Morning Glories 2018 #12

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We were here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1483996

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new room, and the beautiful blooms!

You;re welcome Linda. Just lost my entire post, pics and all
No Beni
Count Dracula
unknown
darkest Purple TDdye I've ever seen
Tie Dye and Plum Surprise

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Everyone of them are awesome. Gorgeous patterns and colors. I'm enjoying the show.

Thanks Helena.
pretty soon mine will slow down and stop. I don;t have any coming
along to take their place. Hope you have some new seedlings for late fall and
winter for us. :-)

Jackie, those are beautiful morning glories.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, I do have small seedlings coming along. Might be awhile before they are ready to bloom. Wish this rain would stop and my vines get over the defects so I can post some of the nicer blooms. A few for today but all are small blooms, some have no pollen.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Linda and Helena.
Gorgeous blooms Helena, love the awesome pink. Is it a
Tie Dye or something else? Your speckled is pretty too and
love the beauty on the end,. Give us names for these when you can please
Is # 4 a Black King?

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

ohhhhh and ahhhhh your both making me go agaa gaa LOL beautiful blooms, ladies. Thanks for the rain Helena, it arrived last night and almost flooded out some places. LOL
( Not us)
So, all the blooms I had were washed away, and I will be gone the next ten or twelve days, so who knows what will bloom. I once again will miss that particular show, hoping my new DIL to be will help me put w/pics. They are all from you two, so at least I know that much. :D

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Debra.
That pink bloom is from Azuremore's seeds but it looks a lot like Hama No Fubuki or Hanahubuki to me. The blue speckled is from Azuremore too. The gray one is not Black King b/c of the white center, BK has a pink to dark pink center. I think it might be gray haze. The last one is your blue purple star Jackie.
lad you got some rain Debra. Hope your DIL can take lots of pics for you while your away. It looks like we are in for more rain our way from this storm. Has my oldest sons name too.

This message was edited Sep 3, 2018 4:09 PM

Helena, those blooms are beautiful.

I thought the 1st one looked like Hanafubuki too, but I;ve never grown it
myself, Its a lovely mg. I planted my Purple Star sds but didn;t get one,
instead I got the Plum Surprise but thats ok since I love that bloom too.
We're expecting lots of rain here too by Thursday thanks to the newest
hurricane. Hope it misses me

Gautier, MS

Jackie, I was busy moving my mgs into the greenhouse but only the ones that I want to save from too much rain and wind. The rest are staying outside, even the rest of my plants. The sun was out until all morning till now. Just had the first light shower. They say the storm will be by 8 to 10 pm tonight. I just hope and pray it's not as bad as they were predicting.

My only blooms today. Pink 4 o'clock in middle.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helena.
I pray the storm is not bad for you.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda. It's still quiet here not even rain. Hope they got it wrong about how bad it's supposed to be.

Love your blooms today Helena, esp the pretty Carnival of Venice
Mine opened today too but its a lighter color than yours. I like yours better.
Hope the storm doesn't dump too much rain on you. Praying for no dangerous storms for anyone in its path.
# 1 looking like a Blue Tie Dye
# 2 Milky Way
For Helena unknown back yard tub
# 4 Carnival of Venice
# 5 Rosita seems like it used to be darker

Beautiful blooms Jackie. I wonder if temperature changes, affect the blooms?

Thanks Linda. I know that cooler temps causes the blooms to be smaller. Cool temps'also causes some of my glories to make squared off and/or pointy blooms
at times.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Glad you are still getting pretty nice show of blooms.
We only had heavy rain around 10pm last night with just a bit of wind. I think Alabama got the worst of it. I didn't stay up b/c of it. Their prediction was wrong for us thank God.
I was up at 7am ready to go outside. Found this one bloom and happy to see a hummer on my salvia plant. Kids are off school for another day and I don't have much cleaning to do from the storm.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Glad you dodged the bullet Helena. It will arrive here this evening late,
hoping we don't get a ton of rain either
Love your beautiful bloom with the pretty color block.
I had several open this morning
Several in this pic
White hige
Lite Pink TDye
Unknown purp Jamie Lynn???
Carnival of Venice

Ladies, those blooms are beautiful.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
Hope the storm wasn't as bad for you either Jackie.

