Morning Glories 2017 # 12

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We were at this location

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1456530
A beautiful purple hige from 2011

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Glad Debra had a good visit with Joanna too.

Love our beautiful purple hige Jackie.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Jackie, you sent me seeds of your higes from when you grew them in 2012. I sowed them this year.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

wow, beautiful hige, Jackie. Can't wait to see Helena's when they get going.. looks like one of them is #2?
Finally got a passi seed to germinate. Now keeping fingers crossed that it keeps going so I can put it in ground. Need the maypops passi so bad ( notice I said ::need: instead of want..) :P

Thanks Debra and Helena
Debra, I will save you and Helena a fruit off the maypop vine and send it when the fruit matures later in the fall.
Helena, I messed uo last yr when I let your maypop sds dry out. I think they need that
pulpy stuff to germinate.
Beautiful pics Helena. I especially love the last one on the 1st row and
your higes are beautiful.
Had a Purple tie dye, ignore the messy background
True PPV with bug holes, I;ve got more chewing bugs this yr too
Debs pretty pink
I love this unknown blue with purple
Danas Jap Mix

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new room Jackie.
I love all your beautiful blooms.

Debra, I guess i didn;t read your last post very carefully. I see yoiu got a passi sd to germinate. You can let me know if you mneed a fruit off my maypop.

Thanks Linda

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.

I love your beautiful mgs Jackie. All of them are special, love the colors of them.

Thanks Helena.
My 10-10 opened today. course its very tiny and the lvs are
bug-ridden but I will send a pic in the am.

Jackie those blooms are beautiful! especially the tye dye and the true ppv. I came home from kc to find my little passi seedling had succumbed to damp off. dang it. I'll be glad to send these fancy passies to you guys if you want them I have no idea what colors, they were created and crossed by Tropicman, and all they do is vine vine vine.. :P

Thanks Debra. sorry about your maypop. i'll plan on sending you and Helena a fruit
each.
What did you feed your passi's from tropicman?? Plenty of sun??

Off to see if I won the 700 million, lol

Gautier, MS

I do like the passis. I bought a red one from Lowes this year again, it's pretty mature so it has flowered several times. I got a seedling to sprout with beer a few years back, but it died too, it was not for this humid weather we have here.
A beautiful purple from Danys seeds, not blue like the pic shows and the rest of blooms for today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms this morning. I wish I knew why our cameras can't capture the true colors.

Absolutely gorgeous blooms Helena. I especially like
the beautiful lav # 3 and the unusual one # 5.
I love your blue with white bars. Helena on Aug 23, your last photo, what is the name'again?
Linda, it always seems to be the purples that the camera has a hard time
with. Many times they turn out blue. I don;t know whats up with that, bet we
could google and find out,
I;ve got more blooms open this am than I;ve had so far this season,

As promised, 10-10 bloom,a tiny kikyou
Purp star still a favorite of mine
A diff pattern on my Purple TDye, I love this pattern and I think TDye throws this bloom a lot
Purp star with stripes, must be a diff vine than my # 2 bloom
Pink rambler

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

A few more
True PPV
My spec mg
Edo with 2 diff colors again, I have 2 vines in this pot tho
Candy Pink
Plum gray smoke

Jackie those blooms are very pretty, I love the first one.

Thanks Linda. I've missed growing this small mg.. Love the'
red dots

This message was edited Aug 24, 2017 8:05 PM

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. Gorgeous blooms Jackie. Happy you are getting a good show of blooms.
Mine are decreasing, that pink I think from Aug. 23 is a Pink Frost.
Only had a few today, most vines are resting. #3 again is purple not blue. I would love it even more if it was a blue bloom!

I am glad I hopped on to see your beautiful blooms, Jackie and Helena. I love the tenten it is cute, also the star and the Edo. I also love the Blues wish our cameras would show true colors. If that purple was a Blue I'd be begging for a seed. LOL off to the eye dr, see you all later, Linda Please Please stay safe in the storm. I am worried about Mike and Paula and My niece Alex, too.none of these are the real colors except Gessaku, and the organza bags. This is my old camera here in use.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Thanks girls.
helena, I forgot to say the last bloom on your 1st set, the blue and white one that looks like # 4 above. Notice that the hige has identical colors as the
purp out of Carnival of Venice pictured right after the pretty hige. Love the rest
of your blooms too.
Debra, I;m in love with your Gessaku, a beauty. Save me a sd or 2.
I love your other blooms too the pink star and # 2.
Hoping all in the path of the latest hurricane stay safe
My favorite Purple Star
Pink Pom Pom # 2 can't think of its real name Sr moment
Lav Saz
10-10
Plum gray smoke

Beautiful morning glories and flowers everyone.

Debra, we are several hours from the coast, all we will get is an inch of rain, and light winds.
Have you called Mike and Paula, tell them to have things ready to bug out if they need too. Local news say parts of San Antonio may get up to 30+ inches of rain. If that is true, they could be with out power for 3 weeks possibly.
Tell them to stock up on water and such if they can.

Gautier, MS

Hope all In Texas stay safe too.

