Morning Glories 2017 # 12

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Good morning everyone. I love all the flowers you are posting. Beautiful colors.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Helena gorgeous blooms this morning. I especially love all your blooms on the 1st
row. Count Drac is a beauty and the chocolate and the pretty blue, 1st pic. Your Pink Frost is so pretty, one of my favorites. Love the lav/purple, last bloom on the 2nd row.
Helena, i don't think the bonsai can be passed down thru seed. I could be wrong. Its usually a tying off process of the roots on any other plant besides mg/s. I dont know how they bonsai mg;s. I've seen the pics yrs ago of the Jap bonsai mg's, very pretty but'extra work for sure.
Xiongs chinese
Purple Star
10-10
Danas Jap Mix

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful morning glories Jackie.

Thanks Linda.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.

Love your beautiful blooms Jackie. They are perfect!! Hope you have me down for both purple star seeds. Amazing blooms.

Göppingen, Germany(Zone 7b)

Beautiful flowers as always, ladies - especially lovely to see that Spanish Flag from Debra, as you all may have noticed that I love yellow MGs.

On my trellis, the purpureas finally remembered that there are more colors than that Baby blue which may be jamie lynn - better late than never. Pic 3 is Devils Twine, Cuscuta, as parasite on stinging nettles. I have posted that special type of MG once before, but that was from Italy - now this one is less than a kilometer from home here in Germany and it's obviously in flower. Last pic (an off-topic as always) is a spotless form of Tigridia pavonia. While I have raised many of those from seed, this is the first one to actually flower in its first year, so it seems I've got all the conditions perfect this time.

I really hope you and your significant ones aren't bruised too bad by Harvey - I have "would-be-in-laws-if-we'd-ever-mary-after-18-years" in Lake Charles, Louisiana, and it seems they're getting away with lots of heavy rain.

Thumbnail by pmmGarak Thumbnail by pmmGarak Thumbnail by pmmGarak Thumbnail by pmmGarak

Thanks Helena. yes I will save you sds of Purple star,. Now I see the other one
is making a striped bloom too.
Nice blooms Garak, Very interesting about the devils twine. A new one to me.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Oh gosh you guys, really pretty! Love the Xiongs, Jackie, but of course I love them all. Helena you have got some pretty cool blooms, too. I love them all. Hi Garak, good to see you! Really cool blooms of the Devils Twine, Cuscuta, too. Linda, we have been praying for all of Texas, God Bless you and your family.
I have Cats on the pink Milkweed out front. So happy!

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Beautiful blooms everyone.

Thanks for the prayers.
My son and a bunch of his friends went to Houston yesterday with helicopters, and boats, to help rescue those in need. He has not stopped since he got there. He said there are 1000's of people in homes, businesses, hospitals, nursing homes...

Gautier, MS

Thanks everyone.
Neat blooms Garak, very pretty.
Debra, love seeing your garden pics and pretty blooms.

Linda, I watched the news yesterday and the parts of Texas where the hurricane hit looks devastating. Lots of prayers needed for the people affected.

Here's my blooms for today, some repeats.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

here's the rest, last one is Ushio Tide or lite pink tie dye, its a new vine in the pot with another vine.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

I'll take repeats anytime, Helena. Love the Kikyo Ice.

Beautiful blooms Helena.

Yes, Houston is a mess, with 40+ inches of rain so far, and more on the way.
So many refused to leave their home, and are now trying to be rescued. I saw on the news that many states are sending fire depart guys to help out.
I personally feel that if there is a warning for bad weather and you are told to get out and don't then there should be a fine for being rescued. It is your own fault you did not listen.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Debra and Linda.

It's a shame people were stubborn and wouldn't listen to the warnings! A lot of work ahead.

Love your cats Debra. The purp pic is magazine worthy, I love it. Good enough to be on the cover.
Gorgeous blooms Helena. I love pic # 1, the white and soft blue. Pretty color on # 2
and of course I love the chocolate.
In defense of the people who wouldn;t leave the comfort of their homes. There
was no way they could know it would be that bad. Many reasons for some of them not leaving their homes. Maybe a family member bedridden or in a wheelchair, or too many pets and they wouldn;t leave them. I wouldn;t either. Also Houstons own mayor'did not issue an evacuation order.Lets just continue praying that most of them survived. God bless the people like Lindas son who took measures in his own hands and went to help.
A new one this am Pretty Pink Asago
LYK with star
Pres Bush finally making a bloom patterned more like it should be
Plum gray smoke
Purps

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Debra, my pretty Lav Saz from old sds made a white bloom today. So a very variable
bloom. This is the vine that you liked a few days ago that made the lovely soft lav and white

This message was edited Aug 28, 2017 7:18 PM

Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful photos Jackie, love the colors.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, love your pretty asagao bloom, I think mine are done. Love, love when you get the blue star on your blooms! My chocolate did that, kind of light. Glad your Pres Bush had its regular true bloom. Pretty Plum gray smoke and purp too.
I had to remove rust leaves from vines that have buds for tomorrow, placed the pots on patio so I can enjoy the blooms tomorrow. It's supposed to rain all week.

