Morning Glories 2017 # 12

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Helena, thats why I gave up trying to grow the real Monet, too much trouble
and nearly impossible to stabilize. Your bloom is still very pretty as is the choco and hige.
I found a bloom from Sept 2013 that looks exactly like the pretty Lav from Debra's sds
my # 25-2013. And I don;t believe it, I took a pic of the label, must have known I
would want to know it's id later Blue Star complex K whatever that is.

I now think the K stands for Karen, blue

This message was edited Aug 31, 2017 5:47 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

That is beautiful , Jackie. Helena, I promise I will get a pic tomorrow of that little hige if it's blooming. It's way up high in the honeysuckle off the front porch. I have had a monet every year, and never remember to mark the seeds, so here is hoping I still see one before summer is over.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Debra.
Hope you tag that hige and Fuji no Monet Debra.
Thought I posted yesterday about your bloom Jackie.
Glad you found the picture and label for it's name. I have way too many in-named or no ID mgs.
Had 5 nice blooms this morning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Your blooms are all beautiful this morning Helena and how nice to see a
pink. Didn';t enjoy my candy Pink this summer and my Pink tie dyes were
all deformed. I should have started a Rosita , it never disappoints.
All repeats All in all, a disappointing yr for me again, mg wise.

Blue Saz
Lav chiffon
Xiongs
Purple Star I don;t know when I've enjoyed a mg more than this one. Almost like'new to me everyday.
Aogakiyana x choc silk

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms today from you both! No Hige Blooms this am.. but found a cat under a sunflower leaf that was about to blow, cut the leaf off, took it to the porch and hug it on the citronella plant... and we left for about 20 mins and came home to this. We are heading out in the am, so here is hoping Charlie gets pics and sends them to me.. LOL

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Debra.

Jackie, I love your blooms. They are beautiful and I enjoy seeing them every day.
It's just funny cuz I would say almost the same. I had a lot of blooms that weren't what I expected, still getting some blooms that are fussed and don't open. Hope maybe next year will be better.
Love your pretty blooms Debra. How lucky of you to spot that cat, love it. Hope also that Charley takes lots of good pics for you. Have a good and safe trip.

Thanks Debra and Helena.
Helena, yes hoping as always for a better mg yr next yr. I can
tell you that i enjoyed all of your blooms this season. I thought they were all
beautiful and some were spectacular..
Love your blooms today Debra. You;ve had some absolutely wonderful blooms.
too. Have a safe trip.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, my vines only seem to have one or two blooms a day and then take a short break before they bloom. They definitely have been weird this year. Maybe next year I'll have them in bigger pots but then some of the ones in bigger pots did the same thing. I really don't know or can figure them out.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beautiful blooms everyone.
I love that caterpillar.
Enjoy your trip.

Helena, I wouldn't put them in bigger pots, might just take that much longer to bloom
Some plants bloom faster when they run out of room at their feet, they go into panic mode thinking they're gonna die. So they get busy making blooms and setting seeds Stress bloomers they're called I think its important not to give them too much room.
Mine have done the same thing as far as taking a break.
My no Sora hasn;t bloomed for a while but has a bloom today.
Love your blooms this morning esp the big gray and the hige
Unknown pink I love it. My tag said almost red, not really
no Sora

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
You might be right Jackie about smaller pots Jackie. In bigger pots I would have about 3 vines growing in them. It could be soil too. Some you can't even say it's soil.

Beautiful pink bloom and no Sora, I love those pretty variegated leaves too.

Thanks Helena. all my lvs are eat up with spider mites. I have too much going on to care. I forgot you sometimes have 3 vine's in the same pot so the size of the pot might not be a factor for you. There is something wrong with my potting mix, too much peat moss. I want to go get some sacks of Baccto and add perlite and/or sand to
improve drainage and see how that works next growing season
They want to schedule my eye surgery but can't until they find out whats going on with my heart,. Something like a piece of plaque in my carotid artery so they will ultra sound it this coming Tues.

Gautier, MS

I fear my vines getting spider mites when I try to keep growing my vines in the gh this fall and winter. It's a shame we always have to have some kind of bugs going after the plants. I'm using more perlite in my soil too. Still hoping I find a soil I like.
Oh Jackie, I hope it's nothing serious and the doctors can find what's wrong and treat it. Hope the all goes well when you have the test done. Will be saying a prayer for you.

Sending prayers for you as well Jackie.

Thanks Helena and Linda.Prayers much appreciated.

Gautier, MS

Lots of mgs this morning.
Jackie from your shared seed, 1st your special beauty. 2nd Toma no Se.

Gautier, MS

More blooms. 4th bloom is a cross from Pink LYK.

This message was edited Sep 3, 2017 9:55 AM

Gautier, MS

More blooms.

Gautier, MS

1st 3 pic are from same vine, named by someone as purpurea "Stella".

Gautier, MS

And a few more blooms!

Helena, love your incredible blooms today.. My spec mg is making lovely blooms for you. Your Toma no se is making gorgeous blooms, wish I had grown one
this yr.'Beautiful Drac, little Kikyo and all of them really. The last 2 blooms on the 1st set are drop dead gorgeous. Are those from Summer Rain?? Love your higes too.
I am amazed at the sheer # of blooms you had this morning.
Mine are the same old repeats
Xiongs
Saz
Lav chiffon
Big Gray
Saz lite not

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. No, those 2 blooms are from a purpurea, heart shape leaves. I thought they were supposed to have a lighter blue color. Summer rain is Ip nil, I'm hoping and waiting for the one growing blooms sometime in the future.
My camera messed up when I was first taking pictures so later I took these two. Seems I have a Fuji no Monet of sorts maybe with the color being off a bit.

Jackie your beautiful blooms look great, I love the colors. They look perfect.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Oh my gosh Helena. that is the true Fuji no Monet bloom, very pretty. Glad'you got one to come true for you. I haven;t had the true one in yrs, I just gave up.

Time for a new thread.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1458199

This message was edited Sep 3, 2017 2:23 PM

wow! I missed a lot of eye candy! I am here in Buffalo, safe n sound. Praying for you, Jackie. I sure hope you keep us posted. No pics from Charlie yet.. but he said the butterfly has not emerged, so I know he is watching things. I know we all have our challenges with bugs, but really, in the scope of things, the blooms are the best medicine I could ever get.

Enjoy your visit Debra.

debra, the link to the new thread is right above your post

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.