Morning Glories 2017 #17

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

So glad you got some rain, Helena. We have not had rain for almost a month now. Use to be it has already snowed. now it is still in the 60's!

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Happy you got some rain Helena. We're way behind too. Our 2nd
lowest rainfall total for fall since they;ve been keeping records.
I wonder about my Wisteria. I can't remember if its been dropping all its lvs for winter or not. It was bone dry when a very cold nite hit a few weeks ago. I
hope I haven;t lost it,
Debra it should be a lot colder here too, temps in the 60's. I really enjoyed the warm temps.
It will be quite a bit colder next week
after a cold front comes thru.

This message was edited Dec 1, 2017 4:03 AM

My Spec mg still sitting on the bar had a bloom this morning. It was very
pretty although I couldn't get a decent pic.
2nd pic is a small Confederate Rose Hibiscus still in a small pot in the g house.
My large Confederate rose is also setting buds. Last winter, all the buds dropped
without opening. Maybe it needs on the other end of the g house in more sun.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beautiful blooms Jackie.

Gautier, MS

Your spec mg is beautiful Jackie. Glad you got the confederate rose hibiscus bloom.

I haven't noticed any blooms on my confederate rose this year. Haven't been going out to check lately.

Thanks Linda and Helena. Hope your Confederate Rose blooms soon Helena.

I love that color on your Sp Mg, Jackie. I just got over a tummy bug, from eating expired yogurt. I have not felt that sick in a long time! Now I am really checking dates on things. I saw some teeny blooms on a vine downstairs, I don't know why the blooms are so small, the leaves are regular size. Maybe I need to feed my plants.
Hope we get some rain, soon! I am on the last bottom quarter of my rain barrels.
Mums are still in full bloom, there are dandelions blooming, we lost three neighbors in one week. ( Moved) who knows what is coming next, eh? The low is 30 degrees higher than normal , tomorrows high will be 20 degrees higher than normal, then we drop into the 20's after that for lows. My wisteria dropped most of it's leaves. it has never bloomed, I have chopped it , dug it, thought it was gone and gave away, but it sprang back this last Spring! *sigh*
There is at least one seed of these in each "mix" packet I am putting together for ya all. Have a great day, tomorrow!

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Glad you're feeling better Debra. I hate a stomach virus, such a horrible feeling.
Our winter temps have been nice too, way above normal but we have 40's coming
in a day or two and 25 degree temps for lows. We need some cold temps or the'fleas will be horrible again this next summer,.
Looking forward to growing those beautiful mg's from your sds, thank you.

Glad you got rid of that bug, they can be so bad.
Beautiful blooms, can't wait to get the seeds.

Gautier, MS

Glad your feeling better Debra. Those are beautiful blooms Debra. Our temps have been warm too, I don't think we've had any real cold days yet. I'm not looking forward cold days either.

Well, it is 34 right now, got down to 29 I guess. Still no rain, watched the peeps EAST of us ( Arkansas and Missouri) get some rain , tho. Will be working downstairs for a while today. it is amazing how the pandurata and the convolulous disappear totally in winter.
I have seeds in net bags everywhere downstairs that I am sorting thru and if those are tagged, will send those in packets with ID. Sun is out and it is going to get all the way up to 50!

Getting cool here too. High of 50 today. Rain tomorrow with a high of 40, and 34 tomorrow night. Looks like we will get our first freeze.

Gautier, MS

We could use more rain here too. It hasn't really gotten cold here yet. I missed a purpurea bloom in gh yesterday. Had to put Gypsy Bride vine outside, spider mites did a number on the leaves. Missed another purpurea or hige on fence today but the roses are doing good and blooming.

We've got cold temps that are going to hurt after our wonderful warm above normal
temps. I was really enjoying them. Glad you're still having the warm temps Helena.

Gautier, MS

Well, it started raining yesterday evening off and all along with colder temps. Still raining too. I had a bloom on Gypsy Bride outside so it's back in gh. Didn't get a pic. Not crazy with the cold now, they say maybe even snow probably most likely in North MS.
Two blooms from earlier this week.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

How nice it is to see your lovely blooms this morning Helena. The beautiful blue shibori is just what I needed :-)

I was surprised to see an ochracea open this morning. Wish I had taken better'care of it now. The pot has a huge hole on the left side and dirt working out of the pot onto the shelves, No time to clean it, will be worse than that come spring.
My Abutilon, it seems to like the cooler temps of fall and winter.
Guess I need to pollinate my ochracea bloom by hand

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

really nice blooms to gaze at tonight, thanks, Helena and Jackie. My sis in law in San Antonio called and it has snowed there and she sent pics of the neighborhood families all outside in the dark playing and making snowmen. I think they got two inches maybe three she said? First snow in 38 years there. We are still in drought. No blooms downstairs, still sorting seeds and playing with Oona, my grand cat. She loves me! I've been freezing even with the heat on, it got down to 19 last night and is at about 20 something right now. SO glad to not have to get out in it to drive to work, I hated warming the car up.
love that yellow bloom, Jackie.

Thumbnail by joeswife

Amazing re the snow in San Antonio Debra. Still in drought here too, not
enough rain last week. The door between my kitchen and small dining room doesn't want to close now, the house foundation shifting because of no rain
Ooma is a beautiful cat.

This message was edited Dec 8, 2017 5:34 AM

Beautiful blooms ladies. I love that cat too.
We had snow yesterday.

Thumbnail by taters55

Good morning! We got down to 14 but now we are up to 27. I am sitting here gazing at the birds coming here and there, a squirrel got on the feeder and upended the food everywhere, oh well. Not a breeze out there. I'll have to put some water in the bird bath. Our house has been shifting as well, Jackie. I have four doors here that will not shut right now. I measured the crack in the wall beside me here. it has traveled two and a half inches since last January. Earthquakes and drought make improvements a wasted effort. Went to check vines downstairs, still no blooms yet.

Can't believe you got snow too Linda K, I don't envy anyone the snow, afraid I will
fall and break something.
We will get snow here next month most likely. Jan is when we usually get some snow and ice.
Debra, we won;t worry here about trying to adjust the foundation unless it gets to where we cant close and lock the front and back door. I wonder if my homeowners insurance covers it.

Time for a new thread. Off to get the tracking #'s.

To the new thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1465532

This message was edited Dec 8, 2017 2:29 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.