Morning Glories 2018 # 09

Gautier, MS

A few more blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Found 2 more blooms in the back yard and my orange ginger with lots of flowers.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

WOW! Those are awesome blooms today Helena.
I need to try some ginger again, it is so pretty.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Awesome blooms today Helena. One of the prettiest hedychium
gingers I;ve ever seen.. I threw out my globba winetti ginger by
accident while it was dormant a few yrs ago. :-(
My Purple Star not looking more blue today
Pink turbinata for some reason I couldn;t capture the pink color.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. I probably should pot up my white ginger so it can have a longer period to grow, I think the common name is butterfly ginger.
Beautiful Blue mgs Jackie, really like it. Neat turbinate, I don't remember growing this one.
My cat was insisting on sitting on me today, he is really heavy!

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Helena.
The turbinata is a lavender to pink night blooming mg.. If it makes sds, I will'save some for you.
Beautiful red tabby. my favorite cat color. :-)

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. If it blooms at night I definitely haven't grown it.

My nicest blooms for today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Pretty blooms Helena.
We had heavy storms come thru last night, one after the other.
I've got to go out and see if it blew any of my plants away.

This message was edited Jul 21, 2018 11:15 AM

Gautier, MS

Hope your plants are ok Jackie.
It felt really nice with the wind here this morning.

K Kelli

Butterfly, surprised I was able to take a pic, fast flyer.

Ao.... and your blue star LKY with blzd, prettier than the pic shows! Thanks Jackie.

More beautiful blooms Helena. Love your'butterfly pic.
Yoiur LYK is a beauty, think I have one in the big tub out back.
Hope so anyway.

Purple Star not made a lite bloom today.
Pic # 2 This is the bloom from a few days ago
Dark blue purp on the fence
Ginger ok even after all that rain, one piece broke
it had roots so I pulled it up and potted it . Pic # 5, Sitting right beside the mama plant.
2 new buds on my ginger
This might be the longest its ever taken for my mg vines to bloom

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie.
Love your pretty blooms. Good to see when bloom vary from day to day. Your ginger is really pretty, really like that pink color then the little bloom in a different color.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

WOW! Beautiful blooms everyone.

Thanks Helena and Linda.
Striking bloom Helena.
The baby ginger bloom will age to the same pink color
as my mature ginger bloom.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Blooms from my mg garden this morning. Hear thunder so maybe more rain on the way.

Gautier, MS

Some more of my blooms.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

it's like a firework show, the colors are striking, vibrant and lite up the sky in here... Love the Ginger , also.
Edo from Jackie? part of my north fence garden, mauve splash, the seeds are over 5 yrs old now... Pandy tower, two of the three new neighbor dogs to the south of me.. Minnie the Corgi, and Milo, the Blue Heeler.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Gautier, MS

Thanks Debra. Love your show of beautiful blooms too. Seems like you have friendly dog neighbors!
Hope your ok Jackie.

Oh my goodness. The colors are so awesome!
Love those dogs too!

Helena, just got side tracked yesterday. Loved your beautiful blooms
Saz, the speckled, LYK, and thr pretty pink hige. all lovely. .Loved'the purple with a section of stripes too. Your lite blue tiday is gorgeous as is that blue on the end,
love it.
Debra, yes looks like an Edo to me. Love your other mg's and beautiful Hibiscus
Cute doggies.
#'s 1, 2, and 3 Purple Star showing different patterns
# 4 and 5 Berlin Blue

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Glad to see you back Jackie. You have all awesome blooms, love what your Berlin Blue is doing on #4.

Jackie, your blooms are so pretty.

Love the large blues , Helena!

Thanks ladies.
Helena, the lite blue border on Berlin Blue is very unusual.
It's usually solid. I didn;t get to pollinate it today..

Gautier, MS

If you can Jackie, tag it to separate it If it makes seeds.

I had a neat bloom from my purple vine.
This 2 pink blzds comparing to Onalee's pic looks like Hanahubuki.
Aomurasaki, darker bloom.
Jamie Lynn hige

Helena, I will tag that bloom today plus I need to tag the Purple Stars out back.
Love your blooms today. You;re purple is out of this world for sure.
Beautiful pinks, Aomurasaki and JL hige.

Berlin Blue # 1 and 2
# 3 Purple Star, this one looks more like last yrs bloom
# 4 I think is the mutant, couldn;t open all the way
last one is pandy

Helena, I noticed that the 2nd Berlin blue pic from yesterday, also had a little of the lite blue border, just not as much as the other bloom. I'm going to flag it too.
Todays' blooms don;t have a border.

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie.
I noticed that your 2nd bloom had a bit of the lighter color too. Wonderful when they do the unexpected! Beautiful blooms from today too, that purple star is amazing.

Thanks Helena, Oh my gosh, just noticed that the blight bacteria is working a number on my pandy. So much rain last week that I;m behind on my spraying, Only reason i would spray this late in the season is to try and get some sds from pandy..

Jackie, your Blues are outstanding! Can't believe how many you have. that is wonderful! Helena, I agree about the pink looking like Oona's Blizzards. Beautiful. and that purple is awesome.

Thanks Debra.

Ladies, your blooms are stunning. So many varieties.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Debra and Linda.
It's been so nice to go outside and not have the humidity. My purple bloom without any markings. I try not to post damage and defects which I've had way too many this year.
The rain has been awful in parts of the country this year. Sad to see the damage from it. These are my only blooms today.

well, we are in a terrible drought here in Derby, Ks., so everything is burned up here.. the the mgs are not performing, and I am happy to at least have my pandy. Love the JL hige, and definitely love that purple! Vibrant!

Helena, those are beautiful blooms this morning.

Not much blooming in this Texas heat, we have had 112-114 the past week, today is only supposed to be 100.

Had an awful morning again. DGD is at an orthodontist in Hot springs and dh forgot his phone, has just worried me to death cause I couldn;t find out what was going on.
smh
Beautiful blooms this morning Helena.l ove the hige and that white with blue or purple stripes on the end.
Debra hope you get a good rain fall soon.
Linda stay out of that horrible heat. I couldn;t handle it thats for sure
I have too many mg vines in the big tub so every day its so dry the blooms can't open. Will have to soak it every day, won;t overplant it next yr,
Purple star
Berlin blue

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Debra, Linda and Jackie.
Hope you get some rain soon too Debra.
I wouldn't be going outside much in your heat Linda, awful heat for you.

Pretty blooms Jackie. Some of my vines are taking a break now. Only getting a few blooms to enjoy.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Gorgeous blooms Helena. Love the vivid colors of the 1st three and the subtle beauty of the last one...

Those are beautiful blooms Helena.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. I had to water my vines today and have no idea what's going to bloom tomorrow.

Going out to water some of mine now then off to the $ store. My 2nd
trip to town today. cause I can;'t get my duckies in a row.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.