Morning Glories 2018 #04

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1470944

I still don;t know what this bluey purple bloom is
Could be Debras from her mixed pkt??
All from Aug 2016
Blue LYK= Lady Yagaruna Kaleidoscope (Becky's)
Deb's Pretty Pink
Fuji no Beni
Blushing Bride, Helenas, or 1 of her Choc silk crosses

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda from the other thread.

Love all your beautiful blooms Jackie, the 2 first blue especially.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread Jackie.

Beautiful blooms ladies.

Thanks Helena and Linda.
Love your gorgeous blooms too Helena. Is that 1st blue'the lovely Light Blue Tie Dye??

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Found you. Thanks patootie. : )

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. No Jackie, that first bloom is a different color from Watercolor. It seems that the color and marking are a bit different from this vine. Don't know if it's from growing them inside.
Welcome to our forum greenbrain and our obsession with mgs!

Helena, I love the way some of your blooms vary.
Watercolor is a special mg, very pretty
Greenbrain, glad you found your way to the new thread.

Gautier, MS

Thank Jackie. Wishing everyone a nice Happy Easter!

I like when the blooms vary too Jackie.
First and 3rd blooms are very small.
Second and 4th bloom is same bloom.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, do you have id';s on the small blooms?
Love your Choco Silk, it's a beauty.
I love all the Silks, Tie Dyes and the Fuji's.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

me too! Finally home and able to get on, love the colors.. brrr its cold here! Keep posting blooms, it warms me up.
:)

Debra, is your new job going ok?
Cool here tonight too. But we've had some wonderful 60's and 70's,
even a few 80's.

Love my job, I worked yesterday and gave my "Grandma's and Grandpa's a wonderful meal, got a 95 yr old to play piano, made some soup from Left overs, to go with their evening meal of egg salad, they loved my soup. Yes, I love being around my elderlys, it makes me feel like my grandma, great aunt, and my mom are still here . They love me. Morning Glories from Past years...

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Debra. Just checked Jackie, those 2 bloom were on same vine, only ID I have on them is "pink bloom" from 2014 seed they were supposed to have large blooms but do have some blizzard.
Love your blooms Debra. Glad you love your job and that they love you.

Debra, sounds like it's the perfect job for you. A wonderful rapport you have with
them. It doesn't get any better than that.
Beautiful blooms from the past.
Helena, I love the shape of your small blooms. Some of mine are shaped like that in the fall after the weather turns off cooler

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. I took most of my mgs that were inside outside so they could get some real sun and dry up a bit.
Here's my blooms from this morning. I'm happy with wild roses too.

Awesome blooms everyone.

Beautiful blooms Helena, that purple is striking. Nice roses too.

Sunset, LA

Patootie, hope you'll be saving seeds, whatever that blue-purple bloom is. It's so exciting to see the unique varieties pop up. There was one pasted on the previous thread that was literally the most beautiful jmg I had ever seen. Will have to find it again.

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=10352324&extraimg=0

Helena, the pale pink bloom with the distinctly rounded petals, so cool.

Hah! It's a couple of purpureas, but finally have a current bloom photo to share with you guys!

This message was edited Apr 3, 2018 11:47 AM

Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch
Sunset, LA

Pink Dragonfly
Sazanami Sparkles
Belle with Dreamland Zinnias
Myles
Too many jmg's

The weather is perfect, I just want to sit outside all day. But I need to start building some sort of bamboo (free renewable source in the yard) structure for all these climbers. Last year I just did bamboo tripods. It worked fine for one or two plants per pot, but it didn't really showcase them from far away. Too many plants this year, they're going to need more room.

Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch
Sunset, LA

Sweating like a pig and my fingers are all cut up, but at least it's something and mostly free.

Sunset, LA

Pic didn't load before.

Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch

I have just a few sds marked somewhere Cat. I;ll try to find them (blue-purple) so I can get a couple started. Hopefully can get more sds for sharing
I love purps, at least you;re getting blooms. Love Bell and Myles
Your potted mg;s look great.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. My mgs spent the night outside in the patio. Will have to bring them in tonight.
Pretty purps Cat. Your mg seedlings look great. You are going to have a great showing of blooms. Ilike what you made for them to climb too.
Just a few blooms for today. Feeling under the weather, darn head cold.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Pretty blooms Helena. I love the speckled.
Sorry you;ve caught a cold, hope you shake it off soon.

good job! I use working hands on my cuts when I "over work " them... it's made by o keefes and really works at night like a miracle. no blooms here, was 24 the other night, brought in all but two tropical plants, will have to really cover them tonight, freezing rain, sleet, snow and the low predicted of 20 for Friday! longest winter I can ever remember here... minus the heavy snow.
lav moon vine , seed pod of lav moon vine, ipomea setosa, side view of setosa

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Beautiful blooms everyone.
I need to find some of those lavender moom vine seeds.

