Morning Glories 2018 #01

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Lots of nasty bugs going around. Be careful.

Gautier, MS

Hope your feeling better too Debra.

We are having very cool mornings but warming up some during the day. I've placed
6 oldest vines in window sill to get some natural sun.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I can't wait to see your blooms, Helena. It's weird. My tummy hurts when it is empty. As soon as I get food in it, it quits. as soon as it's empty it hurts. I already had and was treated for h pylori about 30 yrs ago, they say they can't "treat" it again. *sigh*
I really hope its not an ulcer. Going to Dr next week. Someone post some blooms! :D

Sure hope you find out whats going on Debra.

Went through my photos and found a few from 2015

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Debra, if it turns out to be an ulcer, be sure and take aloe vera for it.
Nothing better, take the gel caps at nite so they can work on that ulcer while you;re asleep.
Beautiful purps Linda from 2015.

oh how beautiful! Thank you. :D

Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms Linda.

Göppingen, Germany(Zone 7b)

Hi Ladies!

My Ochracea is once again in flower - this time it seems to keep most of the leaves over winter, and I've allowed it to "lock the window"

The hamamelis is a present for a friend celebrating her 50th birthday today, and the heleborus is what I always show people ripping out any weed - they have chosen to grow in my garden on their own. I hope both will lift your spirits, Debra: please get well soon!

Both first and last one (upload seems to get mixed up somehow): once again Cuscuta europaea - a morning glory relative which lives as a parasite on stinging nettles.

Martin

This message was edited Jan 27, 2018 3:00 PM

Thumbnail by pmmGarak Thumbnail by pmmGarak Thumbnail by pmmGarak Thumbnail by pmmGarak Thumbnail by pmmGarak
Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Hi all! Never noticed this forum before and I love my morning glories. I see my old friend Debra recently posted too. I will have to remember to check in now and then and post some morning glory pics. Switching from my tablet to phone were my pics are stored. How fun. XD

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Finding this thread on my phone took a few, but I am back to post so pics before I start cleaning house. Surprise from my daughter last Valentine's Day. Maybe I'll get some this year too.😉

Thumbnail by greenbrain Thumbnail by greenbrain Thumbnail by greenbrain

pmmGarak, Love the flowers you posted.

Greenbrain, glad you found us. Keep posting your beautiful flowers.

Gautier, MS

Nice blooms Garak, love seeing ochracea bloom!

Pretty blooms too Greenbrain, glad you joined us.

Nice pics Martin
Greenbrain love your mg's,

Gautier, MS

It was a windy and cold morning here.

My mgs in laundry room. Still working on getting them in bigger cups. My mgs enjoying the warm sun by the window sill. Pic sideway, cause I took it as a portrait.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, your mg vines look great.

They look very happy and healthy.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. I'm glad when I see the sun out to warm them up.

One more very cold month, for me,until it starts to warm up and you know Spring
can't be far behind By the 1st day of March I can see new leaf buds on the trees. :-)

Gautier, MS

This strange weather here, cold nights and mornings. Warm afternoons, almost like spring.

Blooms from June 2016

This message was edited Feb 1, 2018 2:28 PM

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Same here. 40 at night, 70's in the afternoon.

Beautiful blooms!

Hi everyone, beautiful pictures and blooms. Hi Green!
I love seeing your posts here, everyone.
I've been sick, but I'm feeling better now.. this up and down weather needs to go away.
no blooms here yet, so here is a few from August. 2017

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Beautiful blooms from 2016 Helena.
What I'd give for your Spring like days Helena and Linda,
sounds great, 24 here tonight
2013 Rosita and Aogakiyama x Choc silk

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies, wish we all had good weather.

Glad your feeling better Debra. Beautiful blooms.

Beautiful blooms too Jackie. Just a bit longer till Spring gets here!

Sorry to hear that you have been sick Debra. So many have this crud going around.

Beautiful photos.

Oops, missed your post and lovely blooms Debra. Hoping we all enjoy beautiful blooms in 2018. Glad you're feeling better.

Hi everyone, it is bitterly cold here still. feeling a little better, finally! love the Rosita and the Aogakiyama x Choc silk , Jackie.

Thanks Debra,
Slow going trying to get over that horrible flu Debra. Glad you're somewhat better.
Praying I don;t get it, taking my Vit C gummys and drinking a little orange juice.

Gautier, MS

Just looking forward to better weather and mgs blooms!

Blooms from 2016

This message was edited Feb 7, 2018 7:54 AM

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms. It won't be too long before we get blooms.

Gorgeous blooms Helena. Beautiful color on all three.
A few of mine from 2017
Got 2 sds only from this lovely Saz Lav. I'll try again this summer for sds Debra.
Some of the Saz's are stubborn with the sd making.
# 2 is Saz Lite not.
# 3 Plum Surprise
My special Begonia Phantom
Beg Maurice Amey

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

I don't know why some pics are sideways. I'll try again
Oops this wasn't the sideways pic

It was going to come out sideways again when i tried and previewed. I dont understand why,
not sideways in my file

This message was edited Feb 7, 2018 1:23 PM

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie, love the colors of your mgs. Good looking begonias too.

I bet we all end up with beautiful blooms this year. It seems like forever when that will be, really counting on Helena and Linda to get us started, tho. :D
Love the colors on your blooms, Helena and Jackie. Especially fond of number 3 of Helenas' and number 2 of Jackies' plum surprise. Wow- your begonias are big! I have finally killed my begonias without meaning to, maybe I'll try again. I'm losing interest in houseplants and tropicals , tho. *sigh* Joe assures me he will "take care of" the stuff downstairs if I go to Texas next month. I won't go anywhere until this deep cough and sinus stuff is all the way gone. We have had so many deaths due to the flu in this area. some more pretties... from the past.. I have no clue how to advise you on the sideways uploads, Jackie. I wish I could help.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Beautiful photos ladies.

Everyone is having problems with sideways photos. It is a DG problem.

Thanks girls.
Lovely blooms Debra, esp the pretty purps.
Thanks for letting me know Linda.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Debra. I hope we all have great blooms this year.
Hope you get rid of your cold and sinus debra.

I think at least my pics turning sideways is when I turn my camera (phone) vertical position instead of horizontal that when I post its sideways. Sometimes it works if I can rotate the pic on my computer before going to DG to post.

I also lost quite a few of my tropical plants in gh b/c of not watering them when they needed it. That's how bad I am about going out in the cold.

Helena, what you said about the sideways pics just rung a bell. i did take that taller Beg pic with my camera turned the opposite direction. I did turn it right side
up in my file but it still used the original shot
Sorry you lost some of your pretty tropicals Helena. I hate going down to'the greenhouse in the bitter cold too.

Gautier, MS

That happens to me too Jackie. It would be nice if it did work the way it's supposed to.

I still have a few tropical left that maybe may still pull thru.

I took some angel trumpet and Begonia cuttings today Helena. I have tons I need
to be doing in the g house. Repotting and spraying to name a couple.
Maybe I can start getting a few things done, just hard to find the time.

I see to do things in spurts now when I have energy. It's 20 out right now. I've been too cold!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.