Morning Glories 2018 #01

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We were here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1465532
2012 pics

1st 2 Blue Lavender Beauty/Lavender Beauty

Last 2 the Mutant DFNM Diluted Fuji no Murasaki

This message was edited Jan 3, 2018 5:13 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread.
Beautiful blooms.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie.

Thanks ladies

Gautier, MS

Boy, is it cold outside! Thought February was supposed to be our coldest month.

Helena, we're coming out of the deep freeze this coming week, temps in the 50's for a few days, How great that sounds.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

finally a sunshine, yesterday and 1/16th inch of moisture! ( today ) I love love love that lav beauty, Jackie. Been working with Rose as she prepares for the re-take of her final board practical. Oh golly I am praying she passes, She has been so stressed out it is killing me. Praying she passes and get this deal over with. Joe and I both are so tired of her angst. I almost got put to work today at Sallys Beauty Supply, LOL. I told them I would bring the application back later, it is 20 hours a week. I still have another trip to san antonio before I go back to work anywhere.. will be working on seeds again as soon as this testing is over. Hope there is not a fail and all the drama that comes with it. My sticto is getting buds. I had a double yellow datura bloom and totally missed it. all this Rose stuff has put the brakes on my indoor gardening. from the teens to the 50's tomorrow!

I hope Rose passes her test so you and Joe can quit worrying, about that at least.
Lots of stress here too Debra.
I would love to see your pretty dbl yellow Datura. Hope you can catch it blooming
soon.
I hope 20 hours a week won;t be too much for you, that's still half of a regular work week.

This message was edited Jan 8, 2018 2:05 AM

Gautier, MS

Hope you do ok with working part time Debra.

Here's some blooms from 2016, I think. Can't wait for warmer weather and spring.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helena. Wish my speckled blooms would turn out as pretty as yours. Ready to give up on them. Your last bloom looks a lot like the cross I got
in 2013 with mauve splash and aogakiyama, lovely

Helena, those are beautiful!

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. I can't remember the name of the speckled one, I know it's not Fujishibori.

Oh my goodness! Both of you have posted some beautiful blooms. Love them all. No news on test, yet. Joe is making a pie, I'm relaxing as much as I can right now. Not quite ready to go to work, but once it warms up I'll be ready. ( I hope)
I have not turned in the application yet. The double bloom yellow datura is putting out more buds. I guess, I need to keep an eye on things down there..

Thanks Debra, let us know when you hear something about your tests,

Gautier, MS

A beautiful warm sunny day here in MS! It's a spring day.

Was supposed to get up to 60 but didn;t make it, Not an enjoyable daY
with a heavy mist.We haven;t seen the sun in over a week here, very depressing

We have been in the 70's here. Not bad at all.

So glad you are sort of warm there Linda. How are you feeling? I have been so cold that all I want to do is sleep. Rose passed her test! YAY! I have been looking for the blooms, but find bugs instead downstairs, ugh. Poodle hibiscus is blooming right now..

I am doing pretty good. Wind is blowing from the north, and it is blowing mountain cedar pollen. Everyone is fighting allergies.

Gautier, MS

So now we are freezing the last two days with the cold front, very cold and windy.
Terrible to see all the bad weather all over.

Glad Rose passed her test.

I feel bad for those folks in California.. I hope they get some trees planted soon!
I found a pod on a plant that gave me one light beige seed. I am guessing it's a light blue type i nil?

Debra, some of the Saz's have light sds as does the silks,
Blue marble Not, BMN also has lite sds. I'm sure there's others.
So happy for Rose.

Helena, we have an 8 degree nite coming Tues nite, was 20 here last nite.

This message was edited Jan 13, 2018 1:05 PM

Gautier, MS

Oh my goodness Jackie, I am freezing here. We are still supposed to have colder weather too. I fit's 20 or 8 degrees, it's way too cold for me.
I potted up some more germinated seeds today. I can't wait for warmer temps and springs.
Glad you still finding seed pods Debra, few other mg with beige seeds are China Doll and Blushing Bride.

Helena, I hope our temps moderate soon. Its been almost a 3 week stretch of bitter cold temps (for us) Ready for spring too.

Thanks, guys.. the sun is shining, up to 40 today. SIL said in the 70's for SAN ANtonio SHE IS TRYING SO HARD TO GET ME BACK DOWN THERE. Sorry, caps locks. Going back down to single digits Tuesday for a few days again. If the sun shines its not so bad, and if the wind doesn't blow even better. Going to get these seeds rangled out this afternoon while football is on.

Debra, let me know when you will be in san Antonio.

Gautier, MS

Still windy and cold here.
I took a pic of my plain Gypsy Bride yesterday in greenhouse. Inside my laundryroom I have over 30 seedlings and young vines growing. I they make it to late March when I can have them outside.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Lovely bloom Helena on your Gypsy Bride

Beautiful bloom for sure.

Gautier, MS

Glad I have my other mgs inside. It was drizzling rain last night, we got light spray of snow this morning. It's actually frozen on the hood of the cars and grass. Kids are off school, shipyard closed too. Probably many other places too, delaying workers to go in. Sun tried to come out, when it does it probably won't last long.

Bitter cold here last nite, around 5-7 degrees.I hope that's the worst of it, should be
60 here by this weekend. We got 2 or 3 inches of snow Helena on Monday nite. No school here either.

Gautier, MS

It's warming up here for now, beautiful sunny day. It was still freezing during the night and morning, school was delayed for an hour this morning. Supposed to be warming up after one more night of cold. It got down to 17 degrees or so, The coldest 3 days I can ever remember.

Helena, finally above freezing here about 30 minutes ago. 1st time since Monday evening we've been above freezing. Should be in the 40's today, a tropical heat wave. :-)

Jackie, it's trying to climb to the 40's here too , today. It's a nice change, still no moisture tho. Helena that Bloom is gorgeous. I can't believe how cold it has been for you Southerners. Linda, of course I will let you know. I am hoping all of you have the best health and stay warm.

It is cold here too. 28 at night, and maybe 35 during the day. But tomorrow is supposed to be 61.

Gautier, MS

Felt great to have a warm day yesterday. Sun is out today so another day to enjoy before a few cold ones get us again.

My mgs are growing and looking good!

Sun is trying to come out and up to 62 today. Windy and dry, tho. Was not feeling well yesterday, a new med makes me nauseous. Wish I didn't have to take this stuff.
I am looking forward to some blooms, Helena.

Debra, I would hate to have the cold temps you get there in Kansas.
Linda, I would love your temps except for June thru Sept.
Helena, warmed up here too but weather man says a very cold spell coming again
in Feb, oh no. Since we were in the deep freeze, i hope it killed off some fleas.

Hello, everyone. Hope you are all warm now. I've had a bug of some sort, so I've been offline. I'm hoping to see some blooms, soon from ya all.

Hope you're back to feeling better soon Debra.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.