Morning Glories 2017 #10

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1452007

Wish I had planted a pumpkin this yr.
This one'from Helena's seeds.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread Jackie, love your photo's.

Gautier, MS

Love those blooms Jackie, they are gorgeous. By the way it's not too late to get a few seeds of "pumpkin into the ground. The little red mgs are still coming up for me. It won't take long before they bloom.

Thanks Linda and Helena.
Thanks for that info on the pinks at the'
end of the previous thread Helena.
I'll see if I can find my sds for the pumpkin
I had a bunch I still wAnted to start, just running
out of energy here.

Gautier, MS

We too Jackie, the heat and all the running around we do is getting too much. But if you find a few seeds just stick them in the ground by a fence, water or wait for the rain.

I had a few nice blooms this morning.
#2 is Chachamaru
# 3 is Bue LYK

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Some more blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

A few more.
#3 is wild blue dawn by my sons house

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Pretty blooms Jackie. I planted some of the pumpkin from Helena, just waiting for them to pop up. I love love love the blues and dark purples you have blooming Helena. Is #3 second row up from here another Edo? I think I am in ov with that. Also, blue dawn.. how do you get that to grow? I have ever managed to grow any. I tried but am out of seeds now. I sent 8 rooted stems and one potted mg to buffalo to my mom in law to give to her friend , Millie. Millie is 80 ad drives Mom around when she needs to go somewhere, I guess they spent a whole day going around looking for morning glory plants for sale. anyway, they reported safe arrival and in ground with new leaves showing, so I know it can be done, but these were in the alley and I cut off all the growth except for 6 inches of stems with leaves. They said when we go up there I can take pics :D
Blooms from 2009.... the cardinalis is blooming now..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Gautier, MS

Thanks Debra. Pretty blooms from 2009. I always loved cardinal flower.
Debra #3 is another vine from mg seed that Dany sent long ago.
I had two blooms from Edo but forgot to post. It's hard to take pics of it, I take a lot of blurry pics that I delete.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Debra.
Beautiful blooms Helena. Can't get over how many are blooming their heads off for you. Love the gray and the Cha Cha Maru. Ooh, love that pink on 2nd row and
Angels Halo. Beautiful color on that purple Pretty blooms on the 3rd row too

Gorgeous blooms from 2009 Debra. love that luscious pink on the end.
I'm oretty sure I sent you a few Edo sds Debra from last yrs crop.
I planted out 15 mg sds or more in the ground today including pumpkin. Plus
I planted a pumpkin in one of the tubs. Here's hoping all of these bloom..
Kinda worried about the soil I planted them in. Didn;t hurt the pandy that was there.but these
nils are not as strong. Planted some purps too.

Beautiful blooms everyone. Love all the colors.

Thanks Linda.
I;ve got a gap from when my 1st blooms opened out front until the 2nd round opens.
They're almost showing color so hope it won;t be too long. They really should have opened a few days ago..\
This could be DFNM, the mutant I call it, or just a regular Fuji open in the
back yard tub
Beckys Rabenda, always the 1st to bloom like the youjiro also in a backyard tub
Indica
my Pink Plummie with 1 last flush of blooms
Begonia's Looking glass on the left and Cracklin Rosie on the right

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

wow, love the first bloom, Jackie. I also adore your pink plummie. Mine is budded, it's that light yellow. Helena, are those two the Edo? Boy,,, I am going to hunt those seeds down, Jackie. I am always planting seeds.. every day! Of course most of them will bloom while we are up in Buffalo, NY. I have to find someone to care for my gardens, as we are driving up there this year and will stay longer since I don't have to be at work by a certain time. Got my storage drive plugged in so here are some blooms from the past..
A crossed 4 o clock.. it is still with me and blooming right now.
Fugi from 2011, pink purp from Jackie,
Mauve splash from Becky
George Straight from Emma? ( that is what it was tagged any way..)

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. Love your blooms Jackie. Could the first be Fuji no Ao, mine had a variation when I grew it long ago. It was a vigorous vine. Your blooms look great.
Love your blooms too Debra. Love the 4'oclock. I have some planted too in a few pots. I hope a get some crosses too.
My neatest bloom was the 5th pic.

Gautier, MS

My first bloom looks similar to your, it's from a seed you shared with me.
Last a red salvia splendens from Lowes.

Thanks Debra and Helena,.
Love your blooms Debra especially the Wide bars of color on your Fuji,
very pretty.
Love your George Strait not, Got to love surprises, your # 5 a beautiful bloom.
Gorgeous blooms Helena. That 1st bloom could be a Fuji no Ao but i don;t
have any of those sds. I think it might have been from a pkt that read purple'
Fuji or Aogakiyama from 2013.I know I shared some of that pkt with you;
(maybe a few yrs ago) Love all your blooms on the 2nd row especially the Angels Halo.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie.

My blooms today. Need to water them.
My neat bloom from yesterday has a star today #4.

Gautier, MS

All repeats.

Beautiful morning glories Helena.

Helena, I love what your neat bloom did today. such a pretty pink with the star.
Your speckled on the end is my favorite speckled. You have a name for it?
Love the color of the lite purple right b4 the pink.
Is that a Pink Frost on the last row??

Today my Purple Fuji out front opened. Very similar to yesterdays in the tub
Mauve Splash, Hope its pattern develops more as more blooms open.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Really nice blooms, Helena and Jackie. I also love the speckled one, Helena. The split petal purp is awesome! Jackie I think you are just getting started on blooms. Beautiful Fugi and Mauve Splash. Can't wait to see more!

