Morning Glories 2017 #15

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. That orange color is probably b/c of the cool weather but that from my peach , not pumpkin.
Beautiful blooms Debra. Wish I could grow Dahlias, don't know why just can't get them to bloom.
Love your beautiful purple star and Saz Jackie. They have been very showy.
Just in case I don't show up here tomorrow or the next day, we have a storm warning coming our way. I'm praying they are wrong.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beautiful blooms everyone!

Praying that Nate goes away quickly.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Love those 4 o'clocks. I would love to plant a few next spring.
Dgs swept off my g house benches so I will be ready to carry to the g house soon.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Good morning everyone. I guess we missed the storms and tornadoes here. I am watching my momma hummer drink so much and fly off to her next. I am wondering how long it takes for those babies to get strong enough to fly on their own! I'm still seeing monarchs and swalllowtails and the tiger striped butterflys here too. anyway all the purps are still blooming, about to take a walk to see whats open in way of mgs. Take it slow and easy, Jackie and Helena, while bringing in the plants, i think I pulled a muscle from lugging one downstairs when no one was here..
Helena I am praying that hurricane turns the other way. the basement gardens so far.,,and the little volunteer tommy toes that is really prolific out by the fence.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Debra, your basement looks awesome, but you know you are not supposed to be lifting things by yourself.

Helena, hope the storms from the tornado miss your area. We're sick of
the hurricanes and all that destruction, the likes of which l've never seen b4 on such a giant scale.
Debra, your basement garden is looking good, you got a lot done. Agreeing'with Linda, you should not have lifted and lugged on those huge plants.
I;ve really enjoyed your beautiful Adenium and Hibiscus blooms this summer as well as your pretty mg's.
When I turn on my camera this am, it said to turn it back off and on again which I did and it just keeps repeating that when I comply. So no pics this morning

Gautier, MS

Well, we just had some rain and I'm tired. Been bringing plants in but taking breaks in between. I'm leaving a lot outside some huge pots, just plants that I don't want to be battered by the wind too much. Still praying it doesn't hit us too bad.
Here's what bloomed this morning.
My fav is #4 a volunteer hige with it's first bloom.

Your plants and basement garden looks great Debra!
Jackie hope you can still take pictures.

This message was edited Oct 7, 2017 1:19 PM

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, my camera is definitely going out, just a matter of time. I put in new
batteries and it did the same thing. After 30 minutes, I put my old batteries back in and now its working again, what????. Going to price new cameras.
Helena, love your blooms today. Hope thats all you'll see from Nate and hope its over.
All your blooms are gorgeous but # 4 is a beauty, great color.

Oh I agree, that NUmber 4 is awesome. Hoping you just get rain and nothing worse from Nate.
Jackie, there is a nifty little camera with built in zoom for about 60 bucks at Walmart.
I wish I had that one instead of this monster that Joe got me, but that's okay, I use it. LOL Joe and Charlie will lug the really big giants down there using a dolly. I have dragged some more into the garage, so I can set off a bug bomb in there, one half of the once cleaned out garage is DD's stuff, she had a crisis and is back home for a few weeks) and the other half stuffed with plants in front of the big window in there.

Debra, My main'problem is the software. I want a software that lets me add the next days pics to the current days pic file,. Otherwise I have 30 new files for any given month instead of 1 or 2. smh
Sounds like you get a lot of use out of your garage. I don;t have one here and I do'
miss having the storage space for my overflow plants.

Helena, I didn't realize until the news came on last nite that Nate was just coming ashore.
Praying for you and your family's safety and all in Nate's path.

Helena, your blooms are so pretty.
Please stay safe during the bad weather from Nate.

I didn't realize Helena is so close to the coast until I looked it up ln the wee hours
Anxious to hear from you Helena so we can know you;re ok.

I hope the worst for Helena and her family is that the power is out.

My Pretty Spec MG

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thank you ladies for prayers and good wishes. Thank God he spared us from any bad damage. We had rain and wind but not too bad. The mess it left us was tons of dead braches and the end tips of the good braches. It seemed like somebody just trimmed the ends. I also had just one panel come off my green house. I spent the day with my two boys racking and cleaning the yard. It was just as hard keeping the boys working but there was no playing games until we were done. Our power stayed on too but I was too tired to check in at the forum.
Jackie that is an awesome bloom, sure hope I'll be able to grow that one next year.
Just two blooms for today. First vine survived outside, 2nd inside gh and fav salvia.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks for letting us know you are OK. No major damage is good news!

Beautiful blooms, looks like they survived too!

so glad to see you posting Helena. Pretty blooms! Yours, too, Jackie. Love that special one you have.three of these blooming.. a fewpurpls and the yellow and orange luteas left now. Saw my lil hummer this am, but the colder it got the less I saw it.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Gautier, MS

Hope you are ok Jackie, see you haven't posted today. Hope everything is ok with your family too.

Pretty blooms Debra. Love your butterfly on Titholia(?) Glad you are still seeing hummers. I am too, nice to still have them here!

Thanks Helena and Debra.

Helena, so thankful that you have escaped anything really bad. It could have been'a lot worse. What a horrible hurricane season this has been and not over yet.
Nice blooms Helena in spite of the wind and storms, love your Salvia.

Love your blooms too Debra esp that pretty pink and sweet little lutea. You should have saved your butterfly pic. good enough to enter in the photo contest.
Purple Star
Messed up Purple Tie dye but still kinda pretty.
Oops, started this at noon today. Gk's won't tell me I;ve left an unfinished post just sitting. smh

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Love your photos Debra,
Beautiful blooms from you and Jackie!

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie, the tie dye is a neat bloom too.

Only 2 blooms and a visit from my friendly turtle. Of coarse he gets a strawberry snack!

