Morning Glories 2017 #15

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

your morning glories are still so very lovely, Jackie and I am glad you posted them. I think shiva has the pink speck and milky way has the blue, I have both. I wish you all could have sen the monarchs yesterday when it warmed up. Have not sen my hummer since monday, tho. Some of my tomatoes are over a pound on those vines and I am hoping they stay good. Brought in some morning glory vines I started before we left for buffalo, and some of them had bloomed and had seed pods, so I planted them in with the mother vines. I'll have morning glorys this winter as I am bringing in as many as I can that are in pots or hanging pots. Got up to 88 today! Joe has been real good at bringing in the plants to the garage after their soap baths, then they get sprayed out there and then he takes them down a couple days later. My zinnias are just now blooming, and I finally found a white purp that came from my sister. Got your Rebecca, Helena.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Your plants look wonderful in your basement Debra. Glad you brought your mg's in for winter blooms. I may dig up mine on the fence, they;re not growing very deep
I never have a monarch butterfly any more. I can't remember for sure the last time I saw one. 1 more warm day tomorrow then our temps are falling back into the 70's

Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms Debra. Love Rebecca and your Monarch butterflies. Your plants look great.

Jackie, I think I need to dig two of my volunteer higes too. I liked the color of those.
Two blooms this morning. Rained a little last night.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

WOW! I love all your blooms. Thanks for posting them.

Helena, love that beautiful pink hige and the pretty flaked shibori.
Helena, I hope you dig up some of your volunteers to enjoy in the g house this winter.
I haven;t watered my mg's in a week so only had 1 bloom open today.

Gautier, MS

My 2 higes are starting to rebound from the storm, a couple of blooms for today.
Found my turtle on my walk so had to give it a treat.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Your turtle sure loves those strawberries.
Beautiful blooms Helena.

Beautiful higes Helena. Love your soft blue purp too.
I don't know much about turtles but yours must have learned if he comes around,
he'll get something good to eat :-)

A 2 day Plum Surprise
Saz

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.

Beautiful blooms Jackie. I'm glad Plum Surprise has been blooming nicely for you and Saz too. I want to start my old seeds of Saz baby blue blzd, my seeds are old so don't know if I can get them to germinate. I soaked some seeds of different colors yesterday, mostly NID"S hope they germinate too.

Jackie, your blooms are so pretty.

Good luck with your seeds Helena.

wow your huge is gorgeous, Helena, glad u have a turtle to feed, too. Jackie , your Plum surprise is awesome and I think your saz is great. I am sure I had some blooming from one of you. some blooms still here, only small..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Thanks ladies. Helena I hope you can germinate your older seeds.
I've got quite a few I need to sow too b4 its too late.
Lovely blooms Debra, especially that gorgeous purple/lav
My blooms have all but quit.

Pink Ga Strait??
Purple star in differenent color after cold nite

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

prety, Jackie. Hay u guys, what is the difference between orange noah and apricot candy? They look the same to me. The yellow is throwing seed pods if anyone wants any. also, lobata is just now starting to unfurl its blooms racemes, go figure. *sigh* ALL those passion vines have done is throw more leaves, I am ready to toss them. :P
They are crosses but have no clue what thier blooms are like.

Thumbnail by joeswife
Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms Debra and Jackie. I like all the colors you are getting Debra.

Jackie,I think that pink one I think might be a pink rambler. I'll have to take a better look. Not sure unless you have two vines growing close together. Usually you can tell by the leaves. As usual your purple star is outstanding even in cool weather.
I found new seedling I rescued when pulling some weeds from pot, in same pot a bud to open in a day or two.

This message was edited Oct 16, 2017 4:46 PM

Thanks Debra and Helena.
Deb I wish I had remembered to plant some Mina lobata sds, I really enjoyed those blooms last yr. Seems like the pattern might be different on Orange Noah and
Apricot Candy,. Maybe Helena will weigh in
on your question,. I couldn;t get the tropical passi's to bloom most of the time either I don't buy them anymore.

Helena. I think the pink kinda looks like one of the ramblers too but seems like the lvs were nil type lvs. I can see what looks like the darker pink bars on the bloom.
I;ll try to check out the lvs tomorrow.
So happy I was able to gather a few Purple Star sds for us to grow out

Gautier, MS

Jackie you are right, Mina Lobata has a different shape to its blooms.
My red passion vine had buds before the storm but failed to open. I have it in the gh just will be hard to keep it growing all winter.
Glad you were able to gather some seeds from purple star Jackie.
Only one vine today with 2 blooms. Four o'clocks still had their blooms open this morning. It was really cool here.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Pretty blooms this morning Helena. It was cold here too, down to 39. Got
most of my plants in yesterday and the few I left out seem to be ok. DH
helped me get in the heaviest ones.

Helena, your blooms are beautiful.

We dipped to 48 yesterday and this morning.

Gautier, MS

Glad you got your plants in gh with your dh's help. I think it got down to 56 in the mornings here but it warms up by noon.
Some of my seeds germinated and are doing good, have to get them in soil now. Just made myself more work. Two blooms today, that's all I have to enjoys out of mgs.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blue purp and hige Helena. I liked your 2 higes from the day b4 too.
I had a few tiny blooms open , tiny due to the cold nites.

Blue LYK
Plum surprise
Saz

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Glad u had help, Jackie getting things in. We got a few more moved from garage to basement. only ten more giants to go. still no freezing temps here, 4 o' clocks, mums, marigolds, dahlias, everything still going. Except fancy mgs. Lobata is about to explode for fall. That's okay. Sometimes I wonder why I do this every Fall....

Debra, it gets harder and harder every yr for me to do this. My age showing
for sure. We would be miserable without our flowers, thats why we do it.
I need to plant more perennials and fewer annuals, would be less work.
Dh and dgs got the outside plastic covering on my greenhouse yesterday and today. They still have a little more to do.

Beautiful blooms everyone.
Glad to hear you got the covering on.

42 is the coldest we have had so far.

Hello, morning glory lovers. Who wants to experiment with some special seeds?
here they are in description and growing habits and picture.. : http://www.exotic-plants.de/seeds/climbers/Merremia-bipinnatipartita.php

I have a packet of 30. Please dmail me for interest. These are free for you.
I planted one or two and need to check all my hiding spots outside. I found a weird mg vine in the tank I created out in the dog run. Will get pictures of it. I'll tell you what it is if I find the seed packet.. When will I ever learn to tag stuff or keep at least a written diary instead of bagging all the packets I planted out of into a zip lock. I have so many zip locks of empty or near empty seed packs to go thru. I don't need anything in return except reports on how it does for you.

This message was edited Oct 18, 2017 10:42 PM

I'm so glad to have everything in (pretty much) and the covering on to save energy.
Deb, i would take you up on your kind offer but I already have so many seeds
that I won't ever get planted. I;m sure someone will take you up on your offer,

To the new thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1461523

This message was edited Oct 19, 2017 2:31 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.