Beautiful blooms Jackie. I'm glad you are still getting good blooming from your vines.
I hope my vines get a bit of renewed strength to bloom some more too.

Thanks girls. Our storm won;t get here till later Helena maybe early in the am.
Hope your vines start blooming for you again Helena. Mine will be slowing down soon.

Gautier, MS

I took out all the mg pots out of greenhouse so they can get more sun. It can me a work out for sure. I will take it easy the rest of the day.
One mg bloom today along with a yellow zinnia and a reddish 4 o'clock from the other day.

How many pots do you have?
Beautiful blooms!

Very pretty blooms Helena. Love the eye catching yellow Zinnia
Had a few blooms this morning. We have a lite rain coming down, at times just
a sprinkle. Hope it stays like this instead of getting a wash out,

Black King
Purple TD
Almost looks like a Pink Silk, don't think I planted one
Count Dracula
25-2013 my # Blue Blizzard complex, now a completely different bloom

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. Linda I haven't counted all my pots but probably around fifty or more.

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Love all of them. That could be pink silk. I like the color on all of them. My BK is done and some others too. Hope my vines recover from the bugs and having the leaves removed.

Beautiful blooms Jackie.

Helena, that is a lot of pots to move.

Thanks Helena and Linda. Hoping I can leave most of my pots out. If the rain gets heavy, I'll have to carry some to the g house too

This message was edited Sep 7, 2018 2:01 PM

Gautier, MS

A good soaking from rain is good, non stop from a long time is when it gets to be too much. I'm glad we are getting some sunshine now.
I had a real nice bloom from Dany's Peach mg. Wish my other mgs would be without defects like this bloom.

I love that beautiful speckled morning glory.

Lost my post again. :-(
Beautiful Dany's Peach mg. Hope it makes seeds Helena
I'll be begging for sure
Pretty small mg too. Is your orange a Zinnia?
Black King
Blue purps
White bindweed. comes up in the very same spot everyyr and has never spread!!!
Unknowns
Juanalloa sp?

Jackie those are beautiful blooms. I have never heard of the last one.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. I'm sure I'll have seeds of Dany's Peach Jackie. The orange color one is a rose, I still have a few zinnias that have not bloomed. I started them late but I hope I have an orange color one too.

Beautiful blooms Jackie. I think I only grew bindweed once, remember a very small bloom. The last tropical has a neat bloom. My fav is still your unknown.

Thanks Linda and Helena.
Helena, I haven't been able to mark AS many of the last 2 or 3 days blooms
as I would have liked too, too much going on here.
The bindweed bloom is a smaller bloom.
I wish the Juanolloa would open up more. but at least its a good size bloom.

Only a few blooms today
Indica put in an appearance today, she hardly ever shows up
Black King
Count Drac
Lav cross 25-2013 suppoaed to be Blue Blizzard Complex from Blue Spiral
CarnivaL of 'venice

Gautier, MS

All beautiful blooms Jackie. Glad your indica bloomed for you. Neat color from Black neat and your other pretty blooms.

Only two Ip nils this morning and both had defects but the purpureas are doing ok. My red zinnia opened and yellow still blooming.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

loving the color from up here, ladies. It's been gray and in the 60's waiting for the three inches of rain up here they have predicted. I love the Indica Blue Dawn, and that Count Drac, Jackie. Helena, enjoying the reds and yellows. Those are KC Chiefs colors.. LOL

Beautiful blooms everyone.

Thanks Helena, Debra.and Linda.
Pretty blooms Helena. Love your mg blooms and the colors
of your Rose and Zinnia, pretty and bright
I hadn't thought about the colors for the KC Chiefs Debra. I used to watch KC and the Minn Vikings battle it out all the time. That was b4 kids so I could watch all the ball games I wanted. :-)

This message was edited Sep 9, 2018 11:05 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.