them to germinate. I've tried too without succeeding in the past. I triedto post mid morning but was having trouble with the computer being too slow. Not wanting to do what I was telling it to do, so I gave up.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helena.

Jackie I agree. Those blooms are so pretty.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
More repeats while they are still blooming.

Those are beautiful.

I keep losing my post. Helena Love your blooms this morning.
Danys is my favorite bloom so far this season. Pretty hige and purple bloom too.
My Cocoa Chocolate is the only bloom from out front
Grandpa Otts?? open out back
Mother-in-laws tongue blooming
unknown Begonia
Downhome Begonia a hybrid by Aaron Stew Stewart of Texas (hope I'm
remembering the name correctly)

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie, those are so pretty. I have never seen a mother in laws tongue bloom.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Beautiful bloom from your cocoa chocolate and grandpa otts. A neat name "mother in laws tongue" for a neat plant. Pretty begonia plants too.

Thanks ladies. Linda this Sanseveria, spelling?, is the only one of my mother in laws tongue plants that has made blooms for me.
Helena, I didn't get to pollinate my Cocoa Choc bloom, hope I get some sds
later this fall.
On a good note, I did get to spray a bunch of my mg leaves, took me forever.
A systemic would have been a lot easier.

My blooms, what few I had, are slowing down I guess, one lite colored
pretty Saz today. Maybe they resented the spray or I missed giving them a drink. A couple, like the sunrise Mixed and Cocoa Choc, had already closed
b4 11 am Now really!

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Jackie, I'm pretty sure I have cocoa chocolate seeds somewhere, so no worry.
Sometimes mine start to close around 10, unless it's cloudy. We had good rain last night. I think all the plants got plenty of water.

Pretty Saz bloom Jackie. I didn't even bother to take pics today either. # 8 from Dany bloom didn't even want to open. Do oh well. Had a hummer make a quick stop by mid morning, been weeks without seeing one.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.