Thanks Linda and Helena.
I think some of mine are finished too. Helena,
Helena, glad you moved your pots with soon to open blooms to a dry spot. We will'start getting that rain from Harvey by Wed, We'll have downpours by this weekend. .
I killed my Purp Fuji, thought I was pulling a bad leaf and got my'
main stem. :-(

awwwJackie, Love the Saz.. and the pres bush as well as the blue star. I love it when no two blooms are alike. No rain here for about ten days except for a little spattering that lasted about 10 minutes. :P
I think I counted 10 spokes on your Pink Asiago. I know how that feels to accidentally mess or damage a morning glory seedling that was special. ((hugs))
What are the poor people down south going to do, it is still raining!
Helena, I am always snipping off the leaves I don't want. I wish I knew what causes rust..
Meanwhile, I am finding these vines popping up everywhere, and halve to either break them off or pull them out.. *sigh*

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

I was so glad to see something new blooming this morning Debra (Pink Asago);
l'm proud that Ark is still sending groups to help,. Off duty fire fighters etc.
Debra, pretty vines whatever they are,. a shame you have to pull them.
Sweet little hummer.

Gautier, MS

MS has volunteer going to help in Texas too.
It started raining 5:30 am lightly, off and on. Right now it's pouring, I'm glad I place some of my vines out of the rain. I had higes and a few others that I missed and others I have growing on the fence that I had to leave out.

Gautier, MS

Loved your pretty bloom Debra, and hummer to me are special!

Jackie, one of your pink higes bloomed.

Beautiful blooms ladies.

Very nice blooms today, Helena. Love the Higes. I think I have one growing out front. Trying to enjoy my Yards before I am away from it for two weeks. That sounds terrible. This is my favorite month of the whole year for Gardening. September is Buffalo, NY month , and also get plants ready to come n month. Our KG&E went down there to Texas. My sis in law is donating to the Humane Society in SanAntonio because of the displaced dogs and cats coming in from Houston. A pic of her and Lucy to the right of the pic, her latest rescue family member..We were actually supposed to be there this month. Joe took a pic of me in the tomato patch, cuz it is a late patch.. and they are really growing! He also took these pics of the blue star while I was in KC,MO.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Oh I;m sure that a lot of states are sending help to Tx. They need all'the help they can get and then some
Beautiful blooms Helena,. I love the pink star on the 1st row and the pink right behind it looks like the lovely pink Debra shared with me 4 or 5 yrs ago. Its a beauty.
Is that black King on the same row? Lovely Choc too.

Lav Saz was back to its original blooms today.
Morning Storm sds from Becky yrs ago
Purple Star
Plum Surprise made a different bloom
Xiongs

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Love that Saz and pretty sure I grew some from your seeds last year. ALso the second one is so beautiful with the white edging. I also think I grew plum surprise it looks familiar. I prolly have planted it again out there somewhere.I Love Xiongs, Plz save me 2 seeds if it sets.

WOW! Debra, your tomato plant is doing awesome.

I love all the flowers you are all posting.

Thanks Debra and Linda.
Debra, I have you down for Xiongs, Purple Star, Morning Storm Lav Sazanami,'and the 10-10 if it makes sds. I'll send you a dmail so we will have the list in case I lose my'written one

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. Great pics Debra. Love the blue star, wish I could grow tomatoes, tried and all it did was attract white flies.

Another set of wonderful blooms Jackie. Those colors are really nice.

Debra, missed your pic above, Love your Blue Star and thats a good pic
of you in the tomato patch.
Thanks Helena.

I found a Flying Saucer! And a Heavenly Blue, purple no mai ( JACKIE) , purple star/splash? and.. a hungry mama bird.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Debra, gorgeous blooms. Love your beautiful Fying Saucer and the rest of your blooms. I'm pretty sure that's not a Heavenly /blue. HB is a tri
-color and it should have a yellow eye just like Flying Saucer which is also
a tri-color. Pretty no Mai and Purple Star.

Gautier, MS

Gorgeous blooms Debra. Love your purple star/splash and that cute chubby hummer.
I have a few too, it finally stopped raining here for now. The skies still look gray, more rain to come. I saw a few higes that don't look so good so no pics for now.

Very pretty blooms and hummer Debra.

Helena, I pray your not getting flooded from Harvey?

Helena, please watch the weather there in Ms. A lot going on right now..
1st 2 Lavender chiffon
Xiongs # 4
Weird Saz deformed but still pretty # 5
Plum Surprise # 3

This message was edited Aug 30, 2017 5:02 PM

Gautier, MS

We had more down pours today right now the sun is trying to break through the clouds. Thank God only the ditches get flooded and our driveway by the street, my house is on a little hill. Of coarse our town and others always have low lying areas that get flooded. We are surrounded by bayous and rivers.
Beautiful blooms Jackie. I love how your mgs open fully! Lav. chiffon is a neat bloom so light yet you can see the gray stripes. That last one looks huge, love the blue color.

Glad you are not under water, Helena. Jackie, the package those seeds came from was burpee so now we know on the HB. Love the blooms you are getting,especially the Saz. Dang, I missed to take pic of jaimie lynn hige ? or maybe gypsy bride.. *SIGH*

Hope you're rain is thru for now Helena. Ours is just getting ready to start, I'dread it.
Debra, it wouldn;t be the 1st time Burpees and/or Parks mislabeled something. Course, it could have been sent to them under that name. Still it's not HB, the eye
has to be yellow. They need to inform their supplier for the so called HB..
Would love to see your Jamie Lynn or Gypsy Bride hige.

Gautier, MS

All is well here. Sun is out, feels slightly cooler too. Unfortunately there were places that had tree and branches damage from wind and small tornadoes.

Debra hope to see your pictures of Jamie Lynn or I really hope you have Gypsy Bride hige.
This mornings blooms, a Fuji no Monet mix from ebay. Those marks will disappear later and be solid, still looking for the true Fuji no Monet, the neat looking one.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.