Morning Glories 2018 # 09

Gautier, MS

Yep, I did that too today Jackie. Drove halfway home to stop and check to see if I had the card I went to specifically buy was left behind.
Fewer blooms today too.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Helena, I love the patterns the purple is making and cute little hige.
The chocolate is pretty today with her ruffled look.
Looks like a Pink Tie Dye might open in the morning, I hope.
I guess your kids are getting ready for back to school. Ours have 2 weeks
from this Monday till school starts.
Aug 2013 pic

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. Yes, everybody is shopping for back to school here. School will start in just a little over a week. It's still too hot for me to think of the poor kids being back in school.
Pretty bloom Jackie from 2013.

Thanks Helena.
We'll all miss getting to sleep in every day.
I hope we can go shopping tomorrow and
get that out of the way.

Gautier, MS

We had rain last night, glad the plants got watered by it.
Only the hige and purpureas bloomed but really like this (#1 & #4) dark reddish purpurea one on the same vine. Does it look like "Rebecca"?

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beautiful blooms everyone!

Thats a gorgeous reddish/purple bloom Helena. I don;t think it';s Rebecca
but its very pretty. Seems like I had one similar a couple of yrs ago
I like your # 1 pic the best, The purple border stands out better.

My Pink Tie Dye opened this morning and I wasn't disappointed like I was'with last yrs bloom it might look more like Hanafubuki ??
The mutant= DFNM
Purple Star today looking lacy backyard tub
Purple Star a day or 2 ago
Turbinata opened last night, its lavender

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beautiful blooms Jackie.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Wow, I missed a lot while I was working. Your blooms are as beautiful as ever, Helena, and it does look like a Rebecca. Linda, I am glad it
s cooling down for you ( even if it is 100) and thanks everyone for the positive thoughts on Rain, as it is quietly raining right now. Jackie, hope everything worked out with DH and DGS the other day.
from a couple years ago..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda, Debra and Jackie.
Jackie, I was wrong that reddish purpurea is a cross it's not on the same vine. I Checked yesterday and the stem from it is much darker than the other vine. Ilike the color from it.
Beautiful blooms Jackie. Glad to see you are getting your vines blooming so nicely. It does look like Hanafubuki. Happy to see your mutant, don't have one going this year. Your blue star are really cool blooms.
Beautiful blooms too Debra. Glad you got a bit of rain too. You have neat blooms going, pretty butterfly too.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Debra, your 5th pic looks like the Purple no Mai I had a few yrs ago. I;ve got 1 or 2 of those growing this yr.
Helena, you're purple/red cross is very unusual. It has reddish bars like a Crimson Rambler,
Pretty Star of India ? today. What is the 2nd bloom. it has pink/red bars too like it has Rambler in its genes.
2 different Pink Tie Dye blooms on the same vine #'s 1 and 2
new unknown bloom in byard tub
finally buds on this angel trumpet, she has y'd
turks cap

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. The Star of India I found out back blooming. I gave up on the back yard vines. I think I got rid of the vines but the spray killed a few of the vines too. I don't see the bugs which is good. That neat pink purple bloom is from "my purple volunteer" vine throwing an unusual lite bloom.

Beautiful pink tie dye blooms Jackie. The blue unknown bloom is very pretty too. I have turk's cap too growing. A very good hummingbird nectar plant. Nice angel trumpet plant, can't wait to see the pretty blooms.

This message was edited Jul 30, 2018 2:59 PM

Thanks Helena. Looking forward to my angel trumpet blooms too. I have new'dbl pink angel but it looks pitiful. The lvs cup and curl from Logees. and they shouldn;t.
It came to me that way. The blooms on the variegated should be gold to orange.
I remember your Turks Cap looks very healthy compared to mine, which is just barely
hanging in there but has finally grown some.
I;m really enjoying the Pink Tie Dye

Gautier, MS

Jackie, hope your Angel trumpet improves. I know there are a lot of different colors, I do like the gold to orange ones.
Felt like it wants to rain again here. Only a few blooms here, I probably should fertilize my vines.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Love your blooms Helena. Beautiful Aomurasaki Blizzard

To the new thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1482907

This message was edited Jul 31, 2018 11:51 AM

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Pretty blooms all , mostly I am only watching .
First two labeled as bush morning glories President
second two Wild and Grandpa ott (which I still wish I could photo correctly .

last is a crimson rambler as high as the power lines

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.