Morning Glories 2018 #16

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Glad to see you got seeds.
Rainy here too. 50 degrees.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Hope we miss out on any frozen weather.
Glad you gathered some sds Helena from your newer vines..
When I feel just a tad stronger, I would like to start a few other
types of sds too.
I doin;t even have a tree up and no Christmas spirit.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. The other vines have seed pods too.
Jackie, don't do too much. You still have to take it easy and get stronger.
My oldest daughter put up our little tree and my great grand daughter helped, cute to watch.

Helena. yes its the little ones that make Christmas so much fun, I'remember when my 2 were still small. they would hang all the ornaments in ine same spot. lol
After they went to bed, I would re-arrange them,Then by morning the kitty's would have done their own kind of re-arranging. :-)
Still trying to take it easy but doing a few things cause I'm so anxious to get back to
part of my routine,

Gautier, MS

It's good to have our memories of our little ones.
It's been raining here all day long, guess it's doing that all over.
Glad you feel ok Jackie to get back to doing some things.
A few blooms from June 2015.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, those blooms are beautiful. Love all the color's.
Jackie, please don't overdo things. I know you are anxious to get back to a regular routine, just take your time.

Beautiful blooms Helena.from 2015., love the pretty blues.
Linda, you;re so right. I'm, slowing back down and
letting the healing come to me.
A few from the past the 2nd one was a cross from Aogakiyama
3rd one Helenas lovely blue but can't recall the name

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Beautiful blooms Jackie. Those blooms from Aogakiyama are really special. Is the color right on third bloom cuz it looks kind of on the purple side to me. But still pretty.
So I checked my gh plants and saw peppermint hige had a blooms and while trying to move pots around the hige pot fell and broke off the end where the bloom was. Going to try to get it to root the piece with the bloom still on there. That's my luck.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms ladies. Sorry you broke the stem. I hope it roots for you.

Helena, # 3 is purple, it only made purple blooms. Hopefully I will be able to recall the actual name or look back thru my 2014/2015 seeds fo find the actual packet it came from.
It was a huge, lovely bloom and I remember that the name didn't quite fit it.
Hope you can re-root your broken stem.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, those are neat colors. Hope youeventually find the baggie it came from. I've been looking through my 2015 seeds and pulled out ones that say blue and purple star or blue star and I have a few of those. But never know what I actually get. So I soaked a few more different mg seeds now have them in damp paper towels and in zip lock bags on top of florescent lights, tomorrow I'll see which ones show the tail root. Still haven't picked which salvia seeds I'll start yet.
Roses from this morning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful roses Helena. We had another hard frost, so what's left of my plants with shriveled soon.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda, Still very cold mornings here with slight frost on houses, Hasn't got my plants yet.
One bloom on windowsill.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Gorgeous Roses Helena and I love the color of your mg on the windowsill.
a pretty lavender.

Glad you got to start a few mg sds.
Going to try to put a tree up today.
Hard freezes here, at least 2 nights in a row 22-25

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. I don't know about the seeds I started, having bad luck with most of them. After I checked this morning only a few showed slight germination, maybe too old.
Hope you got to put your tree up.Hope you feeling ok to do that. It was a beautiful funny day here. I got a few pots into the gh, saving my big "Wendy's Wish Salvia" and a few others.

This message was edited Dec 12, 2018 11:19 AM

Helena, that is a beautiful morning glory.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda.
A bloom from what's supposed to be watercolor.

Helena, I hope you're able to get some of the older sds to germinate, at least you'll have saved some of them.I always wonder about what wonderful surprises we;ve lost when we let them get too old. I lose them all the time, too many sds and only 1 of me,.,
Did'nt get to put up my tree yet. but hoping dh will put it together today. and that dd will string lites for me.

Time for a new thread

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1494253

This message was edited Dec 12, 2018 4:08 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.