Morning Glories 2017 #17

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We were here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1461523
Wish I knew the id of this big pink all from 2013
no Mai or Debras lovely unknown pink
another unknown , I nil leaves
little wildflower, does anyone recognize it. I didn;t see it this yr, dh might have mowed b4 it bloomed.

This message was edited Nov 7, 2017 12:54 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Love your beautiful blooms Jackie. That is a pretty pink color on the first bloom. No Mai will always be special. I like the color of that fourth bloom too. Always love wildflowers but don't recognize your pretty yellow.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

It looks familiar to me, that yellow wild flower. I think I know it, but right now, it's too late. Loved your pink purps and cant wait til Gypsy blooms today, Helena.
Jackie, Miko no Mai " Sybil's Dance" are seeds I have been growing sharing and saving for ever since I started here and got the originals from Onalee. I also had a two toned pink and white, and a solid pink called Pink Supreme from Emma. I had those this year, but a couple years ago, I got a purple no mai from seeds that prolly came as a result of cross pollinating with a purple i nil. I still have those seeds, too. Pretty sure all the GS you sent I grew out and they were all different, too. Isn't it fun to watch the different varieties? akai> akatsu? ? why does that sound right.
The last pic made three pods in 2011, Emma wanted them, so I sent them to her, and I have no idea where I got it from. LOL

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Thanks Helena.
Beautiful pinks Debra. In about 2011 Purple no Mai showed up in my regular pink Akatsuki no Mai's. I remember Becky saying "but its purple" and so it was..
I still have sds too but I don;t know if they will come true. I was not hand pollinating
back then.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful pink blooms Debra. They are special.

My Gypsy Bride is very disappointing this morning, can't barely see slight coloring probably b/c of lack of sun. Indica has a nice bloom on lower vine. Shrimp plant blooming nicely too. The pink hige will open tomorrow outside.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Well, that makes sense, Jackie. Helena, thank you for posting some beauties today. this is an inside day. I have some testings tomorrow, so wont be doing much today in prep for it. meanwhile, I am really loving that i indica.
memories from cool mgs in the past

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Love your blooms Helena. How nice to see a shrimp plant, beautiful color
Maybe your GB will open a little more as the day goes on
Pretty blooms from the past.Debra, wishing you well on your tests tomorrow

A few from 2012, 09-21.

1 is Blue Marble not
2 Blue silk
3 no sora
4 Blue tie dye
5 Pink Tie dye

This message was edited Nov 8, 2017 1:20 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Debra and Jackie.

Beautiful blooms from the past. Hope you have good results on your testing Debra.

Wow awesome blooms from 2012 Jackie. Love those colors.

It's been gloomy all day here, wish it had rained. All the plants outside need a good soaking.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Good luck on your test Debra.
Beautiful flowers everyone.

Well, to my surprise, I can post some blooms. A few weeks ago, I saw some morning glories starting to grow on my fence, and they put out blooms yesterday.

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55
Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Linda! Happy to see them, I love those kind of surprises.

We had a light shower this morning and I was too busy doing errands to check for blooms.

Thanks Helena.
Glad you got some blooms :Linda. Very pretty.

I'm home, glad to see all the beautiful colors and blooms past and present. I'm fine, will talk later, but have to say I think the pink and blue tye dyes I grew in past came from you, Jackie. Thanks! Linda so happy you have blooms , pretty to look at. Sun came out and it warmed up of course I am not feeling like going out right now, but hope it is like this tomorrow.

Glad you're home and thru with all that testing that takes our coffee and any thoughts of food away. I could use the fasting as fat as I;m getting. Hope you treat yourself to a great dinner.
It warmed up here too, had to open the greenhouse but time for me to shut it again as it will be 39 tonight
Debra, I'm going to look thru my 2012 seeds to see if I can find any seeds coming from blue tie dye, just pretty much my favorite mg of all time and the sds elude me
which is driving me crazy. The last time I ordered blue Tie Dye sds I got purple sds instead.From Burpees or Parks

Gautier, MS

Glad your back Debra. Hope you get to go outside tomorrow and enjoy the sun.

Three in the afternoon I noticed that I did miss a few pretty blooms outside including GB that I left out with pink eyes, I think they were probably blue in the morning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, those are so pretty.

Gorgeous colors to end the night with, Helena. Thank you for that! Jackie, I still have seeds from you, when I get a couple hours alone I plan on going thru all my mg seeds from trades and gifts to see what I have left. Glad you have a greenhouse to put things in for the winter! Have a great night, I'm headed to bed.

Beautiful blooms Helena. That 2nd bloom in 2 shades of blue and white is a beauty.

Debra, I still have tons of seeds all the way back to 2007 from several people. If my life wasn't so complicated right now, i would start a bunch of them.
Hope you got to play outside today. a sunny but cool day here

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda, Debra and Jackie. Look at the faded colors of that hige still opened this morning. It was a cool morning but sunny so it warmed up really nice here.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Lovely Helena, especially the one that was blue and white now purple and white.
I like the others too.

Helena, those are so pretty.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. Glad I'm still getting blooms!

I love the color of this pink purpurea from yesterday just starting to close this morning. This delicate pink hige from Onalee's! Third pic with neat color, same with Indica. Another hige for last.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful colors in those morning glories!

Gorgeous blooms this morning Helena.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. It's raining lightly this morning so I won't be checking for blooms.
These blooms are from 2015.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks for the pretty blooms Helena. Still love the big lite pink and white in the center, Blushing Bride or Chocolate Silk cross???

Those are beautiful blooms.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. That was Blushing Bride from 2015. I need to grow a couple more of them.
Have not checked for blooms, probably don't have any.

wow , a lot of pretty colors, Helena. Just got back from KC

Got some good news from the biospy they took last week.. all clean on the colon area.. now they want me to "take a cure" for Hep c, I'm not too sure what that is, if it is chemo, I wont do it. Appt this Thursday to discuss treatment. Anyway, that blue Fuji is blooming like crazy, but it is climbing into the crack of the lowered ceiling down there.. Billbergia nutans
"queens tears" aka friendship plant is getting ready to bust out out with blooms.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Debra let us know when you hear something about your tests. Praying for good news.
DD and DH gone to shop for our Thanksgiving meal. this is the latest we've waited.
Hope we can still find our chicken broth, etc. Dentist appt for me later today, trying to get some work done on this yrs deductible.
Slow rain here this morning and it will turn cooler after the rain,.

Glad to hear your test are good.
Love that queens tears.

I missed your post Debra, glad your colon test is good. Be sure and drink some
dandelion tea for your hep c. Nothing better for it.
Gorgeous queens tears. I've mistreated mine so no blooms for yrs.
going'to repot a few offsets and see if I can get blooms. Billbergias make the prettiest bromeliad blooms but I wish they would bloom longer than a week or two..

Gautier, MS

Glad you get good reports Debra, hoping it same for next week.
Beautiful blooms on your mg and queen tears.

I took pics of these 3 higes yesterday but didn't get to post. Very cool morning here.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helena.

Gorgeous blooms Helena. So glad you're still getting such pretty hige blooms. :-)

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. Higes and purpureas are certainly good vines to have for late fal blooms. A few more blooms this morning. The last is the blue bloom this morning and pinkish from yesterday.l

Those are beautiful. Glad you still have blooms.

Love your blooms Helena. Wish mine were still blooming
From July 2011
Choc Silk cross
China doll not no sds
Tempest
Lovely Pink Asago
Purple Tie Dye

This message was edited Nov 17, 2017 12:45 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.

Pretty blooms Jackie. I'm glad we have pics from years past. Always good to see what we had blooming then.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.