Pretty lavender moon vine blooms Debra.
I can't believe some of this weather.
I might try some of the Working Hands.

Sunset, LA

Sorry to hear you don't feel well and also love that speckled bloom. Will definitely pick up some Working Hands, as I still want to make more trellises. The first one is a nod to the Gothic House and my home state. Does the lavender moon vine have a scent? Have regular moon vine started, but have only read descriptions of the smell. If anyone wants seeds from last year's batch, I love to share. My favorite cross to show up had large dark indigo flowers and incomplete spokes and a pink throat with non-variegated trilobed leaves that bordered on lime. Been calling it Chiaki's Cooler Sister, although it didn't come from Chiaki seeds.

Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch
Rochester, NY(Zone 6a)

Hope someone can tell me why I see two types of 'Heavenly Blue' morning glory seeds for sale. Some show solid blue and the other shows blue with a white throat. I've heard of Clark's Heavenly Blue as well. Thanks.

Sunset, LA

I believe they (ipomoea tricolor) should all have yellow deep in the throat along with a faint white halo around that yellow. That includes Clarke's Heavenly Blue, Pearly Gates, Flying Saucers, and Wedding Bells. There are quite a few vendors out there with inaccurate (and often fictional!) listings, so it's best to buy from a trusted seller or trade with a person that actually grew them.

You can add Blue Star to the list of tri-color varieties
Clarks is also called Clarks Early Heavenly blue. It was crossed
with a Chinese species as I recall (or try to) to create Blue Skies.
While it may be lost to cultivation, it can be re-created. :-)
That's my understanding anyway.

Gautier, MS

Glad Cat was able to give the answer to Irishmist about Heavenly Blue. I learned from both Cat and Jackie, geesh still feeling sluggish.

Beautiful blooms Debra and Cat. The cold temps here have affected my vines and blooms too.

Hope you start to feel better soon Helena. I am trying so hard not to get sick, taking Vit C in gummy form.
.Just now finishing this post I started hours go. Poor hubby had another horrible bout with kidney stones, had to rush him to the hospital.I don;t know why he;s got them so
bad here lately.

This message was edited Apr 7, 2018 11:19 AM

Gautier, MS

Hope your hubby got through the kidney stone Jackie. Hope he is feeling better.
I'm doing better too. Getting heavy rain here, was hoping to work outside today. Maybe later on.

Gautier, MS

Is it just me or does anybody else have pop up adds on the left side of the screen when trying to sign in????? Almost every time I have to stop and close the add so I can finish adding my password. Very annoying.

Had 3 small blooms this morning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

I don;t know how I lost my newest post again. :-(
Helena,. I stay signed in most of the time so I;m not seeing the annoying ads thank goodness.
Hubby feels a little better today. He hurt so bad this morning I had to take dgs to work
I was afraid I would get lost trying to come home but I made it.
We had sleet this morning Helena and its bitter cold. Its melting though , I;m so glad.. Who wants to contend with sleet in April? Crazy weather
Your blooms are absolutely beautiful this morning.

Sunset, LA

Helena, beautiful blooms. What variety is the candy pink? Patootie, does your husband happen to drink a ton of diet soda? It's seriously cold here today, I hope my morning glories make it. They're far enough along that it would be a real bummer to lose them. Ugh, 37 with the wind chill. May have to drag them all inside after all.

Bloom might be Dacapo purpurea, I'm not sure. Was too excited to choose, so I dumped like 30 varieties together. I'm sure that won't make it confusing to save seeds layer.
My babies are starting to climb!

Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch

Cat, dh was drinking lots of diet sprite. someone told him to quit saying the diet soda is one of the culprits. He's drinking lots of water now and I;m trying to get him to drink dandelion tea, it dissolves stones too Hope you don;t lose any mg's or Helena either.

Gautier, MS

Pretty bloom Cat. Hope your mgs made it. I got lazy last night and left the ones I took out on the patio even though it was windy and cold they made it ok. Might slow them down a bit but maybe make them tougher. One of the rose silk still has its bloom open.
I would say that this weather has been crazy this year too Jackie. I'm just glad that it doesn't get that bad here in MS. Thanks for the compliments on blooms Jackie and Cat, I haven't checked on the all to see if any other mg bloomed.

Sunset, LA

Mine looked terrible this morning, been fretting at work all morning. Nothing below 47 was predicted, but when I woke up it was 32! It's warmed up to 46, but I am dreading what I might find when my shift is over.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.