Morning Glories 2018 #02

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Linda, A lovely daffodil

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

awwww it's okay for me, Jackie. Wow, I'm happy to see a bloom this early, Linda! what kind of daffy is that one? it has a fluffy center?

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

I got it from a friend on facebook, she sent it as a freebie when I ordered some ornamental onions. I don't have a name for them.

Well, it is a beauty!

Gautier, MS

Thank you ladies. My pics didn't come out good today so not posting. I think I'm almost ready to place the rose silk mix blooms outside. Pretty blooms Jackie. I'm looking forward to your blooms too, you should sow a few Of Becky's BK. I love the color, so unusual.
Pretty daffodil too Linda. I have a few but haven't bloomed here yet.
Azaleas are starting to blooms here though.
I'm glad you have a job you enjoy Debra.

This message was edited Mar 6, 2018 9:07 PM

I thought Lindas daff looked like the one called Replete but not sure.
Helena I may have BK sds from you too. . I;ve started 5 or 6 mg's and
trying to get a few more started.

They lady I got them from said they were called pink champagne. Now that I know they will grow here, I will be getting more. They smell so sweet.

I have some buds on a few outside, but it's still dipping into the 20's at night. I'm going to try to sow some seeds outside today since the wind is down to ten mph for a change . fires everywhere here. !!! over 35 acres burned around the state so far.
I have two caudex glorys up from old very- old seed. whoo hoo!

Debra, how old do you think your caudex seeds are? I have some old sds too I;d love to start but afraid they are too old.

Gautier, MS

Hope you do grow BK Jackie, which ever seeds are older, I'd do those first.

Blooms from today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

It was a chilly morning but the blooms are coming.
Surprising my curly parsley (2nd pic) survived the winter outside.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Oh gosh Helena, you are really having a spectacular show! ..Lovely! Just Lovely!
Jackie, these seeds were from 2010.. I was surprised. Now for some even older than that to try..

Thumbnail by joeswife

Beautiful mg blooms Helena, especially the speckled. Lovely outside blooms too.

Debra, I have caudex sds from 2008 or 2009 I might try b4 its too late. I'couldn;t find the sds last yr or I would have started a few then. Hope its not too late.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Debra and Jackie.

Todays blooms.

Beautiful blooms Helena!

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda.

Here's a few more.

Love your BK Helena and beautiful George Strait the way I remember it,
Is that a Pink blizzard in the 1st row?
Pretty chocolate on the 2nd row. Whats the pink on the 2nd row?? I
can't remember

Debra, loved your mg and butterfly pic above

Helena, those are all so pretty, but I really love the speckled ones.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
Jackie both Pink blizzard blooms were on the same vine. Kind of neat 3 blooms all together but 2 were light and one was darker. They need to be watered today or the blooms are going to be small.
Linda, you'll have to grow some speckled mgs. Always loved growing them.

Sunset, LA

Really enjoying seeing your glories, ladies. 2017 was my first year gardening and left me hooked on the nils (thanks to a seed trade friend). Started this year's batch, but we've been getting cold nights again. So I've been driving them around on my car, taking them to get fast food, etc.

Sorry for the 2017 photos, but I wanted to share something besides sprouts!

Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch

CatalystSwitch, those are beautiful!

we really do have some beautiful eye candy here, don't we? I love the speckled as well as the akai and the fujis.

Has anyone seen or grown these?
RARE KNIOLAS BLACK NIGHT MORNING
https://www.amazon.com/KNIOLAS-BLACK-NIGHT-MORNING-GLORY/dp/B000RFT770

Thumbnail by taters55

Yes, don't buy them I have some of those I will send you.

Sunset, LA

Nope. Joeswife, what do they (Kniolas Black Knight) look like in person? Does anyone grow President Tyler or Joyce Cobb?

They are a dark purple that looks more like a black from afar. You get up close and they are a really dark purple. Joyce Cobb is pretty ,too, she has a different color.
I don't recall President Tyler...

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Thanks Debra.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms CatalySwitch. Glad to see you join us. I've grown Joyce Cobb before and do want to find my seeds if they are still viable to grow them this year.
I don't think I've grown Pres. Tyler.
Linda, I think I saw that pretty pic of Kniolas Black in Lowes.
Pretty blooms Debra.
I place some mgs outside a little while ago for some real sun. I got my first hummer yesterday.

Gautier, MS

Still the rest are inside.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helena. No hummers here yet.

Nice blooms from 2017 catalystswitch,. Lookiing forward to your new blooms.
Debra, I think Pres Tyler is another black Knight look a like,
Linda, I haven;t seen the new Kniolas Black Knight Morning.

To the new thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1470944

This message was edited Mar 9, 2018 1:04 PM

Sunset, LA

Oh wow, so beautiful. How many of you are growing these plants indoors? Do they do as well? Joeswife, what are those first two? Helena, what is the variety you have as your avatar? You guys are making me want to grow the speckleds. Your photos here are even prettier than the breeder/commercial images. Image attached is a mystery cross from last year that had weirdly large blooms for being non-ruffled.. Been calling it Chiaki's Cooler Sister, though it's unlikely they are related.

Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch

Scroll up and follow the link to the new thread.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.