Thanks Debra and Jackie and Linda. I have a feather hige named Tiger that I bought on ebay. It's not as full as the other hige. But it does look like it has a bit of carnival of Venice and Jaimie Lynn. There quite a few crosses coming out.
Pretty blooms Debra. Your Gessaku is very neat. I like your little baggie method of saving seed?
Jackie awesome purple star bloom. Love your 2nd bloom too (calliandra?), I have one I started from cutting and it's almost 3 ft. waiting for it to bloom. Not sure what color now. Love your other mg blooms too.
Your

This message was edited Aug 25, 2017 2:58 PM

Oops, sent the wrong Purple Star pic in my post page 1
I didn;t realize cutting something out of the Plum Gray Smoke pic would make my pic so huge.
Helena, yes my Calliandra emarginata from Logees. Hope yours'blooms soon,
Mines waiting on a larger pot.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Helena, forgot to say I didn;t have near as many blooms today so could be my final flush of blooms too.Good thing I have another set of mg vines coming along. They have been in the shade all this time so may not get many blooms.

Beautiful, Jackie. I have lots of seeds from that Gessaku.
I guess I planted that purple star on the patio arch, so don't let me forget. Love that plum gray smoke. Today, I was able to use old camera in the am, then I ended up sleeping all day. I swear I think it's going to turn into winter soon. :P
Now, Miko NO Mai is starting to look like herself!
Linda, been worried about you today, please stay in a safe location.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Your blooms look great Debra. Why does # 5 look so familar, maybe something I;ve grown b4, a ginger? I don;t think its an orchid
Glad you found your old camera, wish i could have slept all day\
Here I am retired for yrs and I;m still sleep deprived.

Jackie believe it or not, that little flower is a common day flower that acts like a wandering jew. I pull them out most of the time, they spread crazy, but they do a good job of holding tall things up when they are hopped around which is what they do..
I never used to sleep, i think it is my meds. anyway, I ALWAYS feel like I am missing out on something when I am asleep..LOL

Beautiful photos everyone.

We are fine here. We won't get much if that storm.
My son is about an hour west of San Antonio, and they will get the rains and winds.
Keep them in your prayers please.

Gautier, MS

Glad you are fine Linda. Keeping your son and family in my prayers.
Jackie, your purple star is amazing, just love it along with your other blooms. I'm happy they did so well for you, hope they still keep going. They will take a break and bloom again.Glad you have another set of vines coming along. Some of mine still haven't bloomed either. whatever is left I will try to grow in my gh.
Debra, beautiful blooms. Awesome to see. Glad you are getting them and sharing the pics with us. Yeah, I thought I was going to try to sleep a bit longer today but that didn't happen. But look at my blooms today.

Gautier, MS

Some more blooms.
1st is AoMurasaki youjiro blzd from 2010 seed. Last is lite mutant DFNM.

Gautier, MS

1st is Mauve stars and stripes.
3rd is a lavender color not blue.
4th gray and white Tsukiyono .
Pretty velvety bloom not sure of name.

beautiful blooms today, Helena. You have a great eye candy store!

Debra, I should have recognized your Tradescantia, sp??. Its a Wandering jew member too.The one I had at my former home had a pink flower. Wish I had'pulled up some to bring over here.
Linda. glad you're safe from the hurricane, prayers for your family who might be in
it;s path.

Helena, unbelievable blooms from you today.
That entire 1st row is amazing. Love the pretty gray and your star bloom too.
Love that lite beauty on the end.
Helena, please save me a sd or 2 of your beautiful Tsukiyono, its stunning
Got several of your mg vines on the front porch Helena.
My Pres bush bloom this yr is a bust. almost completely'white, so disappointed.
Purple fuji
My Lav Saz is a beauty
White Pres Bush took in pollen from a white bloom I guess
This is true PPV from 2015 sds growing upright only 6 inches tall.
Look at pic # 5, the same PPV, with buds on the main stalk, not on any stems since it didn;t make any side stems.

This message was edited Aug 26, 2017 2:48 PM

WOW! Beautiful blooms today for sure.
Keep posting them ladies, I love all the colors.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Debra, Jackie and Linda. Putting you down for the Tsukiyono seeds Jackie.

Love your beautiful blooms too Jackie. There's always unexpected surprises in the garden. Sometimes good other times not so much. Your two vines look great last 2 pics. Hope they make make great blooms too.

Thanks Linda and Helena.
Helena, thanks for saving me the lovely Tsukiyono sds. I love the'soft Gray
and white bloom.
Deb, thanks for saving me the Gessaku sds.
Helena, it looks to me like that mg was trying to make a shrub or
tree form but the trunk is not sturdy enough.
Coming straight up without vining. I don't know what to make of it..
I guess we will know later.

It's exciting to watch different vines. I found one on the patio that is really bushy , no main leader stem yet.. I am pretty sure it's a seed from one of you, tho.
That Lav saz is something else! If you want day flower, Jackie, it is making seeds and easy to grow.
I have got to start finding homes for some of my stuff.. anyone want some night blooming cactus ( Cerus) ? a few random pics from this am.

Debra, I will save you Saz sds. I don;t need any day flower but thanks for the kind offer. I have several night blooming cactus so good on those too.
Love your mg/s. Nice 4 o'clocks too.

Gautier, MS

Jackie the Japanese art of Bonsai? They get huge blooms, something I'm too impatient to learn to do.
Debra your blooms are gorgeous. Love those vivid colors and your neat 4 o'clock blooms!
Here's what bloomed today.
1st bloom has more
Remember Dracula? my last seed so hope it makes a few.
AoMurasaki Youjiro Blzd purple 2010 seed
Choco silk
Pink Frost

Gautier, MS

The rest of the blooms. #3 and 4 are on the same vine, weird I better double check on that.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.