Morning Glories 2018 #04

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Helena, if You haven't yet, go to preferences above, in the smaller sub- headings then on the left side of the page click on ad settings. Make sure none of those boxes are checked. Mine are not checked and I don;t get the pop up ads. Remove any'checks and then click submit. to save changes.
I had lovely Wisteria blooms but couldn;t get the darn thing covered so my'blooms look wilted this am. I'll know for sure when I walk outside. Glad your vines
look ok Helena and hoping yours made it Cat

This message was edited Apr 9, 2018 10:38 AM

Sunset, LA

T-T Do you think they'll make it?

Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch
Gautier, MS

I've had mine look like your seedlings too Cat and they made it, they need to get some warmth from the sun. Do you have a heat lamp you could hang over them, or cover them with plastic overnight. Hopefully yours will recover.
Jackie, I checked and none of my boxes were checked so I don't know why do I get pop up adds on the page I log in?
Blue Bunting visitors to my yard this morning. Love the deep blue color!

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Sunset, LA

I put a couple of old sheets over them, hope it will be enough and that the predicted low is in the ballpark tonight. Supposedly low 50s. My cats are delighted and think this is a playhouse, so there's an additional danger for these poor plants now. Have never seen a blue bunting in person, incredible. What a vivid color and cute body shape.

Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch

Helena, love the Blue Buntings/pics, esp that close up
I think your vines will be ok Cat , may take a few days.
Pretty sure my wisteria blooms are done for. The cold won't hurt my plant, just the blooms.

Gautier, MS

Your mgs should be ok Cat.
Jackie, those Blue Buntings were hard to take pics of. Very active and kept flying from place to place. Your wisteria might bloom later in the season, mine usually do that.

Helena, my Wisteria was in full bloom. My plant itself is kinda ugly needing to be'pruned in several places. My blooms were getting prettier every day,
they're hanging limp now. :-(
Hope my blue buntings return, My hummers are a no show so far
Mg's from 2014
Pres bush is # 3
Keiryu might be # 2
no id # 4

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Jackie, Wisterias are very pretty in tree form. When my main wisteria died, it was hugging the tree for years, it started coming up in different places. One of the vines that's hard to control.
Your 2014 mg blooms are very pretty. Hard to believe but I just picked a few seed pods from 2 vines that stopped blooming. They are not getting the sun and warmth they need to dry the soil inside lately.

Thanks Helena.
Pres Bush is one of my very favorite mg;s.
So far my wisteria hasn't spread but its trying to.
I can't believe you;re getting seeds while it will be forever b4 I even get blooms.
Only 3 of my earliest planted mg sds germinated. Getting ready to plant 9 more.
With my dh and dd so sick,I am way behind now starting glories.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, I guess we have to do what most important. But I'm glad you are getting ready to plant a few more mgs seeds. Purpureas are great for outdoor sowing.
I probably have Pres Bush seeds somewhere among my seeds.

I took a walk to see how my volunteers seedlings were doing and to my surprise I found first bloom on purpurea that supposed to be a hige. It's still a bit chilly in the mornings here. Also had 3 blooms on this purple bloom that I left in the front patio., I think it's Maisugata but not in its true color yet.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, beautiful blooms this morning. Sometimes it takes a while'for a hige to make feathered blooms.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie, I hope so.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beautiful blooms ladies.

Happy birthday Debra.

Wishing you a wonderful birthday Debra.
Save me a piece of cake please. :-)

Debra is visiting friends in Texas. She will be at the beach tomorrow.
I am in Michigan visiting my family, so will miss meeting up with her.

Gautier, MS

Hope you had a wonderful birthday Debra.

Will have to make daily morning walks, found a volunteer a pink purpurea and a Small JL hige.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

A very small mg and I love my roses too.

Beautiful flowers Helena.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Watchin you guys now, chuckl, was lookin for other stuff tho! If new plants are out of winds, can handle down to 40's. When they get older and tougher will handle to 34*. My mg's just now startin to grow outside. They came up last month and stalled waitin on warmer weather. Am sproutin some of Debs seeds indoors of that fragrant lavender moonvine.

Gautier, MS

That's good to hear kittriana, mine did too but I'm starting to see buds on a few that I left on the patio. Hope to see your blooms posts here too.

