We were here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1459037
A few on my fence opened today
Blue Star of India
My lovely Purple Star, rhis one saved my growing yr from being a
complete disaster
a different P Star, had 4 open today
Plum surprise
Purple fuji??

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Bump

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beautiful blooms ladies.

I sent some seeds to Debra. They can be very hard to start.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

oh my goodness. Helena that hige is awsome! Also did I see a shibouir looking hige?>
Linda, I am hoping , I did plant a couple of those seeds.

Jackie, love your Star Of India, you know I love those. Your purples have been shining stars this year.

Watching the hummers come to the feeders in front of me again. I dont know where the bees went, but they left and hummers returned? Strange!

Thanks Linda and Debra.
Very interesting Debra about your hummers and the bees
I hope my BSOI makes seeds, If it makes just a few, I will share. :-)

Gautier, MS

Awesome blooms Jackie, they are to die for. Love all the color.

Jackie, I think that hige was a dull pink color, maybe b/c of the cool weather gave it extra splash of color.

Well, I am watching a momma hummer chase away a few bees now. LOL You'd think with 5 feeders, someone would be able to dine alone. I found A beautiful Blue with pik throat open this am and a couple other i nils open, one from Helena and One from Jackie, so here is hoping you recognize them. One is up against the kitchen window screen. sorry LOL

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Gautier, MS

Here are a few blooms from today. The first is a bloom from a feathered violet hige volunteer I found blooming near the fence. The last #4 is Fuji country blue with half decent bloom.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Debra, I only recognize your last one as Lavender chiffon blzd.``

Beautiful blooms everyone.

Lovely blooms Debra. Your 1st bloom kinda looks like the bloom i get on my
Purple Tie dye on occasion. But not saying thats what it is, The Lav chiffon blizzard is a beauty.
Helena, love your blooms today. Is # 3 Dany;s Summer Rain? Love'the last Fuji
that couldn;t make up its mind what color it should be. Pretty higes too.

oh Helena, you always have the prettiest blooms and variety. I love the higes and the white with a bit of blue on it.
Last evening I Planted True PPV, from Jackie ( from Emma) , some mauve splash, Helena's blue star with flag, purple splash and a few from a pack marked special mgs front tub. Windy day here, watching my grand cat check things out while everyone is gone for a little bit.
She is a curious, small and ferocious little thing. Her name is Oona, and I think she loves tuna. Joe calls her Oona Tuna, I call her Tuna Oona LOL no mgs to post .

Glad you got to start some mg seeds for winter bloom Debra.
We can enjoy the pretty blooms with you. I;ve been trying to start a few
for weeks now. Just too much to do to get to it. Over 50 plants
begging for a bigger pot some of them as big as I am. (plummies)
Debra, are your tests coming up soon?

White hige and Plum Surprise today

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. No Jackie, that white with blue specks is a purpurea. Dany's Summer Rain stopped blooming but has a seed pod or two. That's what's wrong with my vines this year. They have a few blooms now and then and go dormant. I have it in the gh so maybe it'll revive.
Pretty blooms Jackie. So glad to see Plum Surprise blooming for you.I took a pic of Fuji Country bloom just before noon, when it turned to I guess the color it should before closing. Two plants of Salvia Mexicana with slight different colors.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Pretty blooms everyone.

Thanks Helena and Linda
Helena,. Fuji Country Blue is a beauty. Pretty Salvias too.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.

My only bloom today. No ID, just purple.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

That is a beautiful purple bloom!

Loving all your blooms , Helena, and Jackie. I wish I could loan you Charlie for a day, he would get ya all fixed up with those big pots of plants. ( Man, that purple noid is really cool!) Still a lot of purps here..Pandy is finished blooming, flying sucers is too, but it is loaded with seed pods. The white moon flower vine is still blooming also, the passion vines will be cut down ( again) to be brought in with no blooming going on this summer. *sigh* Castor bean ,moonvine, Zebrina , and my darling grand cat, Oona.. I have been sitting here watching my hummers chase away the bees this am. I just have to watch them, they tell me when winter is on the way...and so far, they are still here!..Today is date day at the movies . have a great day!

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

I love that purple bloom Helena. It looks like the one that reminded me of a Kikyou.
Its a very pretty mg.
Love your blooms Debra. If you get sds on the Zebrina, please save me a few.
Pretty Castor bush with pretty lvs and blooms. Extremely poison though
Oona looks very sweet and shes a pretty girl.
A possible last flush of blooms on Lav chiffon
Deformed Saz
Blurry Pink Ga Strait

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms ladies, and Debra, I love your cat!
I have some castor seeds somewhere, I need to get them planted. Do they get to be a big plant?

Gautier, MS

Love your pretty blooms Debra. Glad you are enjoying the hummers Debra.

Jackie, pretty blooms too. I have a plant to has similar leaves of castor bean. Didn't know they are poisonous. It didn't grow enough to do much for me.

Lost my post I thought I sent last nite. Linda, the red ones don;t get as tall as the green leaved ones. the green leaved bush gets as tall as 6 feet in a pot taller in the ground. The red maybe 3 to 4 feet I;m guessing,
It may just be the sds that are poison, more poison than cyanide and even more than
a rattlesnake bite. At one time they would not let anyone bring them (seeds) across rhe border into the US

Helena, they're ok just not my favorite.

