Morning Glories 2018 #02

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1466813

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Loved your pics of Trumpet blooms Debra. Hope your meds start making feel better.

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Love the colors on all of them. The buds showing on my vines are some of my favorites, so it won't be many new ones yet.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread.
Beautiful morning glories you posted.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

oh my goodness, be still my heart., You had some real show stoppers, Jackie. gray, warm wishing for rain. snow, ice, any precipitation would be much appreciated.

Gautier, MS

Wish I could have sent you our rain and sun Debra. It was another beautiful warm sunny day here. Just wanted to check a few potsI left out, actually a lot of pots to see if I'd find seedlings. Yep I did, a pink purpureas in pot and blueberry hige in ground. Pretty tough little seedlings considering we still have cold nights. I hope the leaves continue to give them some protection.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks ladies. Wish I could send Debra some precip too. We have over a week of rain coming, some heavy.
The lvs should protect the baby seedlings Helena,.We could still have some bitter cold here so I don't dare plant anything out yet. Looking forward to when I can
plant, sick and tired of the cold more this yr than ever before. My age showing

Gautier, MS

It's real foggy this morning here Jackie. I think we might be getting more rain too.

Can I whine and say I'm jealous. Not christian like, so nm, it is what it is. My sticto bloomed,I'll download that bloom and post it later when everyone is gone today. got everyone some seeds packed up, everyone getting my yellow/white four o clock and a packet of seeds from every i nil i grew. Love you all.

I hope to plant your 4 o'clocks this yr Debra. Love the yellow and white one.
Looking forward to your sticto blooms. Love you too kiddo.
Purps in 2016
ochracea a month ago
Pink powderpuff a few days ago.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Hope you feel better Debra. We are here for you.

Love your blooms Jackie, hope your pink powderpuff keeps blooming and maybe make some seeds too.

Love the yellow bloom! My powder puff is not blooming right now, yours is gorgeous.
You know I love that dark blue purp. Made my night. Thanks.
Here is the sticto bloom. was surprised to see this easter cactus blooming!
I started a piece of voodoo succulent in this rock last spring, i forgot about it and the original piece is the tall one that is bent over from lack of water, there is a new one. This rock came from my grandma's house a long time ago.should I cut the long piece or see if it will perk back up after being watered? the blooms are small burgandy smelly star shaped things.( I can't smell, anyways)

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Wow. Beautiful blooms everyone.

Beautiful sticto blooms Debra,
I would wait to see if the succulent perks back up, if not, then cut the bent stem back.
It almost looks like the carrion flower stems, might be kin if it has an
offensive smell.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful Sticto Debra. I would wait too on the succulent. I like your Easter cactus bloom too.

This message was edited Feb 17, 2018 9:45 AM

Thanks for the helpful advise. Oona and I are up early watching the birds . The feeder is right in front of my desk window. I am falling in love with this grand cat. I know she will be moving out soon, I hope I can convince Rose to leave her with me since she works day and night. LOL uhm, I bet Joe will say no. Anyway, we had fog which made things look "wet" grateful for that!.

Gautier, MS

Glad you enjoyed watching the birds with Oona.

I took a walk to the backyard and spotted Carolina Jasmin blooming on top of my bottlebrush tree. Didn't expect that, didn't think I had one there, funny how they appear and want to take over. My cherry tree has some blooms but never makes fruits.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Oh How pretty! My nanking cherry blooms white. it is still cold here. Love to see your spring colors. I am fascinated by the yellow vine. Is there another name for it?

Beautiful blooms on your Cherry tree and Carolina Jasmine Helena.
Debra, you should be able to pull it up with a google search for Carolina Jasmine.

This is what I found.
Carolina jessamine (Gelsemium sempervirens)

Beautiful blooms Helena.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. Watered my mgs vines, quite a few buds growing on them.

Thanks for the info. It's a lovely vine. Can't wait for the buds to turn into blooms!

Gautier, MS

I see a bit of color on one of mg buds to bloom in a couple of days.

Today I was tempted and bought a red salvia plant from Walmart and a cuphea cigar plant for my hummers to have when they get here probably early March. Spring is just around the conner.

Probably be another month b4 our WalMart gets in tropicals. I love the Cupheas
especially the cigar plants Helena. Send us a pic when you can. I agree, Spring isn't far off thank goodness.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, took the pics this morning. It's salvia splendens "Van Houttei" with variegated leaves.
Took another walk through the pot maze, found another volunteer, might be a nil but not sure. Found another volunteer hige in ground, I know I couldn't and didn't get all the seeds collected. Looking around, I have so much work to do in the yard. Gnats are out so I'll stay inside, in my younger years I used to put on skin so soft and go pull weeds and work but not anymore. Carolina Jasmine in full bloom!

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

WOW! Nice to see you have flowers blooming.

Helena, love your new plants and the Carolina Jasmine. The Salvia is a beauty with her hot red blooms and variegated leaves. I love volunteers, up and growing with no work on our part and will be blooming b4 any we plant.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. I love seeing all the plants emerging, hard to believe so soon after the real cold days we had.
Got two buds on my mgs close to opening soon. Found peas growing and even 4 o'clock seedlings coming up.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, so looking forward to your mg blooms. Wish I had something coming along
about to bloom.

Me, too, Jackie. I love the colors! I think it's awesome to see Helena's blooms and splashes of color when it is cold and gray outside, we just had a half inch of frozen sleet/ice, so now it looks like winter. finally some moisture, not much but we will take it. everyone was stuck home for two days due to too dangerous to drive. No color there, yet, Linda?

Gautier, MS

My First Mg for 2018 indoors! Chocolate with white edges all in petals.

Glad you finally have some moisture Debra.
Jackie, color will come soon.
Hope Linda gets some purpureas volunteers soon too.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Oh my. That is beautiful.
I need to get some seeds planted. So far, nothing growing from last years seeds.

Wish I could send you some of this rain Debra. Flooding here,
maybe the worst I've ever seen.

Absolutely beautiful Helena, great color and I love the white border.

oh that is WONDERFUL, Helena. Jackie,floods are not good. Linda, you need to get some started so we can see color from you, too.. what are your temps there?

Gautier, MS

Hope the floods are gone Jackie.

Thanks Jackie, I'm going to have lots of chocolate silks blooming.

Thanks Debra.
Here are todays booms. Kind of hard to take pictures, I think being inside they lack a bit more color. Oh what a tankled mass they are doing. The split petal vine is still making those kind of blooms. I got about 8 seedlings into bigger pots and they are outside on my front patio,as long as the nights are warm, they will be ok.

This message was edited Feb 25, 2018 2:39 PM

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautfful blooms you;re choc is making Helena and I love the pretty speckled.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. I've got a few of the chocolate vines growing, glad they vary a bit.
The speckled is Fujishibori. I just spent half hour untangling the vines and I think I still missed one. Too many growing close together but they love the sun and warmth from being on that window sill. I also fertilized them with a weak solution of bloom booster.

Every yr I dread the untangling since we grow so many we can;t space them out
as much as we need to. I love growing mine on the carport since I don;t have to move them when a storm blows up.

Beautiful blooms Helena.

Debra, we have mid 70's here. As soon as I get over this darn head cold, I will get some planted.

Gautier, MS

Jackie I know the storms is one of the reasons I like to grow in pots.

Hope you get over your head cold Linda and feel better.

Gautier, MS

Just took pics of my booms this morning and downloaded them.
Two blooms on Fujishibori and lots of chocolate blooms.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.