Morning Glories 2018 #16

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

They are beautiful. Fighters for sure.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

hi everybody, this is Patooties daughter Connie. i just want to inform everyone that my mom will be having open heart surgery in the morning.. please keep her lifted in your thoughts and prayers. thank you so much.

i wasnt sure where to post that info, please let others know about my mom jackie, thank you all. peace, love, and blessings.

Connie, thanks for letting us know about Jackie. Sending lots of prayers.

Gautier, MS

Connie, thank you for letting us know. I felt something wasn't right. Lots of prayers going her way. Let her know we are thinking of her.

Gautier, MS

Hoping for an update on Jackie. She's on my thought and prayers.

Three blooms this morning. Two pinks with different colors on same vine.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helena. I have been praying for Jackie. I hope Connie will give us an update soon.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda. I hope we get an update soon too. It must be hard for the family to go through this too. Praying for them too.

Gautier, MS

Linda any wild flowers still blooming where you live?

My tropical plants are still blooming outside cuz the frost hasn't got to them yet. Then my gh plants are blooming too,(first 3 pics in gh).
Looks like we are going to have a long wait for an update on Jackie.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Not much blooming here. A few Rose's, that is about it.

Gautier, MS

I'm glad I live in MS cuz even a cold spell I still get blooms until the real cold frost gets them.
So I decided yesterday to do an experiment. I started 2 different mg seeds in their own Styrofoam cups, 3/4 of good dirt and rest of seed starter soil. I didn't nick or soak the seeds, as long as the seeds are good, I want to see how long it will take for them to start to have the first 2 leaves, then the true leaves. First pic just showing the start, I did cover them with plastic sandwich bags to keep the moisture in and also placed them under lights.
I love my roses, SS bloom and wild indica outside.
Still thinking of Jackie. Miss not having her here on the forum.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

I miss her too.
Beautiful blooms. Keep us posted on your experiment.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda. I'll be taking pictures of my experiment and posting them. Can be as simple as dropping a couple seeds in dirt pots. But then comes the labeling with just a little work and not letting them dry out.

Gautier, MS

Two mgs blooms today. The weather is on the gray warm side.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Those are so pretty. 75 here today. It is a shame the one day we had frost 2 weeks ago killed everything.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda. Guess I'm lucky, my yard is surrounded by trees so it takes a few bad frost and for all the leaves to fall before my plants die back. I have a lot of leaves falling still.

Roses and salvias pics, but I am collecting mgs seeds from the higes and purpureas.

WOW! Those are beautiful blooms.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda.
My pink mg bloomed inside, glad I have seeds on these vines, I think the camera changed the color. A funny small blue bloom on another vine.

Those are very pretty. I hate it when the camera flash changes the colors.

Been praying for Jackie. I hope someone can give us an update soon.

Gautier, MS

Jackie has been on my thoughts and prayers too. It's been hard not hearing anything.
I'm sure the family has a lot to do now too.
Checked on the progress of my experiment. The dirt was being pushed up and the cotyledons emerging on day 3.
Found 2 blooms on my wild indica outside. Sunny warm day here.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Congrats on the emerging new plants. Your blooms are beautiful.

Girls, thanks for all your prayers and kind words, they kept me 10 days
Just got out today, very sore and weak as a kitten. I knew something was wrong
but put off going till friday morning last week and by then it ws too late, had a heart attack. The Drs's say my heart is strong for an old lady so I;m just thankful to have survivived the attack. I fussed at Connie for not giving you all another update but she is sick all the time too. They drilled a bunch of her teeth and every time they do. it takes her a week to get over it,, fever and pain, immune system problems; She has beautiful healthy looking teeth that go bad all the time, just awful. Enjoyed getting to see your beautiful speckled Helena, and gorgeous roses. and Salvias.. Missed being here but glad to be back and I will get stronger every day
Watching your experiment too

Thanks for checking in Jackie. We missed you. Glad to hear you are home. Get some rest, and listen to the Dr.s orders.

Gautier, MS

Jackie so glad you are ok and back home too. I 2nd Linda's advice Jackie. I really missed you so take good care of yourself. I'm sure that was not a good experience to go through. Hope Connie gets better too.
I had 3 blooms on the window sill this morning, the wild indica blooms outside too and my roses blooms to enjoy.

Girls, i try to do what the Dr's tell me but sometimes just get so impatient.. I do feel stronger this morning. Working on my heart meds, they have changed. stopped some and started new ones.
Beautiful new morning glory blooms Helena. The Pink rose is out of this
world.gorgeous..

Hello, those blooms are beautiful.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Oh Jackie, I am so glad you are ok. Helena, Jackie and Linda - I am sorry I have been MIA. Grateful to have you all. I am in a "funk" for lack of a better word, when I feel like myself again I will be back. Please know I think of you three all the time.

Glad to see you pop in Debra. Don't wait too long to come back.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie, Linda and Debra. Glad you feel a bit stronger Jackie.
Glad to see you here too Debra.
A pic of my experiment seedling. Second seed is a no show so far. Too cold for any decent blooms on the windowsill.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

My goodness. You have sprouts!

Thanks ladies,. Your seedling looks good Helena I have (1) I planted, that I;m not'sure of its id now. i think mine is an Eccremocarpus, seeds over 8 yrs old.
I might be able to tell more as it grows.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. I haven't grown Eccremocarpus in ages. Hope it does good for you. I'm able to save some seeds in my refrig butter container on side of door. I've grown salvia seeds that were 8 years old too.

I never did get back to mark the seedling after I planted it and my heart started bothering me Helena,. I would love to start a bunch in early March or May for the hummers

Gautier, MS

I hope you do get to start a lots of seeds for the hummers Jackie. I think the best plants are ones that produce lots of blooms.

I want to start getting mg seeds of higes and purpureas when I get some free time so I get a head jump in getting blooms earlier. That is dropping seeds in pots outside and leaving them out till the weather warms up, winter sowing.
Same repeats bloomed today.The Indica bloom was still open on 2nd day, even with it being cold.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helena.

Beautiful blooms Helena. Love how pretty and clear that 1st bloom is.
Pretty color on #'s 2 and 4 too.
I wish it didn;t take so long for the purps to bloom and set seeds. I wasn't able to gather any sds from mine,. Smart of you to get a good head start

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.

Love your blooms from 2016 Jackie, absolutely to die for!

I love those colors Jackie.

Thanks girls.
Our little winter precip is on its way, sky looks like snow.
DH headed to town for extra people food and pet food.

Gautier, MS

I think we might be getting rain too this weekend. Sky looked pretty this morning with sun turning clouds pink.
Picking my first set of seeds from this vine is done. Ten seeds from 3 pods. I need to fertilize the rest, they haven't grown much. I think I'm going to start a bunch of salvia seeds instead of mgs for now.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.