This message was edited Oct 4, 2017 11:55 AM

Gautier, MS

Here's a few blooms for today.
#4 is a banana spider that has been trying to catch bugs, he build a web by the front door. I walked right into it early this week, kind of learn to do karate! But his still alive, just moved to different areas.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks for the info Jackie.

Helena, I would have a heart attack if I saw that spider. I hate any type of bug that surprise me like that!
Beautiful flowers!

Linda, I call that spider a writing spider and he won;t hurt you. I used to bump into them all the time. He just wants a p[lace to spin his web and catch bugs. He's not'interested in us.
Beautiful blooms Helena. I love the beautiful pink flower. Is it from a berry plant or a Rose? Berries and roses are in the same family Rubus I think.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.

Darn, that spider got me again this morning. I'm not afraid of him but I'm going to have to catch him and move him to the back yard.

Jackie, that pink bloom is a butterfly rose. I forget the name, it changes colors starts out light peach then turns pink, (I think).

Finally got the bloom I've been waiting for, Gypsy Bride, now hope it makes seeds.
Definitely going to the gh later on for protection from the cold.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helena. So glad you finally got the bloom you have been waiting for.

Helena, we used to have to move our writing spiders too
DH would place them in the windows (outside) and they were happy there,
Beautiful Gypsy Bride. I can tell from the pretty blue dots, I hope'it makes sds for you. It doesn't like the heat too much so now that its cooling down, hopefully it will
make lots of blooms.
My Purple star put on quite a show this morning,
Blue Star of India, BSOI
This must be a 2 day Plum Surprise bloom

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie, those are beautiful purple blooms!

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. I moved the spider to the back yard. He was probably very surprised when I caught him.
Glad to know that Gypsy Bride likes cooler weather. Hope I get more blooms.

Jackie, awesome blooms from Purple Star and Plum surprise. Enjoyed the show very much. Loved every one of them!

The thread was locked for replies????? thats what DGmsg read when i tried';to post and send more pics.

Craziest thing I've ever seen.
Thanks Helena and Linda.

This message was edited Oct 5, 2017 7:41 PM

omgosh gypsy bride is beautiful. My JL hige has not blue dots, just the pinkish middle and dots on ends. blooming like crazy, so is the lutea, apricot, and lobata.
Love the blue star of India Jackie! love all your blooms so much. Raining here, me and Oona hung out and watched out the window for awhile, then I went out in tween showers and found Kieryu had bloomed three blooms and was melted by the rain. I love those spiders, I had a different one in front of my back door and every time I went out he moved a little farther away later, so he ended up clear away from the back door. Got some plants soaped washed and in, so many to bring in! It's still warm here, but Joe thinks we should have already started.Joanna sent me this bloom shot today..

Thumbnail by joeswife

Thanks Debra. I feel the pressure to start bringing my plants into the g house too.
But I have to hold off for a while.
Its still hot enough outside that it gets to over 100 in the g house and my plants suffer in the heat. Think I will just keep on cleaning the g house and getting everything ready to go back in.
Pretty gessaku?? from Joanna. I ordered those in the mxd pkt from remy
and a few other mg's.

Gautier, MS

Debra, pretty bloom from Joanna.

There's been times when something was wrong with this site where's it wouldn't let me post or send pictures. Glad it only happens once in awhile.

Here's my blooms for today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

oh so pretty! I really love that hige, and that first purple has such a pretty soft color. Is that orange pumpkin. Jackie, I just have too much and I have been babysitting a century plant for two years and it is 6 ft round. what the heck? some blooms from yesterday I managed to catch in tween rains. It's been a nice cool week of spotty rain , but it is supposed to turn back into summer again thsi afternoon.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Beautiful blooms Helena and Debra.

Love the color on your 1st 2 blooms Helena. Gorgeous higes too, they've been
really pretty this summer. Is that Lil Pumpkin?

Dazzling Dahlia Debra, you always grow some lovely Dahlia's.
Sweet little Apricot candy. Love your
Rebecca or Joyce Cobb whichever it is,

My blooms have almost quit, thank goodness for my Purple star
Saz with blue. Pretty sure my stunted bloom was caused by bugs.
One of my 2 Variegated Monstera's

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

really cool blooms this year from everyone. Remember when I first joined and Ron asked me to go find this plant? It's been found. The mysterious Shumardiana.
http://www.kansasnativeplants.com/guide/plant_detail.php?plnt_id=838
This guy finds everything! His name is Mike. Anyway, interesting because Joanna remembers us going on the trip to find it, and we needed to name this piece of art, and she said name her Shumardiana, Mom. Introducing ,, Shumardiana LOL
pretty sure this came from Helena, lav chiffon? Plum surprise? JL Hige, Blue watercolor?

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Oh my goodness Debra, the shumardiana is a beauty with that purple throat.
Your blooms are lovely today. Love all of them.

The leaves are really interesting on that one, too, Jackie. Makes me want to go find her again, but now that she is found, I won't LOL

We have a storm on the way.. been waiting for it all day LOL. Moved in a few more tropicals to the basement, Slow process, since there are white flys everywhere, I am soaping them up pot , leaves and stems. 4 o clocks are still putting out some color..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.