Plant Propagation: the Basics, May 2018

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Those worms are the strangest color before they eat leaves.. a guy raises them here in Derby and sells them to the pet store, for me to buy at 9.99 a dozen... LOL
All the milkweeds are blooming here

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Great Blooms Debra , Mine are all little still

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

More little plants

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

and more
Well ,,more blooms later

Oxdrift, Canada

WOW Debra, those are some beauties. It surprises me that the shrub varieties would be invasive. I would envision the vines sprawling all over and doing more damage. We definitely live in a different world up here

Fort Worth, TX

gorgeous lonicera Debra, and the milkweeds! so far only Asclepius tuberosa made it here, my green and pink seeds failed to germinate, will have to try again. Ju your stuff is ahead of mine part of the time

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Gypsi And Debra is way ahead of both of us Today it is raining here

This red gaillardia is blooming nicely Where the bloom stalk separates for the blooms they root in , I have a couple pressed down to the ground , I will try more , I have two little plants from last year in there Bes Mavla White Coneflower the flowers around it filling in ,

2 is an overnight Agastache from seed poofed up yesterday only planted the day before , Rainy humid weather that us peoples rarely like sun cloud sun cloud the rain then sun, cloud sun cloud , stifling humidity , The plantlets love it ,

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Fort Worth, TX

they do like gentle moisture.. why I have such difficulty starting seed. I planted wallflower and dutifully watered both beds I planted it in and haven't seen one yet. at least the seed pack was $3

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I have not had as much luck or success the past few seasons , this one is going better ,
My sunflowers are all slow this year, many no shows ,
I am delighted with the new Rudbeckia though .
My nanking cherry bushes are producing wonderfully ,, Lower Cholesterol ,,yeah !!! lol

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Wow! nice collection, Debbie. I have coral honeysuckle vine, and some purple honeysuckle vine, then some regular invasive kind I didn't plant in a far corner, but it smells good so I keep it.
Kitt, I'm surprised the deer eat the jalapenos, it is the one thing nothing eats in my garden.
Love that Rose carnation.
My Angel trumpet covered in blooms and some other pics from my jungle this week.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Oxdrift, Canada

Very nice jungle Sherri

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Sun Tropical delights , nice , Ditch lily are blooming also , Raining steady here all day .

Gloriosa Daisy .
Chrysalis in the Spicebush
Butterfly weed ,,(tuberosa
Stella d oro , these have been blooming a long while

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Today
Fulva
Coreopsis
Gaillardia
Tomatoes
Daisy in Fleabane

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

More today
Feverfew
Nanking Cherry
Penstemon
Wafer Ash (seeds
Bush Tomato

Fort Worth, TX

Very nice pictures tropical and not.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I was having trouble sleeping , so I made a couple cup pots of Prairie Mallow and planted the seeds . Tomorrow or shortly I will try the Yellow Hollyhock seeds ,
The photo of the wafer ash has what appears to be a leaf Chrysalis A seed pod rolled up bottom left center 1
I have been pressing down to earth several flowers trying to propagate them ,

Thumbnail by juhur7

You've been busy, Ju. I tried to find the leaf chrysalis, like trying to find Waldo. I think I see it. Nice flowers.
Glad you all enjoyed the jungle shots.

Oxdrift, Canada

Good job Ju, you are sure growing up a storm
Finally got all my annuals in the ground this morning except about 2 dozen tiny fellows that I kept just in case the baby rabbit I have living under my deck gets a little bigger appetite while j am away the next 4 days

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Thank you Keith I planted Five Zinnia and two Celosia I still had in cups Before that I planted some Verbena Stricta , The some red Hollyhock seeds that were kind old got planted in a pile just in case . Some Wild red RadishSprouted this morning and my Red Mustard has sprouted
Today polar bear zinnia trying to bloom
red raspberry
Meadow Fritillary Butterfly
Optunia Cactus
Penstemon Dark Towers

Fort Worth, TX

bunnies are so cute...but yeah, hide the plants.

finally emptied the phone yesterday.
Lanceleaf Coreopsis, poppy, bug in a black eyed susan, soapwort, asclepius tuberosa More in a couple of days. Kind of wiped out.

This message was edited Jun 12, 2018 9:31 PM

This message was edited Jun 12, 2018 9:32 PM

Thumbnail by Gypsi Thumbnail by Gypsi Thumbnail by Gypsi Thumbnail by Gypsi Thumbnail by Gypsi
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Looks nice Gypsi ,
Easy to wear down lately here also ,
I am looking forward to blooms coming up .

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Polar Bear Zinnia
Sprouts of :
2 Firebird Agastache
3 Kiowa Sunset Agastache .(not hardy here

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Hey guys, lookin good. California is enjoying hot weather, setting up to break their state into 3 Californias by Voting day. I know how JU likes succulents, and while these arent tiny, I figured I could snap a few shots while waiting on the Emer room to decide if they are gonna keep my daddy overnite or not. This one area of This state is gorgeous- even if 90* was todays high, the 11mph breeze is chilly.

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Darn double posts,👹

This message was edited Jun 14, 2018 7:16 PM

This message was edited Jun 16, 2018 3:21 AM

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Hey Kitt thank you for thinking of me ,! lol Looks like a Sempervivum Homecoming Revival ..

Got this Daylily today Grown from seed

Thumbnail by juhur7
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

lots of seedlings

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

More seedlings

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

More seedlings

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

if I am asked I will tell what they are .

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

They are doing well is what they are...better internet signal now. They are SO BIG for sempervivums! That one plant -I kept checking my feet for snakes...

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Kitt Cute Hose Bungi snake

Best wildflower look so far

Thumbnail by juhur7
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Well, I know what it is now, chuckl. More Ju, I am not starting plants here, but a neighbor does like what she has!

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Kitt the desert willow and that Jade plant are really nice , House plants those and that Aloe are here . Not with me for now
My first yellow lillium bloom
Some weedy looking Fleabane..
Yarrow , and Senna ,,

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

wow, lots of growing, color and babies. I love baby plants. Those colors are awesome on your er grounds. Hope dad is okay. So hot here and so much stuff is going to bloom way too early. picked our first crop of tomatoes, lettuce and peppers last week.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Debra Nice looking Goodies Nice garden and deck ,,

Zinnia
lillium
Geum
foxglove
Echinacea

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

That red tree is a bottle bush, I can't get a good jacaranda shot cuz light levels are so high. Just yard ornament plants.

Thumbnail by kittriana
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Kitt okay , my answer was a Lemon ,, lol
Not much to show here

Fort Worth, TX

Had a bunch of grandkids lately, this is my night off before they come back

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I always have niece and nephew no nights off ,, lol lots of energy I ain't got , I know , I do not have ,,lol
I will try to start white and red Tuberosa soon ,, my orange ones are doing sort of ,
Lot of maybe perennial seedlings up and going ,

Catching up, Kitt, I am so enjoying the succulents from Cali, and that bottlebrush is beautiful, I remember we had a huge one in our front yard in S. Cali.

Ju, my goodness you got it going, Love the wildflowers.

Debra, nice looking garden, the tomatoes make my mouth water.

I had grandson for a couple days, he helped me in the garden, it was fun but hot. Of course he found a snake, few spiders, and a huge four inch Lubber grasshopper, we cut his head off, he got a kick out of that. ;-)

Aloe blooming, tillandsia, and a shot of the Jungle.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.