Beautiful mg blooms Helena.Pretty Roses too.
DH had his surgery today so we've had a hectic day.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, hope your DH is feeling better and everything going good.

Just 2 mgs this morning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Sunset, LA

Got my first ever hige bloom! Probably Split Second. Also have some Marigold volunteers behind the chicken coop, 30ft from where I had the nearest marigolds last year.

Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch

Love your blooms Helena and Cat. That is one of the prettiest purple mg';s
I;ve ever seen Helena. Love the color block it made. Maisugata, sp?, is a beauty too,.
Love the hige Cat, Marigolds was a favorite of my moms.
Helena, Dh just glad to get it over with.
I've had some lovely Amaryllis blooms lately.
Pres Bush
tag says Dany's # 8 Blue Star

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. Pretty Amaryllis blooms, don't know what happened a red one that I had growing. Love your mgs Jackie too. I have a seedling with Dany's # 8 tag too, hoping my blooms will be like yours blue star.
Pretty mg Cat. My mom grew marigolds too, I hated the smell but now I understand that certain bugs don't like the smell either. I try to grow them for that reason. It's great that you got a volunteer from your Cat.

Thanks Helena. . Looking back at the tag on the pretty Blue star, I think its just that,
a blue Star. I believe I must have had 2 planted in that cup and Dany's didn;t
ever germinate. Wish I could find any sds I might have for the Blue Star so I can plant one. I love the star patterns
I think I;ve seen mentioned in books that Marigolds deter certain pests much like'
the shoo-fly plant..

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

The tagetes marigold deters pests, basically because its one that is used as a natural poison. It works, but draws spiders, in case that bothers you.
Moonvine seeds soaked 24hrs, 2 swelled without nicking, the other 3 I ncked but still havent sprouted. 2) 2 blue denim sprouts 3)volunteer that stalled thinks its time to grow, shall see if it is white or a pink.

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana

Beautiful blooms everyone.

Sunset, LA

Purpurea bloom, probably Grandpa Ott. Planted some Dilute Joyce Cobbs, but they didn't come up yet. Really hoping they do. Patootie, want any Kosmic Kelli seeds? Total stars. Pardon the powder, the caterpillar battle was epic.

Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch
Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Lots of beautiful blooms so ready to be able to start planting here

Gautier, MS

Great looking seedlings Cat. Love the dark Grandpa Ott.
Jackie, I've had too many of my seeds not germinating. Just have to keep trying.
Kat, can always start a few inside. A window sill will do.
Had 2 blooms on this vine, so bad of me, I left the vines outside and it got pretty cool last night.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Chuckle, we have hi humidity and more heat than you guys, rare Spring HaHa at gardeners this year. I have no more places outside to poke them, scrambling NOW. I sprout them in the closet in the dark, they sprout, I tuck in dirt if I can't get a spot with sunshine...

Nice purpurea bloom Cat, adore the lovely blue star bloom, Kosmic Kelli,
lol at the name. Sent you a dmail,
Beautiful blooms Helena. I didn;t get to move my pandy and its up over a foot tall in places. I covered it with a sheet, overturned giant pots, and trash bags..It will be'below freezing here tonight for several hours, a dirty trick by mother
nature this late in April.
I did lose my lovely Wisteria blooms and new growth in the last freeze just
like last yr.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie, hope your pandy does ok covered. I'm not liking this cold back either.
Hope your Wisteria recovers too. Mine gets to bloom lightly in the fall again.
Odd color for Black King
A very tiny pink bloom
3rd is supposed to be Q269, maybe a cross, lime leaves
Last 2 blooms from yesterday still open from Q269 cross (?) lime leaves-same vine(last 3 pics)

Love your blooms Helena. Must be a cross on BK, beautiful Q269 blooms.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

First bloom of (last years) volunteer, it hit 80* today

Thumbnail by kittriana

Kittriana, at least you got a bloom. Will be a long time b4 I get any blooms.

From last yr
1 and 3 My special MG

This message was edited Apr 17, 2018 11:13 AM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie.

Nice Shiva volunteer bloom Kittriana.

Jackie, love your blooms from last year, 2nd and 4th look striking and bold.

Thanks Helena. # 2 is the pretty Purple Star from
last yr. I think # 4 is the pretty Jap MG from dana's plants.
It had lime leaves

This message was edited Apr 17, 2018 11:43 PM

Beautiful blooms ladies.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.