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda and Debra.
Not sure which speckled Jackie, on the first row is one from Azuremore, no official name. I just call it Blue purple speckled and smudges. Emma sells one very similar that she named Purple Rain.
On the 2nd row is Fujishibori with light specks or more white.
Love your blooms, very pretty blooms. Your Mauve Splash is a little different with color and specks. Might have crossed, will be interesting t see next blooms.

This message was edited Jul 31, 2017 7:57 PM

Thanks Deb and Helena.
Helena, I like the speckled on the 1st row. I like'both of them just a little partial to Azuremores
Helena, yes kinda strange that some of the pattern was missing from M Splash.
We'll just see what it does next.
Very slow start on my blooms this season.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, I over did it on starting my last batch. I'm afraid they are not going to make it or not grow well b/c I needed to get them into bigger pots and I haven't yet got around to it. Kind of overwhelmed and tired too. Too many other things to do too.
Lucky to get any blooms today. My vines needed watering yesterday, got it done just before 8:30 pm. I'll save you seeds of the speckled you like.
Todays blooms.
#1, #2 purple blzd
Gray haze
Pink silk cross with heart shape leaves
Mauve stars and stripes

Gautier, MS

A few more blooms.

Beautiful blooms ladies. Thanks for taking the time to post them.
I planted lots of seeds this year, and they all were growing nicely, but with temps 110+, they have stopped growing, some are turning brown already. No blooms either.

Love your beautiful blooms today Helena. The Purple blizzard is so pretty'with her dark colors. The Gray Haze is a beauty, I really like it.
Love the pattern on your shibori Is that Cha cha Maru
right behind the shibori?? .

Linda, simply too hot there in Del Rio now.. Becky used to have the same problem
growing mg's in the Florida heat. Try starting yours earlier in the spring and setting them out in April or May ( March or April??) b4 the heat gets intolerable there

# 4 from last yrs sds from Ronnie, looking like Pink Frost to me
The Fuji or mutant in tub out back. I hate not knowing their names for sure.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Helena, forgot to say don;t give up on your newest vines. Mine that were so thin and stretched out are looking better now. but no sign of buds anywhere, maybe soon.

I don;t think the seeds I planted in the ground below where pandy grew are
even going to sprout. Oh well

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
I agree with Jackie about starting them early in spring. I usually can set mine out in March, sometimes with some protection next to the house. But sorry to hear your plants are not doing good in the heat. I had quite a few that got done early too.
Jackie, yes that is Chachamaru.
Beautiful blooms Jackie, they really look great. Pink Frost does have some variation of blooms but I know how you feel about not known what they are. I have too many of no names glories myself. Hope those seeds you planted in ground do come up for you.

Thanks Helena. I do hope the sds I planted come up, would be nice to have some extra blooms to enjoy b4 the cold gets here.
No wonder I can;t tell which mg I have in the back yard tub, the mutant, DFNM,
is also a Fuj DFNM = Diluted Fuji no Murasaki. I've grown them both in'that tub before.

This message was edited Aug 2, 2017 2:56 AM

Gautier, MS

It's pretty either way Jackie. Just glad we get those beautiful blooms.

Here's mine from this morning.
#1 is from Dany.

Gautier, MS

This site would not let me post 2nd time until now for the rest of my blooms.
#2 pic, Fuji country blue, still waiting on better blooms from this one
#4 my favorite is sterile,still no seed pods from this one, :(

Those blooms are beautiful.

Love your beautiful blooms this morning Helena especially the outrageous beauty, # 1 on row # 1, the one I call the Steve Martin Wild and Crazy bloom
Pretty pink too and the fuji or youjiro with the narrow white bars. Nice speckled
and Pink TD or lookalike or Ushio Tide
I love your # 4 on 2nd row, a shame its sterile. It might root for you in a
cup of water, just a 3 inch cutting is all you need.
Ronnies # 4 Hot Pink
Aogakiyama x Choc Silk
Becky;s Rabenda a great bloomer
Mutant or Purple Fuji thinking it's Purple Fuji not the mutant

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

wowzers, I have missed a lot! Quite an array of different species form all of you. Love the vibrant colors. I know the heat is hard on vines, sometimes, I get them going inside and move them to a shady spot with early morning sun. Most of the time, I start them early, just didn't get to it this year. I found a great way to ship germinated seeds, tho! SO Linda, maybe this Fall I can do this and send them to you.
I hope to see half of the amount of blooms you two are posting, Helena and Jackie.
The lav moonvines are planted in last pot downstairs, hope to see them coming up soon. Pandy is in the 2nd pic, and it is from this year! Here is hoping! ( I feel like a mad scientist) LOL

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie, love all those colors. There's still hope that a few of my vines might make seeds. I might try hand pollinating them too. That pink one has more buds on the vine.
Nice set up for starting seeds Debra.

Hope your sds do well for you Debra.
Glad to see I'm not the only one still starting sds.
Thanks Helena. You know I think the Plum
Surprise I grew last yr was sterile. I';ve got 2 more of those going
this yr to see what it does.

Beautiful blooms Jackie.

Good luck with your seeds Debra, I wonder how they would ship?

I'd like to try and see how they do in shipping, Linda.
All these pics to follow are blooms from years past..

Thanks Linda.
Beautiful blooms from the past Debra.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.