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Had my post ready to send and asked my DGS not to exit it, just get a new tab but he didn;t listen.
Thanks Helena and Linda. Love your Pink Purp Helena, very pretty as is'the 2nd bloom which has been beautiful all summer. My pink purp wasn;t pretty so not gathering any sds if I can avoid it. Can;t imagine what happened to it.
Cute pic of your friendly turtle.
Drac
Sunrise Mxd bloom fading but a lovely color
Purple star
Purple Star with 1 bloom being a 2nd day bloom

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie.

Your blooms are gorgeous. I'm glad we both grew Dracula, my is done blooming and I got a few seeds from it. Love the color of your sunrise Mxd bloom and your purple star has been stunning.

Helena, and Jackie, your blooms are beautiful. And I love your turtle friend.

Thanks Helena and Linda. My Drac will make a few more blooms but i don;t see
any seed pods forming. Helena I love the Sunrise Mixed almost red bloom too. I;m going to look for my sds so I can plant more next yr but in pots this time
So happy I have a few Purple Star sds for us to share. Will be fun to see what'these seeds make.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda. I'm always surprised when my turtle friend shows up!

Jackie, I need to start sorting my latest batch of seeds though I still have some in gh that need to dry out. This year it's been just enough seeds to share and keep a few from some of the vines. I've been getting butterflies inside gh so have to open the top window to let them out. No bloom pix today.

Helena, I;m gathering seeds now too. My vines themselves are so ugly I want to go ahead and toss but waiting on all my seeds to finish.
I need to carry my plants back to the g house or I;m going to get caught
with them out and a freeze coming. Waiting on dh to staple up 1 of my plastic sheets that came loose.

My split pink with willow lvs made a better bloom today.
Purple Star
Lovely red Mandevilla sorry its blurry
a different Purple star

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Hope your dh staples the plastic for you Jackie. I had my gs help me put my gh panel back up. I think he will be taking over doing some jobs to help out.

Beautiful blooms Jackie. I've enjoyed all your blooms, very showy and special.

Thanks Helena. I know our DH's could do more to help out.
My blooms have just been the same ole, same ole for the most part.
Very disappointed this yr, maybe next yr will be better. Thank goodness for
my few vines that were special.

You had some beauties this yr too.

This message was edited Oct 12, 2017 1:41 AM

Thanks Linda, Helena and Jackie and I think your blooms have been outstanding., and even tho I didn't have the usual amount of blooms here, I am glad I had what I had. I hope you have good weather- all of you to get things done. no hummers today, not many butterflys either, hope they all flew south, it is cold here today .! Turtles usually start looking to hibernate a few weeks before cold -mine that are inside just stay awake all winter now. I am still loaded with peppers and tomatoes.So tired!

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Thanks Debra. another lovely butterfly pic. Pretty Castor Bean too.
Did you get your plants back to the basement? I;ve got
to get started soon or i won;t get them in in time. Wish dgs was
here to help me.

Beautiful blooms everyone.

Gautier, MS

Pretty butterfly Debra and neat castor bean and peppers.

Hope your gs comes around Jackie to help you Jackie. I'm starting to sort some of my seeds into envies. Still too many to do. My internet was messed up this morning with WIFI so I couldn't get on. No pics today either.

Helena, you're ahead of me. I'm still gathering seeds
I still need to make Dr appts. Yesterday i dug up a pretty little mg
and planted it in an 8 oz foam cup. It had purple and blue blooms, going'to try and grow and bloom it in the g house this winter.
Look at this, I think its a 2nd day bloom from Purple Star with a complete color change to more of a pink
Split personality
purp almost like a Milky Way but this one has a diff name I think
Lite Saz with a lite ring around the eye
Dark purps from the other day, now they;re tiny and not so pretty, almost finished

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful morning glories Jackie. Amazing how they change colors.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, beautiful mgs. I love how they change color too. Twice as long to enjoy them.
I have seen the # 3 bloom sold as Shiva on ebay. I like it, very delicate looking!
I think you had some very awesome mgs this year. I still have to collect seeds on the vines left in gh and the purpureas, and higes. Made little progress with sorting seeds.

Thanks girls.
Helena you had some beauties this yr too. I enjoyed them all. .
Glad you got some sorting done.
Next week will be in the 70;s here
so will be carrying plants in all next week.

Helena, check Maggies thread, she has lots of H Blue blooms since she fed hers some bloom booster.
Good news on my strange looking vine with blooms on the stem. it has made 2 sd pods. So I can share a couple of sds with you to see what it makes for you.
Coming off of True PPV from Emma, the darkest and prettiest one I grew in 2015.

couple of Purple Star blooms
Split Personality
Dark purp the darkest I;ve had all season
Can't get over how the willow leaf made a better, less split, bloom in the cooler weather.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie, those are beautiful. Will the cooler weather change the color?

Gautier, MS

Awesome blooms Jackie. I love what your blooms are doing. I should water mine with bloom booster b/c they are taking a break. Where do I go to see Maggies thread? I usually come straight to our thread & forum.

Found it, thanks Jackie. Her blooms of HB look awesome. Amazing what a little fertilizer can do.

This message was edited Oct 13, 2017 1:53 PM

Thanks Linda and Helena. Linda, I had another one in the pink this am but I couldn;t see that it looked pink when I took pics this morning. Something I guess only my'camera could see. Yesterdays dark pink was easy to see.
Helena. if you ever want to look for another thread, just click on morning glories forum
under the big bold black heading running across the top of the page It says
in lighter lettering comminuties, forums. morning glories, just click on mg's forum.
and look for any different mg threads :-)

This message was edited Oct 13, 2017 3:15 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.